PDA

View Full Version : A.J Burnett...he's back.

beckett21
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Link. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=260627114)

Second start back from the DL is a complete game shutout. 92 pitches, 70 strikes.

Ok, it was the Nationals. But still...:redneck

If he stays healthy, the Jays will be even more dangerous than they are already.

tstrike2000
06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Link. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=260627114)

Second start back from the DL is a complete game shutout. 92 pitches, 70 strikes.

Ok, it was the Nationals. But still...:redneck

If he stays healthy, the Jays will be even more dangerous than they are already.

His curve ball would've beat a lot of guys tonight. They were swinging at it and it was ending up in the lefty batter's box. The Jays can challenge for the east if Burnett and their other starters stay healthy.

QCIASOXFAN
06-28-2006, 12:43 AM
And I picked him up off waivers and started him today on my fantasy team.:bandance:

beckett21
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
His curve ball would've beat a lot of guys tonight. They were swinging at it and it was ending up in the lefty batter's box. The Jays can challenge for the east if Burnett and their other starters stay healthy.
I didn't catch the game, wish I would have. Forgot that he was going tonight.

When he's on, he's as nasty as anyone out there.

tstrike2000
06-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I didn't catch the game, wish I would have. Forgot that he was going tonight.

When he's on, he's as nasty as anyone out there.

You've got that right. He's got the potential to do great things if he can stay healthy long enough with that fastball and wicked breaking stuff. I picked him up this spring in my fantasy league and hopefully it will finally pay dividends.

DSpivack
06-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Man, I hope he pitches well from here on out. I'm definitely rooting for the Jays down the stretch. With the way the Sox and Tigers are playing, I would LOVE it if both NY & Boston missed the playoffs. It's a possibility at this point.

spiffie
06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Man, I hope he pitches well from here on out. I'm definitely rooting for the Jays down the stretch. With the way the Sox and Tigers are playing, I would LOVE it if both NY & Boston missed the playoffs. It's a possibility at this point.
The mass suicide that would take place in Bristol, CT would be a wonderful thing.

buehrle4cy05
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
That was an impressive outing. No walks coming from the same guy who once walked 9 in a no-hitter.

FedEx227
06-28-2006, 06:15 PM
If he could ever get his walks under control he would be a top of the line pitcher, right now he's just a good young pitcher with a NASTY deuce.

Shall I start up the Burnett to the White Sox talk ala this offseason?

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
How soon can we get him to start against the Tigers?

sullythered
06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Hope he does well. I would be SOOOO happy if the Jays could overtake the Boston and New York, and have them both miss the postseason. ESPN might not even cover the playoffs if that happens.

Erik The Red
06-29-2006, 02:14 AM
This is vintage Burnett, up and down, up and down... we need only wait a couple weeks for him to start getting shelled again.

Tragg
06-29-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm still looking for a legitimate distinction between Burnett and the oft-lampooned Prior and Wood.