PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Castro

sox1970
06-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, it doesn't look like the Sox are going to get Castro back from the Rangers. He was traded to the Phillies for Daniel Haigwood. Pretty weird.

kwolf68
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Haigwood has struggled with command in Philly's AA squad. I liked this kid last year, but it appears he may be not be a can't miss talent like some thought...now in his third org in less than a year. He doesn't have any pitches that are great and doesn't have the composure or command of someone like Buerhle (or for a more recent example Sowers in Cleve)

DaleJRFan
07-07-2006, 02:47 PM
though Haigwood appears to have fallen off the "prospect radar", Gio's K/IP and K/BB ratios are staggering.

112 Ks & 47 BBs in 99 IP. His WHIP is a little high, having given up 86 hits.

Randar68
07-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Haigwood has struggled with command in Philly's AA squad. I liked this kid last year, but it appears he may be not be a can't miss talent like some thought...now in his third org in less than a year. He doesn't have any pitches that are great and doesn't have the composure or command of someone like Buerhle (or for a more recent example Sowers in Cleve)

Pretty much my concern about him since 2004. He has a nice curve but everything else is average. That's a tough combo to be successful in the show.

cws05champ
07-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, it doesn't look like the Sox are going to get Castro back from the Rangers. He was traded to the Phillies for Daniel Haigwood. Pretty weird.

Does Castro now need to stay on the Phillies active 25 man roster for the rest of the season, or risk losing him back to the Sox?

sox1970
07-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Does Castro now need to stay on the Phillies active 25 man roster for the rest of the season, or risk losing him back to the Sox?

I think before the Rangers traded him to the Phillies, the Sox must have had the option of getting him back. Looks like that ship has sailed.

the gooch
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
I think before the Rangers traded him to the Phillies, the Sox must have had the option of getting him back. Looks like that ship has sailed.
why would they do that? is it because they would have to add him to the 40 man roster and they dont have room for him? enough other teams are high on him that not picking him up seems unwise.

cws05champ
07-30-2006, 11:07 AM

The Phillies have to keep Castro on the active roster or send him back to the Sox for $25,000.
According to baseball America: "The Phillies assume the Rule 5 responsibilities attached to Castro, meaning they can't sent him to the minors without passing him through waivers and then offering him back to the White Sox for half his $50,000 draft price."

sox1970
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
The Phillies have to keep Castro on the active roster or send him back to the Sox for $25,000.
According to baseball America: "The Phillies assume the Rule 5 responsibilities attached to Castro, meaning they can't sent him to the minors without passing him through waivers and then offering him back to the White Sox for half his $50,000 draft price."

Interesting. Thanks for the knowledge.

maurice
08-03-2006, 01:43 PM
He's got 8.1 scoreless IP for the Phillies so far, while giving up only 2 H and 2 BB.