PDA

View Full Version : Who sang Take me out to the Ballgame Thursday at the Urinal?

Fenway
06-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I was scanning thru XM this afternoon and I heard the person singing but never got his name. The reason I'm curious is he sang

"Root Root Root for the Blue Jays and you can root for the Cubs"

classic

getonbckthr
06-29-2006, 09:16 PM
It was Bob Eucker and he said root root root for the Brewers not Blue Jays

rightsox
06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately, we couldn't really hear him out in the bleachers. Also unfortunate was the fact that I was in the bleachers. :(:

Actually, it wasn't that bad once I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't actually at a baseball game, but more of a sports-themed singles bar full of the type of people that I go out of my way to find bars to avoid. There were certainly some wicked hot women wearing very little clothing, and that's never that bad.

I did get asked where Corey Patterson was, and a bunch of people around us left in the 8th inning when the cubs were only down by ONE run. Some of the fans were shouting some really nasty things about Corey Hart's sister/mother after he came into the game, but I suppose you get that in most places.

There were a bunch of people wearing "SOX SUCK" shirts, which I thought was more sad than anything this year. Nobody gave me crap about my hat, though

MadetoOrta
06-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Seriously, why would these morons wear SOX SUCK shirts? They won the WS and have the 2d best record in baseball. Of course, I can't even imagine how painful it would be if the shoe were on the other foot.

Fenway
06-30-2006, 07:20 PM
It was Bob Eucker and he said root root root for the Brewers not Blue Jays

That certainly makes more sense ( it did sound like Blue Jays tho )