PDA

View Full Version : Aj Hbp

MrEd
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Watching game at work and didn't see it. Was it accidental?

Chips
06-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes.

shaunburnette
06-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Watching game at work and didn't see it. Was it accidental?

No doubt an accident. 60 mph breaking ball. First batter of inning.

dllrbll7
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
First batter of inning.

Well I don't think being the first batter of the inning proves anything, we've seen people intentionally hit with the bases loaded.... That would be the ultimate time you don't want to do it, let alone twice

BainesHOF
06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
It was an accident, but I still say we pay them back.

Garland_IS_God
06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Uribe's Homer was payback enough!!

slobes
06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
It was an , but I still say we pay them back.

I think a win would be payback enough. They didn't mean anything by it.

Chips
06-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I think a win would be payback enough. They didn't mean anything by it.

Sums it up perfectly.

Chisox003
06-30-2006, 05:14 PM
It was an accident, but I still say we pay them back. Thankfully you're not managing

BainesHOF
06-30-2006, 05:28 PM
We've been hit way more times than we've hit. I'd make sure we put a stop to it.

southwstchi4life
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
We've been hit way more times than we've hit. I'd make sure we put a stop to it.
I agree, I mean, especially to our man A.J.
I think it was accidental, but who knows.
How does this always happen to A.J. Which make me suspicous.
I have a feeling Mr. Mark Buerle might just do the same if anybody.

JB98
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM

Guys, AJ leaned into the pitch. It was a two-strike breaking ball, not thrown hard enough to break a pane of glass. There was no intent there whatsoever. Let's not sink to the Cubs level. Just play baseball and go about our business.

CHISOXFAN13
06-30-2006, 06:53 PM

There isn't a player on this planet who wouldn't have wanted to get hit by that pitch.

I'm assuming A.J. didn't even feel the ball hit the armor.

MrRoboto83
06-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Payback is winning the game. That is the only thing the Sox need to worry about.

BainesHOF
06-30-2006, 09:20 PM
To repeat, I know the beaning was an accident. But given our history with the Cubs this season, and the way everyone is hitting us more than we're hitting them, I say enough is enough. It's time to start hitting people back at opportune times. For whatever reason, we've literally become a target. You don't just stand there and take it.

JB98
06-30-2006, 09:22 PM
To repeat, I know the beaning was an accident. But given our history with the Cubs this season, and the way everyone is hitting us more than we're hitting them, I say enough is enough. It's time to start hitting people back at opportune times. For whatever reason, we've literally become a target. You don't just stand there and take it.

To repeat, you are still wrong. In Texas and against St. Louis, I thought retaliation was necessary. In this case, there is nothing to be gained by throwing at a Cubs batter. It would only create another media circus and lead to a Sox pitcher getting suspended.

Grzegorz
06-30-2006, 10:20 PM
To repeat, you are still wrong. In Texas and against St. Louis, I thought retaliation was necessary. In this case, there is nothing to be gained by throwing at a Cubs batter. It would only create another media circus and lead to a Sox pitcher getting suspended.

I agree, pay the Flubs back by sweeping them. Why on earth would we want to potentially get guys suspended? We need all hands on deck and ready to go; this is going to be a tough fight to the end of the year.

I repeat, there is nothing to gain by starting a beanball war.

BainesHOF
06-30-2006, 10:36 PM
There were no warnings issued at the time. Nobody would have been suspended.

HomeFish
06-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I can't believe people are complaining about a free baserunner.

Payback = driving the guy in.

swanson24
06-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow! The pitch that hit A.J. was clearly accidental. However this bean ball talk has got to come to an end. Just like the Barret Pierzynski feud it is just getting ridiculous. It does our guys no good at all to lose players, coaches or Ozzie to suspensions in bean ball wars. If we want to make the playoffs we need a full suspension free lineup.

CLR01
06-30-2006, 10:52 PM
There were no warnings issued at the time. Nobody would have been suspended.

Warnings don't have to be issued for a player to be kicked out and given a suspension.

CaptainBallz
06-30-2006, 11:35 PM
What-the-heck-ever... This pitch slips, that pitch slips... Let's not forget that before athletes, these guys are entertainers...

Not saying anything should happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if something "accidentally" did happen....

All in all, I couldn't give a ****. Just win because Detroit doesn't want to stop.

esbrechtel
07-01-2006, 10:25 AM
my grandmother could have thrown the ball harder....and AJ did give it a little lean....

bigfoot
07-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Marshall couldn't spot his breaking ball all day. This one was no exception.

russ99
07-01-2006, 11:49 AM
What-the-heck-ever... This pitch slips, that pitch slips... Let's not forget that before athletes, these guys are entertainers...

Not saying anything should happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if something "accidentally" did happen....

All in all, I couldn't give a ****. Just win because Detroit doesn't want to stop.

We'll have to wait another day for our retribution.

Zambozo needs to be paid back for those 2 beanings in the last Sox/Cubs game at the Cell. Plus, he has to bat this time! :tongue:

That said, I was 10th row upper deck, behind first base and even I saw that the pitch slipped. Not intentional at all.