PDA

View Full Version : "L" Flag

bryPt
06-30-2006, 08:32 AM
So I live in Glen Ellyn, or should I say, Wrigley West. I am sickened by all the Cub fans out here. I think I only know of 3 Sox fans in all of Glen Ellyn. The darn city hall flew a cub flag last year until about August and the local hardware store sells more Cub junk then nuts and bolts.

They sell a "W" flag.

They do not sell a "L" flag.

Anyone know where to purchase an "L" flag so I can fly it on every Cub loss? Anyone know of a flag company that could make them and maybe put on the bottom of it "98 years of losing, GO SOX!" or something? I looked on the web and could not find an "L" flag. I know I would fly it under my Sox World Series flag every cub lose. I know it would get faded rather quickly (I wonder how many more "L" flags the tribune company buys compared to "W" flags for Wrigley so the L Flag does not look more faded than the W?). Anyone know where to score one of these flags?

I need something to show the brainless Cub fans how completely stupid they are. I fly my Sox flag daily, but still they do not understand, and I get flipped off on a regular basis. The lemmings walk past my house with Cub hats on (some all black now to look like Sox caps), and look at me doing yardwork and think I am a brainless idiot for being a Sox fan in the middle of their cute little town. I did not know this town was so brainwashed to root for such a loser when I purchased the house, I did not know. So I need to correct this problem and as Kenny would say, "turn it into a Sox town." Or is it just not worth it and enjoy the fact that I live in the middle of a town full of idiots?

NonetheLoaiza
06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I made one a couple years ago for the Sox-Cubs series. Just bought a blue flag and some white fabric. Shape into an L, sew on. It didn't take very long.

The Sox-Cubs series is the only time I use it though. And it was intended only as a playful joke.

jenn2080
06-30-2006, 08:54 AM
I know they make them. I saw some people wtih them at the series at the Cell

LongLiveFisk
06-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Wow, I just lost a lot of respect for Glen Ellyn!

Chips
06-30-2006, 08:58 AM
:welcome:

russ99
06-30-2006, 09:04 AM
I think the "L" flag would make a great t-shirt, and much funnier than the Wrigley gay bar shirt. Who does the shirts for the guys that sell them outside Comiskey?

jenn2080
06-30-2006, 09:06 AM
I dont know but that one and the shirt of a guy on his knees is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

bryPt
06-30-2006, 09:13 AM
the scariest thing about this is, I went into the hardware store and asked him if he sells "L" flag, and his exact quote was"

"Typical jealous Sox fan. No, we do not sell it."

JEALOUS SOX FAN? ***?

Seriously, I think we need to have all Cub fans checked for brain activity, because I do not think they have.

Chips
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
the scariest thing about this is, I went into the hardware store and asked him if he sells "L" flag, and his exact quote was"

JEALOUS SOX FAN? ***?

Seriously, I think we need to have all Cub fans checked for brain activity, because I do not think they have.
:whocares Fly your Sox flag and be happy.

DumpJerry
06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
They sell "L" flags all over town. They have the Cubs' logo on them.:wink:

AuroraSoxFan
06-30-2006, 09:35 AM

JEALOUS SOX FAN? ***?

That's some funny stuff. Hey, when you're right, you're right. Doesn't everyone wish they were 20 games under 500 and in 5th place? Can't help the jealousy factor. May wanna drive a town over or hit up a Home Depot next time you need anything from a hardware store. I'd have a hard time handing $$ to anyone that dumb.

MadetoOrta
06-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Frankly, I think you need to move south to Naperville-Lisle-Downers Grove. This is White Sox country by and large with a scattering of flubs, tribe, carmines and NYY fans. I for one am willing to cede Glen Ellyn to the losers.

mandmandm
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
http://www.theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-06-06-27-cubsII&idrub=65&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=a854d503d5ee50fc68e14fce0b1b9d04

bryPt
06-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I used to live in Asssweeeeggeerr (oswego) and drove through Naperville every morning to work in Woodridge. Moved closer to work, and apparently, into a town full of lemmings.

SOXPHILE
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't know where to get one, but just do what I do. Fly your Sox flag(s) from your house, especially this weekend. Wear your Sox gear as much as possible. Hats, shirts, jerseys- especially ones that mention that whole "World Series Champions" or "World Champions" thingie. When the blue hatted brain dead ones give you any kind of a look, just laugh at them. Point and laugh, loud. Done it on a few occasions, and they all start to say something, but then usually just put their head down and walk away sheepishly.

soxfan13
06-30-2006, 10:25 AM
skottyj found one the other nite for 40 bucks. hes bringing it to the game Sunday.:D:

ws05champs
06-30-2006, 11:09 AM

Which hardware store is it? Maybe we can get all the WSI posters nearby to go in there and ask for one.

skottyj242
06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
skottyj found one the other nite for 40 bucks. hes bringing it to the game Sunday.:D:

I bought one yesterday night. I think it's bigger than the one they really fly but it look real.

FielderJones
06-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I bought one yesterday night. I think it's bigger than the one they really fly but it look real.

Care to give us the name and location of the fine establishment that sells them?

jenn2080
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM

where ya sitting skotty?

white sox bill
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Hope the "L" flag they fly at wrigley is weatherproof!!:D:

bryPt
06-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Soukups Hardware Store, right on Main Street in Glen Ellyn. Been there like 50 years. I have no idea how they remain open since there are like 4 Home Depots, Menard's and Lowes circling Glen Ellyn. Apparently they make their money on Cub fans and W flags. I guess they have sold over 100 W Flags. They had about 10 different pennants as well, all cubs except for one, a sox pennant in BLUE AND RED. HUH?

I do the laugh thing as well when they walk past, it is a great reaction. But I want something to humiliate them when not around as well.

bryPt
06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Care to give us the name and location of the fine establishment that sells them?

yes please, I NEED A LOSER FLAG TO FLY!

chisoxwschamps05
06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Hope the "L" flag they fly at wrigley is weatherproof!!:D:

I heard that they've gone through about 5 already this season.

Iwritecode
06-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I heard that they've gone through about 5 already this season.

I heard yesterday that the 'W' flag had noticable creases in it from being folded up for so long. I heard that even the announcers commented on it. :D:

jenn2080
06-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I heard yesterday that the 'W' flag had noticable creases in it from being folded up for so long. I heard that even the announcers commented on it. :D:

It was probably moldy too from being in storage so long

bryPt
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
ordering mine today! I have a friend that is going to stitch this on the bottom"

98 years of losing, and counting

http://www.flagpro.com/store/'L'%20Flag%203x5%20ft.

YEAH!!!

buehrle4cy05
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I think the "L" flag would make a great t-shirt, and much funnier than the Wrigley gay bar shirt.

I have that shirt. Some coach of a team I ump gave me the shirt before a playoff game. I only wear it during the Cubs/Sox series.

(By the way, the coach that gave me the shirt's team lost.)

skottyj242
06-30-2006, 02:30 PM
where ya sitting skotty?

I am sitting in section 11, it's right behind the Cubs dugout.

I bought the flag at a little store next to Quigley's on 111th and Pulaski in Oak Lawn.

bryPt
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I am in contact with Flagpro to make and edited version available to the public.

The L flag with "98 years and counting." I actually asked them to make the flag with the numbers on with velcro so we can change it every year. 99, 100, 101, 180, 185, 200, etc....

DSpivack
06-30-2006, 05:45 PM
C'mon, this is a team what waves a white flag when they win. Does anyone else not find that hilarious?

Chisox003
06-30-2006, 05:52 PM
I am in contact with Flagpro to make and edited version available to the public.

The L flag with "98 years and counting." I actually asked them to make the flag with the numbers on with velcro so we can change it every year. 99, 100, 101, 180, 185, 200, etc....
Why waste your money?

bryPt
06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
anything to cause grief to Cub fans is worth the money.

Of course, for 1 Flag, it is going to be $160 bucks.

BUT, if there is an order for 12, they drop down to $39 a piece.

Anyone interested in ordering one, I need 9 more peeps to get it down to $39 a flag?

Chips
06-30-2006, 07:02 PM
anything to cause grief to Cub fans is worth the money.

Of course, for 1 Flag, it is going to be $160 bucks.

BUT, if there is an order for 12, they drop down to $39 a piece.

Anyone interested in ordering one, I need 9 more peeps to get it down to $39 a flag?

Seems like a giant waste of money, but it's your money, do what you please.

chisoxmike
06-30-2006, 07:04 PM
What a waste of $$$$. Why don't you save that $160 and use it for potental playoff tickets?

Chisox003
06-30-2006, 07:07 PM
What a waste of $$$$. Why don't you save that $160 and use it for potental playoff tickets?
What, you don't agree with his "anything to cause grief to cubs fans is worth the money" comment?

Shocking :o:

Cat Thief
06-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I am sitting in section 11, it's right behind the Cubs dugout.

I bought the flag at a little store next to Quigley's on 111th and Pulaski in Oak Lawn.

The place is called

G+L Trophies and Gifts
708-425-2884

I just got back from there.They are $48.95 and they won't have anymore until the middle of next week. If you want one call them give 'em your name and they will call when it comes in. Tell them Dave sent you. Maybe I will get mine for free. They also sell the SoxSider shirts there.

Those people who think it's a waste of money obviously don't have any "W" flags flying in their neighborhood or never had to walk by that flag waving bitch on 33rd and Princeton when the scrubs occasionally beat us at home. Besides that, it will look good in my garage.

BTW if you have a loved one that is a cop or fireman they have alot of nice stuff in there. I want to buy some of that **** just because it looks cool.

FireMariotti
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
C'mon, this is a team what waves a white flag when they win. Does anyone else not find that hilarious?

:D: I read somewhere that they used to fly the white flag after every loss, but they switched to blue because the white flag was getting worn out too quickly.

ChetChat
06-30-2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-06-06-27-cubsII&idrub=65&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=a854d503d5ee50fc68e14fce0b1b9d04

I love the poll on that page! Even Cubs fans voted overwhelmingly for "Sox will still win 110 games" when polled re: Derek Lee's coming back. I have to admit, I voted...

ws05champs
07-01-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm getting one of these:

http://www.theheckler.com/public/spec/upload/06-06realflag.766.jpg

Soukups Hardware Store, right on Main Street in Glen Ellyn.

The Ace in Lombard (Westmore just north of Roosevelt) carries Sox stuff and is run by Sox fans. I'd go a little out of my way and take my business there.

C-Dawg
07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
So I live in Glen Ellyn, or should I say, Wrigley West. I am sickened by all the Cub fans out here. I think I only know of 3 Sox fans in all of Glen Ellyn.

Does that 3 fans count me? I've lived here for years. :cool:

Reni
07-02-2006, 09:23 AM
we just moved to Glen Ellyn - though on the Lombard line and I see a majority of Sox stuff when I am out in the car or walking. Just down our road I have seen 2 or 3 huge Sox flags flying over garages, in windows, etc......

And yeah, seems like a lot of money to spend to pick on Cubs fans.

bryPt
07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
take a trip to the little downtown area of G.E., it looks like a cub game just let out.

The train station yesterday had 13 cub jerseyed fans waiting for a 9 AM train. Every saturday that the lemmings have a game, there are a ton of glen ellynites going. The Starbucks across the street is normally filled with Cub hats. I walk in to get my wife a latte with the world series hat, and the place goes silent. I smile, tip the hat and get the coffee. On nice days, I put on GO GO WHITE SOX on the iPod in the car with the top down and drive away.

bryPt
07-02-2006, 12:13 PM
oh and, FIGO, a restaurant in the middle of Wrigleyville West (G.E.) is mostly sox fans. So if you want great food, and I mean great, you will be welcomed with sox fans wait staff and bartender.