PDA

View Full Version : Start Thome for 2 games against Cubs?

SportsPg
06-29-2006, 11:10 PM
I thought Thome did a decent job at 1st base in his start against. Pittsburgh. What do you guys think of starting him Friday & Sundayand givign Paulie two days off? Thome looks to me like he is about to go on a tear.

Anyone have concrete info on when Thome is supposed to go? I thought I read the plan was for one game, but I don't know which one...

oeo
06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
I thought Thome did a decent job at 1st base in his start against. Pittsburgh. What do you guys think of starting him Friday & Sundayand givign Paulie two days off? Thome looks to me like he is about to go on a tear.

Anyone have concrete info on when Thome is supposed to go? I thought I read the plan was for one game, but I don't know which one...

Tough decision, and that's what Ozzie gets paid for. I'm just glad all this interleague crap is done after this weekend, and we can get back to playing real baseball everyday. I usually enjoy the pitcher batting for the first few games, and then it gets old, fast.

CHISOXFAN13
06-29-2006, 11:16 PM

With the lefty going tomorrow, I'd be surprised t see Thome get the start. But I also wouldn't mind seeing him play Sunday against Zambrano. Who knows.

Three more days of this crap, and we wont have to worry about it until late October again.

kittle42
06-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Play him once. No need to push it.

the gooch
06-30-2006, 09:38 AM

they installed nets. all is better.

stl_sox_fan
06-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I keep thinking back to how sore Thome said he was after his first start at 1B. I heard he starts stretching out 2+ hours before each game when he's just the DH.
I'd hate to see him injure himself. Cubs shouldn't be much of a match this weekend for the Sox. Now that I've said that, Cubs will turn the season around this weekend:angry:. Hopefully Thome's not needed as a pinch hitter.

slobes
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
With a lefty going today, Konerko will get the start. Then Sunday Zambrano's pitching, and Konerko's something like 6-14 lifetime against him, so he's supposed to get the start then too. Only one start for Thome.

chisoxwschamps05
06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I keep thinking back to how sore Thome said he was after his first start at 1B. I heard he starts stretching out 2+ hours before each game when he's just the DH.
I'd hate to see him injure himself. Cubs shouldn't be much of a match this weekend for the Sox. Now that I've said that, Cubs will turn the season around this weekend:angry:. Hopefully Thome's not needed as a pinch hitter.

I agree. I wouldn't try to put Thome at 1B more then you have to just to prevent injury. He's too important to our team to risk it.

Edward
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
CSN just interviewed Ozzie at Wrigley and Thome will play only tomorrow. He said he can't give Jim that much time off so he stays in a groove.

nug0hs
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
they installed nets. all is better.

:rolling::rolling:

chisoxwschamps05
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Also, the only way to play Thome twice without sitting Paulie 2 games in a row would be to start Thome today and Jim doesn't hit lefties well.

bigsqwert
06-30-2006, 01:18 PM
CSN just interviewed Ozzie at Wrigley and Thome will play only tomorrow. He said he can't give Jim that much time off so he stays in a groove.Makes sense to me. With the wind blowing out we should be more than fine without him.