PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notcing the twins.....

Epark84
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
have put it together. Thats a solid team. Ever since they put liriano in the rotation and cut the dead weight in batista (and white almost never plays). Mauer and Morneau are hitting the piss out of the ball and the bullpen has always been lights out. They dug themselves quite a hole, but santana liriano 1-2 is about as good as it gets.

beckett21
06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Fortunately the Sox got a two-month head start on them before they finally figured things out. Kubel's hitting the snot out of the ball also.

Shouldn't Carlos Silva be returning to the rotation soon?

Maybe that should be in deeppink. :D: Seriously, Santana and Liriano in the same rotation just isn't fair. Scary stuff. :o:

LuvSox
06-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh, the Minnesota Twins. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Fortunately the Sox got a two-month head start on them before they finally figured things out. Kubel's hitting the snot out of the ball also.

Shouldn't Carlos Silva be returning to the rotation soon?

Maybe that should be in deeppink. :D: Seriously, Santana and Liriano in the same rotation just isn't fair. Scary stuff. :o:
Silva pitched last night. He was a little rocky early, but got his sinker going late and looked pretty sharp.

Rob190
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
I am actually more worried about the twins than the tigers. They may be right up there at the end.

HotelWhiteSox
06-28-2006, 01:00 AM
They are definately still in it. Damn the AL Central is good. Hopefully this means they can put up better efforts against Detroit than they did earlier in the year. The last games of the season at Minnesota kind of scare me.

DSpivack
06-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I am actually more worried about the twins than the tigers. They may be right up there at the end.

That's ridiculous. Detroit is playing .680 ball while the Twins just got hot playing the NL Central. Minnesota is still like 10 games behind us.

Rob190
06-28-2006, 01:40 AM
That's ridiculous. Detroit is playing .680 ball while the Twins just got hot playing the NL Central. Minnesota is still like 10 games behind us.

Not just the NL, they did just sweep Boston. They are also packing Santana and Liriano, and Mauer is batting like .365

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Not just the NL, they did just sweep Boston. They are also packing Santana and Liriano, and Mauer is batting like .365Mauer went 5 for 5 tonight, and is now hitting .389. Twins fans are no longer complaining about drafting Mauer instead of Prior.

Since becoming a starter, Liriano is 7-1 with a 1.76 ERA.

SOXfnNlansing
06-28-2006, 02:20 AM
the twins would be a 1/2 back of the Cardinals (if they were in the NL). Glad to see the Royals getting some company down there in the cellar. Our division looks strong. Glad to see the twins on the move upward. Their catcher looks to be having a great year too.

areilly
06-28-2006, 03:28 AM
I think the Twins are in a great position to be the best third-place team baseball has seen in quite some time.

DumpJerry
06-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Mauer went 5 for 5 tonight, and is now hitting .389. Twins fans are no longer complaining about drafting Mauer instead of Prior.
Why would they ever complain? IIRC, Mauer made only one significant trip to the DL and that was early in his career. How many NL Central titles has Prior helped the Cubs achieve? How many games has Prior missed vs. how many Mauer missed? Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but given the opportunity knowing what we have known the past 3 years, I would still draft Mauer over Prior without hesitation.

Mauer has a better shot at the All-Star Game during his career and the HOF than Prior (I'm not saying he is a shoe-in for HOF, just he would get more votes).

jenn2080
06-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh yes i ve noticed. They have been playing solid ball. Mauer is on fire. They are still 10 games back though

MadetoOrta
06-28-2006, 08:17 AM
It's way too early to dismiss the Twins or hold a coronation for the Tigers. As much as I like beating up the NL, I'm really looking forward to AL teams playing each other. By the way, the Tribe is done.

MsSoxVixen22
06-28-2006, 08:17 AM

I agree. Everyone's been worried about Detroit and then the Twins sneek up on everyone. I predict after All-Star Break, the Kittens will be declawed.....by us! :tongue:

AuroraSoxFan
06-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Twins have always had some tuff pitching. Their bats have just been erupting vs the weak NL squads. That combined with their pitching has landed them some serious W's. I'll be a little concerned with them if/when they play at that pace vs strong AL squads. If they still win at that pace, sure they're contenders. But until that happens they'll have to be content with 3rd.

infohawk
06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
It's way too early to dismiss the Twins or hold a coronation for the Tigers. As much as I like beating up the NL, I'm really looking forward to AL teams playing each other. By the way, the Tribe is done.
Good points. I will say that, while the Twins have certainly improved, they won't stay this hot all season. They have a few guys who are really, really hot offensively right now and are bound to level off a bit. Santana and Liriano, however, are very much the real deal at the top of the rotation. Never say never, but I don't think they have both the pitching and the offense to make an Indians-like charge toward the top of the division. They have some great pitching, but I'm still not sold on their offense, despite improvement.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2006, 09:10 AM
The bad thing is that the Sox have stiff competition in the AL Central, because they have no margin for error.

The good thing is that the Sox have stiff competition in the AL Central, because it makes them a tougher team that will be more likely to succeed in the postseason.

I guess the Twins won't be trading Torii Hunter after all?

34 Inch Stick
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Has anyone happened to take a look at their record away from home?

This is a team to fear in the future but they are not a contender this year. Still they will be a spoiler at home in this division down the stretch.

buehrle4cy05
06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Has anyone happened to take a look at their record away from home?

This is a team to fear in the future but they are not a contender this year. Still they will be a spoiler at home in this division down the stretch.

Exactly. Any team that has to run into Santana and Liriano in a 3-game series probably won't win that series.

TDog
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
the twins would be a 1/2 back of the Cardinals (if they were in the NL). Glad to see the Royals getting some company down there in the cellar. Our division looks strong. Glad to see the twins on the move upward. Their catcher looks to be having a great year too.

No. The Twins would have a double-digit lead over the Cardinals (as if the Cardinals winning 1 more game than the Sox last year meant anything)because they would be playing an NL Central schedule. The Twins, Tigers and Sox have been beating the crap out of the National League, which may be be making them look better than they are.

The key to the Twins resurgence has been moving Liriano to the rotation. He has a better chance than Verlander of staying strong the rest of the way because he won't have the wear of being in the rotation all year. Certainly the Twins play the Sox tougher than the Tigers do.

We'll see after everyone gets back to playing in their own league after the weekend.

The Indians, a popular favorite to take the division, may be the only non-K.C. team in the Central not to be in the race before it's over.

Lip Man 1
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Despite how well Minnesota has been playing the simple fact is they are facing very, very long odds of BOTH Detroit and the Sox collapsing enough to allow them to get back into it.

One team may....but both teams?

Isn't going to happen.

Lip