PDA

View Full Version : The media just doesn't get it

ScottySoxinCA
06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
"Pity the poor White Sox, who win a World Series and still play second fiddle in the second city."

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2493305

yesenia
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
This months Maxim has Wrigley as the #1 ball park....I hate it. The fans dont even like the park! Just cuz the thing is so old....not right i tell you...

FireMariotti
06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
"Pity the poor White Sox, who win a World Series and still play second fiddle in the second city."

I read a similar article like this.... at least 3 years ago. Leave it to espn to recycle the same old garbage over and over.

MarySwiss
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Relax, it's ESPN. Although how they can call it the "happiest place on Earth" beats the hell out of me. And to make their case, they call upon Ronnie Woo Woo, Old Style, and $30 parking.

And "Pity the poor White Sox?" Yeesh! Yeah, I sure feel sorry for my team. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Once again, I thank God I was born a Sox fan!

SoxEd
06-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I for one am prepared to give the author of that article some kudos.

By National Media standards he certainly deserves it - at least for pointing out that Comiskey is in a gentrified neighborhood - as opposed to the 'Crack Alley in the middle of the Projects' that they usually portray the South Side as.

I think that I also detect a hint of sarcasm in the usual Fluboganda.
Especially the last line of the bit about Wrigley.

Lip Man 1
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Scotty:

WHO CARES?

It's ESPN.

Lip

Cuck the Fubs
06-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Once again, I thank God I was born a Sox fan!

Amen Mary, I thank my Dad every day for raising us the right way!!!!!

Even though my parents moved from the South Side to the North side in the 60's...they kept the baseball stuff straight!

rowand33
06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Amen Mary, I thank my Dad every day for raising us the right way!!!!!

Even though my parents moved from the South Side to the North side in the 60's...they kept the baseball stuff straight!

first thing I did after the final out of game 4 of the world series last year was call my dad and thank him for raising me a sox fan.

LuvSox
07-01-2006, 12:27 AM
This months Maxim has Wrigley as the #1 ball park......

Dumbest magazine I have ever read.

Dan H
07-01-2006, 07:55 AM

There is no reason to pay attention to any story like this, and I won't even bother to read it. Pity the poor White Sox? The Cubs are on their way to a 100-loss season, and are near completing a 100-year cycle of not winning a World Series.

I would pity the poor Cub fans, but they are the ones dumb enough to think going to a Wrigely is a great experience.

Their manager has given up. The front office has no clue and it doesn't bother them that they have no clue. They take soloace in the fact that they didn't give up in a 6-2 loss where they again were exposed as a completely inferior ball club.

This Cub season ended the day it started. Their century ended the day it started.

TornLabrum
07-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Actually The Cell's renovations got a pretty good review in this article (if you cared to read the article). As to The Shrine being the happiest place on earth, that's because the people there are either too drunk or too stupid to know what's happening on the field.

One thing Hangar got right: Just ask any "Cubs fan" to name five starters on their own team.

MadetoOrta
07-01-2006, 09:28 AM
first thing I did after the final out of game 4 of the world series last year was call my dad and thank him for raising me a sox fan.

Wow. I did the same thing except to my Mom. She was the one who made sure we were raised Sox fans. My Dad could care less although he took us to Sox games often and never took us to the Urinal. Pity the Sox fans? I think not!

DSpivack
07-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Actually The Cell's renovations got a pretty good review in this article (if you cared to read the article). As to The Shrine being the happiest place on earth, that's because the people there are either too drunk or too stupid to know what's happening on the field.

One thing Hangar got right: Just ask any "Cubs fan" to name five starters on their own team.

But if I could name (almost) all of their starters then I'm flubsessed....Yeah, surrre.

TornLabrum
07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
But if I could name (almost) all of their starters then I'm flubsessed....Yeah, surrre.

No, it could mean that you just pay attention to the game of baseball.

Railsplitter
07-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:ESPN = Employs Stupid People Network

santo=dorf
07-02-2006, 01:31 AM
I was listening to "The Baseball Show" tonight on ESPN national radio, and the two mediots were talking about today's game as if the Scrubs were playing another national league team.

"You knew bad things were bound to happen for Chicago during the 8th inning."
"The fans threw trash onto the field in disgust of the hometown team."

:rolleyes: