The San Diego Surf Dawgs, that is.
http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=2504983

:?:

RadioheadRocks
06-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Wow, that's pretty desperate!

TDog
06-30-2006, 02:36 AM
This is a league where all the teams have the same ownership. Aside from selling players to big league teams, it profits by selling tickets and merchandise. (The Yuma Scorpions have T-shirts with their mean-looking logo that say, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of my ballpark.") Minor league baseball can be a fun experience, and I'm sure people will get a kick out of seeing Jose Canseco.

Canseco actually has some charisma, although the steroids have dulled it. During the year he was replacing injured Frank Thomas on the Sox, I talked to fans at the park who insisted they would rather have Canseco come back to the team in the spring than Thomas.

StillMissOzzie
06-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Is this the California Penal League? Keep an eye out for Ricky Vaughn's heater, Jose!

SMO
:gulp:

Chips
06-30-2006, 04:53 AM
It's not desperate, it's awesome.

:bashbro 2nd most prolific Cuban home run hitter in MLB history.

gbergman
06-30-2006, 04:58 AM
woohoo i can go watch him play!!

WSox8404
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
The San Diego Surf Dawgs, that is.
http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=2504983

:?:

Is he really trying to make a comeback or is he just playing baseball for the fun of it? I know Henderson kept playing and even played for the Surf Dogs but he actually wasn't that bad and some teams were interested.

DaleJRFan
06-30-2006, 12:12 PM
does the GBL have an anti-doping policy? If not and Canseco can get juiced up, he may take the league by storm!

jdm2662
06-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Is he really trying to make a comeback or is he just playing baseball for the fun of it? I know Henderson kept playing and even played for the Surf Dogs but he actually wasn't that bad and some teams were interested.

It could be a combination of wanting to play, and publicity. Let's face it, he's goten quite bit out of his book since it's apparent he wasn't lying. Henderson played because he loved to play and still could produce at that level. This is despite the fact every year he plays, it pushes back his HOF elgibility another year.