PDA

View Full Version : Will Tracey get another chance with the big club?

whitesoxfan1986
06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Will he? it seems like Ozzie was pretty upset with him about not throwing at Blaylock. I think he is a much better option in the bullpen than Montero. But on the other hand, I have not seen any sox games since 6/8. I am out of the country right now and only know about this because of the article on this site. Opinions people.

soxfan13
06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Ozzie has already said most definately. Actually pitching quite well sice being sent down. Seems like its not affecting him in a bad way.

slobes
06-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Definitely. I think he pitched a shutout this week. He's pitching great down there in the minors.

Chicken Dinner
06-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Not likely in the near future barring some major bullpen injuries.

oeo
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Will he? it seems like Ozzie was pretty upset with him about not throwing at Blaylock. I think he is a much better option in the bullpen than Montero. But on the other hand, I have not seen any sox games since 6/8. I am out of the country right now and only know about this because of the article on this site. Opinions people.
:hawk:
Where's he going to play?

As long as Politte comes back healthy, there are no roster spots left (Montero has his spot). And then if Hermanson really does come back in July, we're going to lose another spot. So, to answer your question: this year, probably no, unless we have injury problems.

Harry Potter
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Definitely. I think he pitched a shutout this week. He's pitching great down there in the minors.

Was named IL Player of the Week on Monday.
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060626&content_id=98264&vkey=news_t494&fext=.jsp&sid=t494

Hitmen77
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
If Politte doesn't return in a healthy and servicable condition, then hell yes I hope Tracey gets another chance. I'd hate to think that, in a tight pennant race, we'd stick with a struggling Montero just to "punish" Tracey.

This is our chance before the trading deadline to find out if:
- Politte can come back
- If not, can Tracey fill that opening?

If neither Politte nor Tracey are servicable, then hopefully KW can work out another trade.

...and as much as I'd love to see Hermanson back, I'm not counting on it.

Minnie Me
06-28-2006, 10:29 AM

He looked better than Montero, but they both could be trade fodder along with Gload for Kenny Lofton.

palehozenychicty
06-28-2006, 10:32 AM
He looked better than Montero, but they both could be trade fodder along with Gload for Kenny Lofton.

:?: Kenny Lofton? The Dodgers will be contending all year in that division. He's sorry now anyway.

Tokes
06-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I would like to see what he can do. Montero isn't anything special and I think we should give him another chance.

soxfanaticpaulie
06-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Kenny Lofton :?:

I'll take a big pass on that one. :rolleyes:

caulfield12
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Whoever wants Lofton back is on crack, after all the negatives he contributed after he went south in mid-May of 2002.

The interesting question will be who would go if Politte and Hermanson BOTH come back.

What would they do with McCarthy? In reality, I think it would be a miracle if only one of them came back and pitched effectively, I guess it's a nice problem to have.

Chicken Dinner
06-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Whoever wants Lofton back is on crack, after all the negatives he contributed after he went south in mid-May of 2002.

The interesting question will be who would go if Politte and Hermanson BOTH come back.

What would they do with McCarthy? In reality, I think it would be a miracle if only one of them came back and pitched effectively, I guess it's a nice problem to have.

If at all, I wouldn't think Hermy would be back until at least Sept. 1 when the rosters are expanded. That would give us a month to see how he throws and hopefully, start making plans for October.

A. Cavatica
06-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Eventually he will, but I don't think he'll amount to much. He's only one notch better than Jon Adkins. I hope there's a GM somewhere who trades us a Ray Durham-caliber player for him...

StockdaleForVeep
06-28-2006, 03:18 PM

Do you only read what mariotti types?

Lip Man 1
06-28-2006, 03:28 PM
He'll get a September call up to show what he can do.

Lip

MVP
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
He'll become a pretty good reliever eventually, but I think that he'll probably be part of a trade to bring us back a more experienced reliever this year.