PDA

View Full Version : So long Agustin Montero...

gf2020
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
As per Mark Gonzales' game notes at chicagosports.com, Montero is being sent down and (Chips be damned) Cliff Politte will be on the 25 once again come Thursday.

Agustin looked a lot better his last few appearances, but here's hoping we don't have to see him again until September 1st.

itsnotrequired
06-28-2006, 10:02 PM
As per Mark Gonzales' game notes at chicagosports.com, Montero is being sent down and (Chips be damned) Cliff Politte will be on the 25 once again come Thursday.

Agustin looked a lot better his last few appearances, but here's hoping we don't have to see him again until September 1st.

He looked great tonight.

Here's to hoping Cliff has it back together.:gulp:

Jjav829
06-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Let's hope the good Cliff is back, not the bad one. :gulp:

Soxfanspcu11
06-28-2006, 10:06 PM
This is kind of disapointing, because Montero has been pitching VERY well lately, especially tonight.

But, if Cliff comes back and is Cliff of '05, then we will see you Sept 1, Agustin!!! Good Luck!

eurotrash35
06-28-2006, 10:20 PM
gascan cliff is coming back. yay. :?:

Brian26
06-28-2006, 10:21 PM
This is kind of disapointing, because Montero has been pitching VERY well lately, especially tonight.

Consider the talent he's been facing though. Down the stretch, in tight situations against superior AL powerhouses, I don't mind having a healthy Politte out there due to the experience factor.

slobes
06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Nothing Montero can do about this, he's pitched well as of late. My guess is we'll see him up here again.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Maybe I missed something, but the last two appearances I can remember for Montero (before tonight - and he did look good despite my screaming "No no no no!" upon seeing him on the mound) were him getting smacked around at the end of the first Cardinals blowout and then allowing both inherited runners to score against the Astros on Sunday (which proved huge in the end). How does that equate to "pitching VERY well lately"? He's no Jon Adkins or Felix Diaz, but I won't miss him.

Unless Cliff stills sucks, of course.

Andy T Clown
06-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Last time I checked, Cliff had a World Series Ring.

Soxfanspcu11
06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Maybe I missed something, but the last two appearances I can remember for Montero (before tonight - and he did look good despite my screaming "No no no no!" upon seeing him on the mound) were him getting smacked around at the end of the first Cardinals blowout and then allowing both inherited runners to score against the Astros on Sunday (which proved huge in the end). How does that equate to "pitching VERY well lately"? He's no Jon Adkins or Felix Diaz, but I won't miss him.

I dont count that St Louis game because of the score, and the Houston game, yeah he didn't look good there.

I honestly don't have any "facts" to back up my claim, but I seem to have liked what I have seen from him lately. Granted the competition sucks, but he seems to have turned the corner.

If the option for his replacement is the Polite that gives up 2 homeruns an inning, then I would rather he stay. But like I said, if he is the Polite of '05, see ya in September Aguston!

kevingrt
06-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I could be wrong but I think we will see Montero again in a White Sox uni before this season is over. If you look at his past couple appearances minus the Cardinals rout where there was no real motivation to pitch he has looked very good. I mean you put him in the bullpen in April and he is one of our best relievers. Now that KW got help with Riske though, we can bring up Politte and see if he is ready for the majors. If not bring up Montero and go shopping again.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't count that St. Louis game because of the score...
I know that game was securely in the win column at that point, but I was just frustrated at his apparent inability to get anybody out. I was SO ready for that massacre to be over with. I was also concerned that the Cards' confidence from scoring four runs in one inning (albeit a meaningless one at that point) would carry over to the next game. In hindsight, I needn't have worried, but I was pissed at the time.

TornLabrum
06-29-2006, 12:00 AM
I know that game was securely in the win column at that point, but I was just frustrated at his apparent inability to get anybody out. I was SO ready for that massacre to be over with. I was also concerned that the Cards' confidence from scoring four runs in one inning (albeit a meaningless one at that point) would carry over to the next game. In hindsight, I needn't have worried, but I was pissed at the time.

The thing that bugged me about that outing was that he had four consecutive 1-2 counts and gave up four consecutive singles.

Thome25
06-29-2006, 08:03 AM

Yeah, a world series ring is gonna help him get people out.

Hitmen77
06-29-2006, 08:03 AM

Yeah, I don't get it all this "he's been much better lately" talk either. He struggled in that laugher against the Cards and then he allowed 2 inherited runners to score against the Astros - which was the difference in the game.

I don't think he's the answer for a team that's in a tight pennant race. I hope Politte can contribute. If not, I say give Tracey a shot and work the phones to swing another deal for a serviceable reliever.

SOXfnNlansing
06-29-2006, 08:08 AM
He did a great job for us. He'll be back.

Tragg
06-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Montero is a promising young pitcher. He'll be back this year and/or next
You've got to put up with the ups and downs of young players if you are going to be players for a period of time. He's as good as most middle relievers right now anyway.
A politte back to 2005 form would be really, really nice.

rdwj
06-29-2006, 08:20 AM
I, for one, am glad to see Politte back. Montero has pitched better lately, but honestly - who did he face? If (and it's a big if at this point) Politte can return to form, he's a MUCH better option.

McCuddy
06-29-2006, 08:48 AM

So does Damaso Marte, and that didn't help him last night.

Chips
06-29-2006, 09:22 AM
So does Damaso Marte, and that didn't help him last night.
And so does ****ing Timo.

**** Cliff Politte. **** Montero too, and his steroids.