PDA

View Full Version : Murph done talking about the Cubs?

Uncle_Patrick
06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
That's what he claims. Having learned that the Cubs often can't work out on the field prior to home games because the organization often rents out Wrigley for clinics, Murph has declared that if the Cubs can't put in the effort to get better, he can't be bothered to talk about them anymore.

I doubt his "boycott" will last, but its still funny to me.

Tokes
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm blaming the Cubs bad seasons on too many day games. Can't think of anything else to blame it on.

Dick Allen
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
To answer your question, never. His show is one instance where the Score's usual overload of commercials is a blessing.

TheDarkGundam
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm blaming the Cubs bad seasons on too many day games. Can't think of anything else to blame it on.
The curse.:rolleyes:

LuvSox
06-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Santo. When all else fails, blame Santo.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-28-2006, 12:39 PM
To answer your question, never. His show is one instance where the Score's usual overload of commercials is a blessing.

The amount of commercials on their morning show is stagering. I usually flip around when a commercial hits but the other day I kept it on and timed it. 12 minutes of commercial and then when they finally went back to the studio they did a few spots right then. Garbage

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
The curse.:rolleyes:

Might as well. Belushi brought it up on that stupid Hot Seat BS on ESPN and said something along the lines of "I'm glad the Sox were able to break the old curse". BLAH.

There's a better chance that Ozzie and Mariotti will be drinking buddies before Smurph stops talking about the Cubs.

MrX
06-28-2006, 12:45 PM
He sounded like he was going to have a breakdown on the air.

SOXPHILE
06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Righhhhhhhhhht...I'm sure this will last until at least tomorrow. What's he going to talk about then ?

http://www.670thescore.com/albums/album84/DSC01299.sized.jpg (http://www.670thescore.com/gallery/album84/DSC01299?full=1)
"Hey, I know the White Sox just won their second consecutive World Series last night, and maybe we'll get to that in the next hour. In the meantime, what do you think of that Aramis Ramirez bunt attempt from that game back on July 8th ? I mean, don't you think he should have tried harder ? What is wrong with you Dusty Baker and Jim Hendry ? Call in ! I wanna hear from both Cubs AND Sox fans on this topic. I'll be back after this commercial break with my VERY special guest, the legendary Mike Vail, and his thoughts on the Cubbies chances next year. Stay tuned !!

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Having learned that the Cubs often can't work out on the field prior to home games because the organization often rents out Wrigley for clinics.
Say what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are the finances at the Tribune that tight????? If this it true, it shows just how non-commital to winning the Tribune is to winning and they deserve to lose all, I mean each and every one, of their fans.
:dollarbill:
Dumpjerry, what do you know about running successful sports teams? This is why you'll never be a successful owner. Now, we not only have pre-game time, but all that wasted time between periods at Blackhawk games......................

VenturaSoxFan23
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Santo. When all else fails, blame Santo.

If you listen to the radio feed, Santo knows it all.

Well, what's Murph gonna talk about now? The Bears? Sure as hell won't be the Sox, because every Sox topic gets turned into a pro-Cub forum.

Edit: Tool of the Week goes to me, for wasting by 500th post on a Cub topic and its spawn.

Dan Mega
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
So what will he talk about then? Nothing?

Mike North will still talk about the Cubs on his Sox show.

Uncle_Patrick
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Say what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are the finances at the Tribune that tight????? If this it true, it shows just how non-commital to winning the Tribune is to winning and they deserve to lose all, I mean each and every one, of their fans.

The Tribune just wants to squeeze every penny out of the Cubs and Wrigley as they can. It was funny, I thought Murph was gonna cry.

Erik The Red
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Well, what's Murph gonna talk about now? The Bears? Sure as hell won't be the Sox, because every Sox topic gets turned into a pro-Cub forum.
Not true. Yesterday, they had a statistician on there for at least 2 full segments talking about the Sox, with nary a word uttered about the AAA team on the north side of town.

stacksedwards
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Once the cubs win a game you know he will be taking calls from Bill in Libertyville talking about once wood comes back and wade miller get healthy we could still win this thing the cardinals are struggling and if it rains three out of five days and we bat only when the sun is down during days that start with T we can win.

give me a break murphy will talk about the cubs even if the sox are in the series the bears are 8-0 and the bulls trade for dirk, lebron, and kobe.
he should try and work at wgn.

MrX
06-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Well it lasted about about 20 minutes

AuroraSoxFan
06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
That's what he claims. Having learned that the Cubs often can't work out on the field prior to home games because the organization often rents out Wrigley for clinics, Murph has declared that if the Cubs can't put in the effort to get better, he can't be bothered to talk about them anymore.

I doubt his "boycott" will last, but its still funny to me.

I hope he quits talking about the Cubs. Hell, I hope he quits talking period. About anything. I say he's best off doing a radio show from 2-3 am on an AM radio station located in North Dakota someplace. You know what they say, change is good.

MarySwiss
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I hope he quits talking about the Cubs. Hell, I hope he quits talking period. About anything. I say he's best off doing a radio show from 2-3 am on an AM radio station located in North Dakota someplace. You know what they say, change is good.

What did the people in North Dakota ever do to you? :redneck

Dick Allen
06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Well, from 1:00-1:30, it was all Cub talk. And it may have lasted longer, but I shut it off. So much for his "boycott".

Edward
06-28-2006, 03:25 PM

Even then you still have to listen to him talking about putting Giardinere on his shoes.

Nevermind, thats North.

Uncle_Patrick
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I forgot to mention that Cubs coaches work at these clinics instead of practicing with the team. That's what really infuriated Murph.

miker
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, from 1:00-1:30, it was all Cub talk. And it may have lasted longer, but I shut it off. So much for his "boycott".
Too bad. The dead air would have been much easier to listen to then Murph.

miker
06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Even then you still have to listen to him talking about putting Giardinere on his shoes.

Nevermind, thats North.
I'm waiting for true "Score synergy" when there is a spot where Mike North is putting Giardinere on a Polekatz dancer...

Wsoxmike59
07-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I forgot to mention that Cubs coaches work at these clinics instead of practicing with the team. That's what really infuriated Murph.

Well they gotta work with the Bleacher fans on their technique throwing balls back at Jacques Jones and their trash on to the field. :D:

You don't want any of the drunken frat boys or Trixies hurting their rotator cuffs now do you??