PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck restrictions?

hula
06-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Did I hear right - if you have tickets in the upper deck they won't let you wonder around in the lower area??? Please say it isn't so!

oeo
06-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Did I hear right - if you have tickets in the upper deck they won't let you wonder around in the lower area??? Please say it isn't so!
Yes, it is so. It's been that way for the last couple of years. Unless you have season tickets, you have to stay up there.

DumpJerry
It's so.

soxfanaticpaulie
Unless you have full or split season tickets, you cannot go to the lower deck without lower deck seats.

hula
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Well that stinks!

hula
06-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Can you tell me about the club level? What do the tickets get you?

Mr.1Dog
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Club level gain you access to the 300 level which I think are great. There are different foods that you can not get on the 100 or 500, different kinds of beer and liquor, and there are couches and HD tvs. It's really sweet up there.:cool:

hula
06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
So do you have to pay an extra price beyond your ticket price to gain access to the food stands there or does it work the same as any other concessions stand (per food item prices)?

Tokes
06-28-2006, 10:31 AM
thank the people who decided to jump on the field for that one.

Mr.1Dog
06-28-2006, 10:34 AM
So do you have to pay an extra price beyond your ticket price to gain access to the food stands there or does it work the same as any other concessions stand (per food item prices)?

If you purchase the ticket for the 300 level, you have access to all the stands and everything that comes with it, including the air conditioning on a really hot day.

Rocky Soprano
06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Well that stinks!

It sure does. Why in the world should you sit in the area in which you paid for?

Gavin
06-28-2006, 10:47 AM
It sure does. Why in the world should you sit in the area in which you paid for?

Because lots of people sit in the concourse...

Garland_IS_God
06-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Theres ways around it. I purchase Upper Deck tix all the time and always end up on the Fan Deck. You just gotta walk with a purpose when you go past security or guest services thats at the entrance ramp. Most of the time they never inspect the ticket.

skottyj242
06-28-2006, 10:59 AM

It's been this way for a couple of years.

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
IIRC, the 300 level sold out before the season started. The food service at your seats on 300 is about 50 cents more than the concession stands (they have wait service at your seat on 300) and there are menu choices which are not available at the concession stands.

Anyone with a ticket for 100, 200, 300, or 400 levels can go on the 100 level. It's only the 500 level tickets that are restricted. You could try to ask for standing room only tickets, those get you on 100.

Some people claim to have "secret" methods of sneaking onto 100, but since Sox management checks out this site regularly, it is not wise to post those secrets here (:tsk: , Garland_IS_God). PMing is the better method of communication.

hula
06-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks so much for all your responses. One last question, if club level gets you to automatically have access to their concessions up there why is Stubhub selling Stadium Club Passes-that Must be accompanied by a game ticket? Don't want to sound dumb, but I just don't understand all the particulars and the lingo.

SoxFan78
06-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks so much for all your responses. One last question, if club level gets you to automatically have access to their concessions up there why is Stubhub selling Stadium Club Passes-that Must be accompanied by a game ticket? Don't want to sound dumb, but I just don't understand all the particulars and the lingo.

The Staduim Club is different then the Club seats. Stadium Club is the resturant located by the RF foul pole. You need another pass to get into that part.

Club seats are just seats.

Jerko
06-28-2006, 11:37 AM

As Soxfan78 said, Stadium Club and Club Level are 2 different things. You need a member pass to get into the stadium club, whereas the club level is just a fancy name for 300 level. Stubhub sells SC passes to people who have tickets for a certain game but no SC pass for that certain game. So, to get into the Stadium Club, you need a game ticket, AND a pass, but to get to club level SEATS, you need only a club level ticket.

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 11:38 AM
The Stadium Club is a separate issue. While it, in part, occupies the 300 Level, it is not part of it. It is like a private club which requires a membership for access. Membership this year was $1,000 for the season. The $1,000 does not cover your food and drink bill.

AJTrenkle
06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Sox management checks this site regularly? I don't know if that is good or bad but it would definetely be a fun job.

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Sox management checks this site regularly? I don't know if that is good or bad but it would definetely be a fun job.
It's no secret. They lurk here without registering. This is one way the Management stays on top of what the customers have to say about the White Sox experience, espcially when it comes to stadium/customer service operations. I doubt they pay close attention to player personnel comments posted here since they have much more information than we do (medical reports, scouting reports, etc.). I have yet to see Kenny say "we traded Damaso Marte because he was getting ripped every day on WSI." or "I'm working on the return of Aaron Rowand because they are very upset at WSI."

LuvSox
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
The Stadium Club is a separate issue. While it, in part, occupies the 300 Level, it is not part of it. It is like a private club which requires a membership for access. Membership this year was $1,000 for the season. The $1,000 does not cover your food and drink bill.

Do you have membership? I always thought it was overrated

rdwj
06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Some people claim to have "secret" methods of sneaking onto 100, but since Sox management checks out this site regularly, it is not wise to post those secrets here (:tsk: , Garland_IS_God). PMing is the better method of communication.

Walking with purpose is hardly a secret. That's something that works in almost any situation. If you act like you're supposed to be there, most people are going to assume it's true.

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Do you have membership? I always thought it was overrated
Nope. If I had an expense account where I could write off for entertaining clients I would consider it. Also, I like the pre-game experience of the park and you don't get that behind the glass of the Stadium Club.

ThirdBaseman
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Is there any way to see the trophy in the glass case that I'm assuming is on the 100 level for those who have 500 level seats?

Also, where is the Grandstand souvenir shop? I didn't get to go there my last trip to the park, but want to go on July 4th.

salty99
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Grandstand is at 35th and Wallace. THe trophy moves between the upper and lower levels.

Tokes
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh, my friend just had some upper deck tickets and anuck down through the fundmentals area..don't knwo how. guess there was no one checking tickets on the club level and you can get down through there.

itsnotrequired
06-28-2006, 02:52 PM

Like that's some sort of "secret". The system is only as good as its weakest link aka the people checking tickets. If they feel like mailing it in, what can the Sox do?

I personally hope they step it up because if something stupid happens as a result of some upper-decker acting the fool in the lower level, then the Sox may ban everyone from the 500-level downstairs, even season ticket holders. That would bite the big one.

jongarlandlover
06-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, my friend just had some upper deck tickets and anuck down through the fundmentals area..don't knwo how. guess there was no one checking tickets on the club level and you can get down through there.

i did that with my friend. we were just walking down the steps and we started going down and the security guard was like, "are your seats down there?" and we're like "yes." so he was just like "go ahead." :tongue:

Jerko
06-29-2006, 01:21 PM
i did that with my friend. we were just walking down the steps and we started going down and the security guard was like, "are your seats down there?" and we're like "yes." so he was just like "go ahead." :tongue:

Good, now I know another thing to say when I email the Sox about too many people sneaking into the lower deck. Anybody else want to share THEIR "secrets" here?