greygoose
06-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Maybe there was some "smoke" up in their "high" broadcast booth

SpartanSoxFan
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Ummm.....riggggght. :rolleyes:

Droso5
06-28-2006, 11:55 PM
For some reason, I'm laughing hysterically at this thread.

greygoose
06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
DJ has been saying a lot lately:

"Smoked 'em!"

IlliniSox4Life
06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Smoke? Nah, they were clearly rollin on X. Hawk threw on the ol disco ball and had some glow sticks going. DJ put on some techno. Hawk started calling him DJ DJ and they couldn't stop laughing.

fusillirob1983
06-29-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm wondering if Hawk will ever stop saying "suck 'em up Joe"

jongarlandlover
06-29-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm wondering if Hawk will ever stop saying "suck 'em up Joe"

i certainly hope so. it's annoying me.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-29-2006, 12:46 AM
I am almost certain I heard them "man-hugging" after Thome's home run last week against the Cards. Hawk said "Gimme some love", and over the roar of the crowd you can distinctly hear the customary back-slapping of a typical man-hug.

CaptainBallz
06-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I am almost certain I heard them "man-hugging" after Thome's home run last week against the Cards. Hawk said "Gimme some love", and over the roar of the crowd you can distinctly hear the customary back-slapping of a typical man-hug.

Hawk did say DJ was "utterly amazing", or something to that effect, after DJ called the Uribe triple earlier tonight.... :unsure:

Y'know what...I'll stick with the cheeched out broadcast booth idea instead. :smokin:

getonbckthr
06-29-2006, 01:40 AM
There was 1 exchange where Hawk said something to the effect, "Any player 35 and older you probably played against!" DJ tried interupting not liking Hawk discussing his age. However DJ had a nice return of, "But ain't it true that any player 10 toes up (dead) played with you?" To which Hawk gave a nice little chuckle. The chuckle basically said "Nice return you little bastard, I will get you back."

Mercy!
06-29-2006, 01:59 AM
I am almost certain I heard them "man-hugging" after Thome's home run last week against the Cards. Hawk said "Gimme some love", and over the roar of the crowd you can distinctly hear the customary back-slapping of a typical man-hug. Yeah. That home run was such an exciting moment and Hawk and DJ's reactions seemed so real and unforced. I replayed the thing a couple of times just to catch everything they were saying. It sounded to me like they were high-fiving each other.

However, "suck 'em up, Joe" has got to go. Maybe an email campaign is in order.

I've never heard a satisfactory explanation of what "strap it down" really means - and if that is something that only male fans can do.:wink:

Steelrod
06-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Yeah. That home run was such an exciting moment and Hawk and DJ's reactions seemed so real and unforced. I replayed the thing a couple of times just to catch everything they were saying. It sounded to me like they were high-fiving each other.

I've never heard a satisfactory explanation of what "strap it down" really means - and if that is something that only male fans can do.:wink:
You can throw stretch in there for me. It's an instant out!

QCIASOXFAN
06-29-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm wondering if Hawk will ever stop saying "suck 'em up Joe" Your preaching to the choir!

Tokes
06-29-2006, 08:41 AM
yeah, i think they are just lovin the awesome season and the great hitting that the sox are doing. What's with Hawk sometimes? Sometimes he is gone for an inning and comes back without even saying where he'd gone or that he had returned. He just comes back right into the commentary. Weird.

MsSoxVixen22
06-29-2006, 09:08 AM
yeah, i think they are just lovin the awesome season and the great hitting that the sox are doing. What's with Hawk sometimes? Sometimes he is gone for an inning and comes back without even saying where he'd gone or that he had returned. He just comes back right into the commentary. Weird.

Must be all the Diet Pepsi he drinks!

rdwj
06-29-2006, 09:26 AM

I'm as big of a Hawk fan as anyone, but I agree - "suck 'em up, Joe" isn't great.

Dan H
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
You can throw stretch in there for me. It's an instant out!

I don't know why he has started with this stretch stuff. At first when I heard him say it, I thought that meant the ball was going out, not being caught in the middle of the warning track. He may be having some vision problems. Regardless, Harrelson needs to get rid of "stretch." Just call the game.

Lyle Mouton
06-29-2006, 11:41 AM

anybody remember when dj asked something to this effect, and hawk gave his explanation...only to have dj say "as long as you're not strapping it on"

which was followed by silence

Mercy!
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM
...What's with Hawk sometimes? Sometimes he is gone for an inning and comes back without even saying where he'd gone or that he had returned. He just comes back right into the commentary. Weird. :hawk

DJ, some of our listeners want me to let them know
every time I need to go Number One. What do you think?

:DJ:

TMI, partner

Tigerslover
06-29-2006, 04:28 PM
One thing that sorta irks me on WGN broadcasts, is that whenever they show the out of town scores, you notice how quiet it gets as the scores flash by? I always find that odd.

buehrle4cy05
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I think Hawk is beginning to phase out "Stretch!" with "Get long! Get longer!" And today, when Crede hit that rocket out, he said, "Dadgumit!"

I can't wait to see how Carl Skanberg plays around with these. I love it when he throws in a little quip from Hawk (the parrot), like "right size, wrong shape" or "I luv that duck!"

greygoose
06-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Hawk: I was walking around Pittsburgh

DJ: You left your room?!

EastCoastSoxFan
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Hawk did say DJ was "utterly amazing", or something to that effect, after DJ called the Uribe triple earlier tonight.... :unsure:I was sitting behind the plate at that game, and as Uribe was coming up to bat the Sox fan sitting next to me wondered out loud if Uribe would hit a grand slam. As God is my witness, my exact reply was, "Hey, if he can hit that Heinz sign (on the right-center field wall) and clear the bases, I'll be happy."
Well, he didn't quite hit the sign, but the ball rolled to a stop right underneath it, the bases did get cleared, and the entire multitude of Sox fans in our section happily exchanged high-fives...