PDA

View Full Version : Come ready to play ad

Jerry_Manuel
02-10-2002, 12:32 PM
whitesox.com has it up on their site.

Hopefully this link works:

Come ready to play (http://play.rbn.com/?url=mlb/open/g2demand/whitesox2002/whitesox_st_outlook.rm&proto=rtsp)

Daver
02-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah the linked worked,and that ad is still awful.

Jerry_Manuel
02-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yeah the linked worked,and that ad is still awful.

Good news.

Yes, it's brutal.

kingpin_rcs
02-10-2002, 01:13 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here but I like the ad.

WinningUgly!
02-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
I guess I'm in the minority here but I like the ad.

There's not much to it, is there? It's almost like a bad prowrestling "shoot" where a guy gets on the mic to hype his match & says a bunch of meaningless stuff that you already know & could care less about. Bru-tal!

irish rover
02-11-2002, 08:22 AM
I don't have real player because I'm at work, but are the ads in b&w

they should keep it simple "Its White Sox Baseball"

Cheryl
02-11-2002, 09:06 AM
I still like "Shut up and Play" as a slogan.

Procol Harum
02-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Kudos to the Moderator-meisters for their mockery of the ad with today's (Monday, 2/11) Sox-O-Gram.

PANFIRECRACKER
02-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl

I'll second that. Fire Rob Gallas.

Nellsin
02-11-2002, 02:15 PM
The season ticket info came over the weekend and the glossy brochure has the same stuff. The Soxogram today says it all. What a horrible ad campaign -- maybe they'll dump this year's even earlier in the season than they did last year, setting a new record.

FarmerAndy
02-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Does anybody remember the ads they had on TV that were a parody of the Subway ads? These people lost weight by watching White Sox baseball. They even wrote White Sox to look like the Subway logo. They were pretty funny, but they didn't run for very long. I didn't know if maybe Subway put a stop to it or not, but I can't imagine that the Sox would have run the ads without Subway's permission in the first place.

"Come ready to Play" really sucks, but it's better than "It's Time". Do we really need a slogan anyway? Just play baseball already.

AsInWreck
02-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

"Come ready to Play" really sucks, but it's better than "It's Time". Do we really need a slogan anyway? Just play baseball already.

Yeah, just win 99 games this year and you can have
ads consisting of cheese growing on turds for all I care.

duke of dorwood
02-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Dont the Wolves use the "A" game in their promo too? Gallas is definately burned out, uncreative and, if this is from an Advertising agency, they should not receive commission. This is DOA and funnier each time I hear it

Jerry_Manuel
02-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Dont the Wolves use the "A" game in their promo too? Gallas is definately burned out, uncreative and, if this is from an Advertising agency, they should not receive commission. This is DOA and funnier each time I hear it

Yep, the Wolves use that. However, I think it's more so because it's their first season in the AHL as opposed to the IHL. Gallas is not burned out, he hasn't had a good idea in years.

Ya think "It's Time" for a new Advertising agency?

GASHWOUND
02-11-2002, 08:24 PM

As do I. When I first heard the ad on the Score I nearly vomited and was thinking your sentiment, but with a few "choice" words in the middle.

Daver
02-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

As do I. When I first heard the ad on the Score I nearly vomited and was thinking your sentiment, but with a few "choice" words in the middle.

I like the Shut up and play one myself.

I wonder why.

sox_fan_forever
02-11-2002, 10:24 PM

LOL, I like that too!

sox_fan_forever
02-11-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Does anybody remember the ads they had on TV that were a parody of the Subway ads? These people lost weight by watching White Sox baseball. They even wrote White Sox to look like the Subway logo. They were pretty funny, but they didn't run for very long. I didn't know if maybe Subway put a stop to it or not, but I can't imagine that the Sox would have run the ads without Subway's permission in the first place.

I remember those too and you are right, they only showed them a few times. I only got to see it once or twice but I really liked that one.

CubKilla
02-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Never saw the Subway-style ads. Did those run in 2001?