:supernana:

we'll take it!
:winner

Chips
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Uribe, 3 for 4 with 5 RBI, and stellar defense. :thumbsup:

Chisox003
A win's a win. Ooribe is really starting to swing the stick.

And the bullpen ... Superb again.

I cant wait until this series is over.

downstairs
When do we start playing Major League games again?

ChiWavDave
Great Job Juan!!!

:bandance: :bandance:

Time for some alka-seltzer and a "hair of the dog" Scottie!

chisoxwschamps05
06-30-2006, 05:20 PM
When Juan is hot, theres nothing he can't do.
Except maybe Scottie's wife.

MarySwiss
Hey, Cubs announcers! How about some cheese with that whine? (Edit: make it "those whines.")

TBGR coming shortly.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

CanBuehrleWait
:uribe:"I rule U"

ChetChat
06-30-2006, 05:21 PM

Not soon enough. AND YAY URIBE!!!
Great article on the dismal state of the NL:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=dw-interleague063006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Vernam
06-30-2006, 05:22 PM
That's why Juan is my favorite Sox player -- doesn't look like much on the surface, but all he does is beat you with the glove and the bat. Wish I could have seen the last play of the game, because it sounded like a replay of Game 7 in Houston. :supernana:

What were the Cub announcers whining about?!

Vernam

cleanwsox
Great recovery by Jon today after the 1st. Good to see Uribe pick up the slack on the offensive side...... 1 down... 2 more to go.

lets go Pirates!!!

MarySwiss

Uh, oh!

:dumbass:

MsSoxVixen22
06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Woo-hoo! Here's to you Juan! :gulp: :)

chisoxwschamps05
That's why Juan is my favorite Sox player -- doesn't look like much on the surface, but all he does is beat you with the glove and the bat. Wish I could have seen the last play of the game, because it sounded like a replay of Game 7 in Houston. :supernana:

Vernam

Juan's my favorite too, but it was a similar play but it was more up the middle so juan couldn't charge it. And it was Game 4, not 7.

thomas35forever
Except for Pods, everyone did their part today!!!!!!!!

Fuller_Schettman
It took me about 5 innings to figure out I wasn't listening to Dan Rohn, rather Bob Brenly. He sure sounds a lot like Rohn!

Blob
Nice game by Jon and Juan!

Hey, that rhymes!

TheOldRoman
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Great win today! I have to work at 5, and it always sucks going to work after a loss.

Uribe is obviously player of the game, but hats off to Garland. He really turned it around after the first inning. That 6th inning was huge. Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, and he got out of it. Ozzie trusted him, and Jon finally got through it. He was busting guys inside all day. Great, great game for Jon. Hopefully this turns his season around.

Tragg
Why doesn't he let Brandon finish the game? Wish he would.

Mickster
:worship: :worship: :worship: :uribe:

MarySwiss
06-30-2006, 05:26 PM

Vernam

Well, let's see. Looked like PK's throw didn't nail Piere and Walker definitely beat the play that made the final out.

And this isn't whining, but how about all that, "Well, if Walker gets on, then we'll have an opportunity to see Jenks vs. Lee."

Anyone else have any more?

samram
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey, Cubs announcers! How about some cheese with that whine? (Edit: make it "those whines.")

TBGR coming shortly.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
What could they possibly have been whining about?

Nice win. Great game for Juan and a very nice job by the BP. Get the series win tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind on what they were whining about.

TheOldRoman
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Why doesn't he let Brandon finish the game? Wish he would.
Two reason. He had already thrown 2 innings, and Ozzie doesn't usually leave him in for more than 2. Most importantly, the next two hitters were lefties. It was the right move. Put Thornton in to get one of the two guys out. If he doesn't, Bobby goes up against Lee.

MarySwiss
06-30-2006, 05:28 PM
What could they possibly have been whining about?

Nice win. Great game for Juan and a very nice job by the BP. Get the series win tomorrow.

See my post #26, above. Like they need a reason to whine, anyway! :cool:

samram
06-30-2006, 05:29 PM

Thanks. Good point.:smile:

palehozenychicty
06-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Team missed a lot of opportunities to score, but Uribe, Gar, and the pen got it done. that's why we're a good team. anybody on this squad can beat you. unlike the flubs, who NEED lee to be on fire to win. let's win the series and move on.

MsSoxVixen22
06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Uh, oh!

:dumbass:

Good call MarySwiss! I was thinking the exact same thing! :redneck

JB98
06-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Two reason. He had already thrown 2 innings, and Ozzie doesn't usually leave him in for more than 2. Most importantly, the next two hitters were lefties. It was the right move. Put Thornton in to get one of the two guys out. If he doesn't, Bobby goes up against Lee.

I disagreed with the move. Brandon was throwing the ball well. Stick with the guy who is bringing it. When you bring in another reliever, you never know whether he'll have his good stuff. Thornton made things more interesting than they needed to be. Uribe made a helluva play to escape further difficulty.

Juan's best game of the season, and a nice effort by Garland as well. Jon pitched tough when he needed to, especially in that sixth inning. He bounced back nicely from the rough outing against Houston. Now, Vazquez must do the same.

SOXPHILE
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM

Listening to Farmer and Singleton on the radio at my desk at work, so I sadly got to miss the Cub announcers. So,......was Bob Brenly mad that the Sox got hits and runs against the Cub pitchers ? Does that go against the "Unwritten Rules of Baseball" book that he keeps with him ?

MarySwiss
06-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Good call MarySwiss! I was thinking the exact same thing! :redneck

Well, I only used it because I couldn't find any "Boy, are you ever a loser" icons! :cool:

sox aka champs
06-30-2006, 05:39 PM
:uribe:"I rule U"

LOL

Go Sox! :bandance::bandance:

BeviBall!
06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
As much as we like to ride Garland sometimes... he really showed something today. Now, stay hot Juan and get well Pablo!

Red Barchetta
06-30-2006, 05:54 PM

:roflmao:

JUribe1989
06-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Great game by my namesake!

joebro25
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Juan is on one of his hot streaks right now which is good to see outta the bottom of our lineup.Jon got it done today after that bad first. Hopefully, Javy can get it together tommorow and help us win the series.

rightsox
06-30-2006, 06:03 PM

That's a bad-ass sig you have there. Where can I find a bigger version of that grinder rule?

unclegary
06-30-2006, 06:07 PM
And how many of you "JUAN WORSHIPPERS" were ready to throw him overboard a month ago? FICKLE, FICKLE, FICKLE. :?:

chisoxwschamps05
06-30-2006, 06:08 PM
That's a bad-ass sig you have there. Where can I find a bigger version of that grinder rule?

I found it at whitesox.com. I dont know if it can go any bigger.

Cuck the Fubs
06-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Nice game all the way aorund, let's take the series tomorrow!

fuzzy_patters
06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Garland showed a lot in the sixth inning. He averted the big inning. Maybe he is coming around.

The Bubba Burger is apparently the official burger of the Chicago Cubs. I didn't think a burger called the Bubba Burger sounded all that enticing anyway.

wassagstdu
06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
That's Juan! Two more.

The final out was a tougher play than the WS final out.

Cat Thief
06-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Garland showed a lot in the sixth inning. He averted the big inning. Maybe he is coming around.

The Bubba Burger is apparently the official burger of the Chicago Cubs. I didn't think a burger called the Bubba Burger sounded all that enticing anyway.

They are actually quite good, but I don't buy them anymore. I emailed corporate and told them why. They sent me some $1 coupons which went straight to the trash.

John will be fine. He had 2 bad starts in June. I'll take that from the number 4 slot.

Chisox003
06-30-2006, 06:32 PM
:o:

:tsk:

Bubba Burgers are delicious :drool:

WSox8404
06-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Good game guys....especially Juan....oh and by the way, the Cubs are horrendous.

MarySwiss
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
:roflmao:

Yeah, that's a scream. Grow up.

HotelWhiteSox
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Geez, listening to the post game show it sounded like we got blown out.

No HRs for Jon today? Pssh.

1st base open first inning (you know what I'm talking about), Farmer noted what would've happened if he was pitching

Man, these ST games are starting to get boring. Can't wait til the real season starts this next week. Seriously, I have never been so uninterested in Cubs/Sox, I was more interested in the Pirates series

HotelWhiteSox
06-30-2006, 07:35 PM
:o:

:tsk:

Bubba Burgers are delicious :drool:

I saw one of the boxes and Jewel. I don't know how they compare to fast food or other burgers, but I think eating one of those things might kill me

Lip Man 1
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Any updated news on Ozuna's hamstring?????

Lip

Droso5
06-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Good things: Garland settling down and pitching very solid ball after the 2nd, also he strapped it down in the 6th and showed that he has some cajones.
Uribe is on his white hot streak right now and also is playing great D. And how about Brian Anderson? Although he may not be getting actual hits, he is beginning to hit the first pitch fastball and make solid contact on a more regular basis...he has shown much progression up to this point.

jongarlandlover
06-30-2006, 10:06 PM
great game for both jon and juan!!!!

jon for shutting 'em down after that 1st inning and averting the big inning in the 6th. and juan for just having an absolutely amazing game.

and brian made contact today, the balls were just hit at people. but he's looking so much better than he did for the first couple months. i'm happy for him.

Soxworldchamps
06-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Mostly great game today, but I've been noticing that we've been swinging at obvious balls lately. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that the Sox have been a little bit off their groove in the past few games, win or lose. It's not THAT bad, but I would think that they are playing down to certain teams and letting their guard down a little when they should really be playing hard baseball. I think we need to get some more caffeine into the communal team Mountain Dew supply or whatever they use :tongue: . Still, some good plays today, and Uribe is still my hero :bandance:

Tragg
06-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't call it a wrong move, just unnecessary. WE had a 4 run lead. McCarthy is going to be a starter one day; he's not some situational pitcher that only goes against right handed hitters. And we had to use another pitcher. Let him finish a game...he needs the experience.

Frankfan4life
06-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Good things: Garland settling down and pitching very solid ball after the 2nd, also he strapped it down in the 6th and showed that he has some cajones.
Uribe is on his white hot streak right now and also is playing great D. And how about Brian Anderson? Although he may not be getting actual hits, he is beginning to hit the first pitch fastball and make solid contact on a more regular basis...he has shown much progression up to this point.I liked Hawk's phrase about Jon, "He really bristled up." True that. At certain points in the game, Jon could have lost it and threw the whole game away. WTG Magic Juan with the magic wand.

I hope Vazquez "bristles up" tomorrow. We need you Javy!

DickAllen72
06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I hope Vazquez "bristles up" tomorrow.

That would be nice!

RowanDye
06-30-2006, 11:03 PM
It's definitely good to see Juan getting hot, it takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the lineup to do everything.

Jon had a good start, but it was against the anemic Cubs offense. It's encouraging, but he needs to do this against a lineup that is actually capable of scoring more than 2-3 runs a game. Seeing him come inside to Nevin and Barrett was GREAT, but again it was Phil Nevin and Michael Barrett. Neither of those players have exactly been tearing it up this year. I just hope Jon really builds on this, pitches well against Baltimore, and really comes out attacking after the All-Star break.

Now if Javy could just get it together a little....

LongLiveFisk
06-30-2006, 11:04 PM
2 more for the SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! :bandance:

FYI: If you go to that ballpark I highly advise you to fill up at McDonald's or Taco Bell before the game. That's gourmet food compared to the inedible menu of tasteless overpriced crap you'll encounter inside the park.

gobears1987
06-30-2006, 11:26 PM
I have to say that Garland is regaining my confidence in him.

Vernam
06-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Well, let's see. Looked like PK's throw didn't nail Piere and Walker definitely beat the play that made the final out.

And this isn't whining, but how about all that, "Well, if Walker gets on, then we'll have an opportunity to see Jenks vs. Lee."

Anyone else have any more?Thanks for the update, Mary. Now that I've seen the replay, Pierre was definitely out. Never ceases to amaze me what a high percent of close calls that MLB umps get right. They blow some, but overall they're phenomenal -- even in super slo mo, it was just barely evident AJ tagged him in time.

Thank god the Comcast replay had Hawk and DJ . . .

Vernm

Deuce
07-01-2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.tsr.org/StarWars/characters/luke/thumbs/Obi-Wan_Kenobi_&_Luke_Skywalker_thumb.jpg

"I felt a great disturbance in the forum... as if a couple of voices were suddenly calling Jon Garland inappropriate names and were suddenly silenced. I sense something wonderful has happened."

Dan H
07-01-2006, 08:39 AM

When we stop playing the Cubs and the rest of the National League. That league and the Cubs are pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

MrRoboto83
07-01-2006, 09:19 AM
When we stop playing the Cubs and the rest of the National League. That league and the Cubs are pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I think the White Sox team could take on the NL Allstars and win a best of 7 game series easily.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 09:23 AM
:uribe:
"Just another day at the office".:D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I think the White Sox team could take on the NL Allstars and win a best of 7 game series easily.

They could win the series in 3 games.:D: :D:

voodoochile
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Uribe, 3 for 4 with 5 RBI, and stellar defense. :thumbsup:

He's just been on fire recently. I didn't get to see the game, but man he is hot.

0o0o0
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Great win today! I have to work at 5, and it always sucks going to work after a loss.

Uribe is obviously player of the game, but hats off to Garland. He really turned it around after the first inning. That 6th inning was huge. Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, and he got out of it. Ozzie trusted him, and Jon finally got through it. He was busting guys inside all day. Great, great game for Jon. Hopefully this turns his season around.

The turnaround in that inning was phenomenal. He just kept busting em in and busting em in. That broken bat "groundout" by Barrett was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I haven't been that pleased with Garland in a long, long time. :D:

awesomefan
07-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I LOVE JUAN URIBE....I've said this many times & brag about him more than most other posters.

The White Sox would never have come close to winning a World Series without a shortstop like Juan Uribe. I think Juan is the best shortstop in the majors. He is so fast in everything he does & has a very accurate cannon for an arm.:bandance:

Also, AJ is the smartest catcher in the majors. AJ's smartball helped win several important games & lead the Sox to a World Series Championship & he continues his winning ways.

Face it The Sox had just the right combination for one of the most winning playoff teams of all time...only 1 lose in 13 playoff games.....ALMOST PERFECT.:cool:

I must say after being pretty mad at Kenny Williams for a few trades like Carlos Lee & Tony Graffanino, I LOVE KENNY WILLIAMS now. Even though Kenny traded my Hero A-Row.:redface: