PDA

View Full Version : Sign Help - MIL vs. CHC

Sarah
06-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Here's one that I hope I can get some help on...

So, my friend Sam (another girl) and I are going to next Thursday's Brewers-Other Chicago Team's game. In the interest of full disclosure, she is a Northside fan, while I am a 4th Generation Southside fan, who happens to find herself in Wisconsin (the Illinois State Park) right now (I grew up here in the Dairyland, but you don't give up those Chicago allegiances very easily - anyone who lived through the Bears-Packers rivalray in the 1990s as a Bears fan in Wisconsin really deserves some sort of plaque - we know who we are)...Anyway...

Now, while I hate taking a fan of that team to a baseball game, my friend and I are going to a game next Thursday between the other Chicago team and the Brew Crew, and we have absolutely fantastic seats bought recently, only a bit behind home plate (I think this has something to do with a 29-48 record for the visiting team - give Dusty that extension, I beg of you, Jim Hendry, as a Sox fan whose second greatest pleasure in life (after a Sox win) is a Cub's loss). Our seats make this situation a bit more fun, as does the Brewers' attitude (http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525582&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil) toward this series (only a few games from first place!)...

My question for Sox fans is (along the lines of A.J.'s challenge to Sox fans at the Urinal is this weekend): any great signs you want me to bring? I have a few ideas of my own, but I would appreciate some anti-Cubs sentiment that I could help bring to fruition. I have some ideas myself, but if you need a Cubs fan to aid in your sentiment, my friend is a good sport, and anything that gets us (as a pair) some attention will be greatly appreciated (so long as it could never, ever, ever be construed as pro-that other team).

Thanks for your help!

-Sarah-

buehrle4cy05
06-29-2006, 12:09 AM
(I think this has something to do with a 29-48 record for the visiting team - give Dusty that extension, I beg of you, Jim Hendry, as a Sox fan whose second greatest pleasure in life (after a Sox win) is a Cub's loss).

No offense, but you would rather see the Cubs lose than the Tigers? Red Sox? Twins? Yankees? I sure hope not.

Chisox003
06-29-2006, 12:11 AM
No offense, but you would rather see the Cubs lose than the Tigers? Red Sox? Twins? Yankees? I sure hope not.
*shudders*

:thud:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-29-2006, 12:35 AM
My question for Sox fans is (along the lines of A.J.'s challenge to Sox fans at the Urinal is this weekend): any great signs you want me to bring? I have a few ideas of my own, but I would appreciate some anti-Cubs sentiment that I could help bring to fruition. -Sarah-

Last week a Cubs fan with similar seats brought a sign and flashed it before each pitch - Fire Dusty.

My sign would be the complete opposite - "Give Dusty An Extension!!!", Signed 4th Generation Sox fan.

ilsox7
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Last week a Cubs fan with similar seats brought a sign and flashed it before each pitch - Fire Dusty.

My sign would be the complete opposite - "Give Dusty An Extension!!!", Signed 4th Generation Sox fan.

At the Saturday Sox-Cubs game in May, when Dusty came out to change pitchers, my friend (Cubs fan) started yelling to fire him. I started chanting, "4 More Years! 4 More Years!" Something like that may work.

getonbckthr
06-29-2006, 01:48 AM
At the Saturday Sox-Cubs game in May, when Dusty came out to change pitchers, my friend (Cubs fan) started yelling to fire him. I started chanting, "4 More Years! 4 More Years!" Something like that may work.
I like this idea, Sarah wear your Sox clothing with a sign of Please Dusty 4 more years. If your friend is wearing Cub clothes i'm sure you'll get on TV while they promote this weekends series.

Tokes
06-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Bring Back Sammy...

It Couldn't Hurt!!!!

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM

4 more years!! LOL I like that one. :tongue:

jenn2080
06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's one that I hope I can get some help on...

So, my friend Sam (another girl) and I are going to next Thursday's Brewers-Other Chicago Team's game. In the interest of full disclosure, she is a Northside fan, while I am a 4th Generation Southside fan, who happens to find herself in Wisconsin (the Illinois State Park) right now (I grew up here in the Dairyland, but you don't give up those Chicago allegiances very easily - anyone who lived through the Bears-Packers rivalray in the 1990s as a Bears fan in Wisconsin really deserves some sort of plaque - we know who we are)...Anyway...

Now, while I hate taking a fan of that team to a baseball game, my friend and I are going to a game next Thursday between the other Chicago team and the Brew Crew, and we have absolutely fantastic seats bought recently, only a bit behind home plate (I think this has something to do with a 29-48 record for the visiting team - give Dusty that extension, I beg of you, Jim Hendry, as a Sox fan whose second greatest pleasure in life (after a Sox win) is a Cub's loss). Our seats make this situation a bit more fun, as does the Brewers' attitude (http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525582&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil) toward this series (only a few games from first place!)...

My question for Sox fans is (along the lines of A.J.'s challenge to Sox fans at the Urinal is this weekend): any great signs you want me to bring? I have a few ideas of my own, but I would appreciate some anti-Cubs sentiment that I could help bring to fruition. I have some ideas myself, but if you need a Cubs fan to aid in your sentiment, my friend is a good sport, and anything that gets us (as a pair) some attention will be greatly appreciated (so long as it could never, ever, ever be construed as pro-that other team).

Thanks for your help!

-Sarah-

I am going to the game on the 8th. I personally would not even waste the time or the money on a sign. Just go and enjoy watching the Cubs lose No need to go out in your Sox gear and make signs. They have sucked enough this year. Thats pleasure enough. They are getting what they deserve and so are the fans.