PDA

View Full Version : Cubs blow it again

thomas35forever
06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
The Cubs are up 6-5 in the top of the 9th with runners in scoring position and no outs. Dempster overthrows it and the game is tied. Then, Cedeno pulls a Buckner and to make a long story short, the Cubs were down 9-6. This team is just pitiful.

TornLabrum
06-27-2006, 11:16 PM
The Cubs are up 6-5 in the top of the 9th with runners in scoring position and no outs. Dempster overthrows it and the game is tied. Then, Cedeno pulls a Buckner and to make a long story short, the Cubs were down 9-6. This team is just pitiful.

And your point is?

Banix12
06-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I know I'm happy. Milwaukee is my favorite NL team.

32nd&Wallace
06-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey just wait till they get Prior and Lee back!

kittle42
06-27-2006, 11:21 PM
It looks like the moratorium on Flubsession has ended.

Soxfanspcu11
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I come to check out this thread and I see that only 3 members are viewing it. Yet there are 7 "guests". I wonder who those "guests" could be.

I thought douchebag flub fans didn't care about the Sox??? Actually, that should be in teal, because all the flubs fans that I know are obsessed with the Sox and are complete paranoid about Sox fans making fun of them.

What a great time to be alive!:D:

QCIASOXFAN
06-27-2006, 11:24 PM
I was listening to the last 2 innings on XM Radio and I think they had to put a gag in Ron Sato mouth after they came back on Dempster. He didn't sound to pleased after that and didn't really say much either.

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2006, 11:29 PM
after watching the bottom of the 8th, I was hoping that the Brew Crew would rally in the 9th. To no one's suprise, the flubs granted my wish. I don't know why but I really do ENJOY watching them self destruct.

I thought after our WS Championship, that feeling would deminish, but the contrary is the case. I hope they NEVER win **** as long as I live. I just wish Jim Beluschi was in the stands tonight, but I didn't see him.

:supernana:

LuvSox
06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I watched the ninth while waiting for King Of Queens. Man, those Cubbies suck. Fundamentals? Hello?

Hitmen77
06-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I just want the Cubs to lose 3 straight starting on Friday.

Aside from that, they have slid into irrelevance as far as I'm concerned. I had their game on for 10 seconds as I was flipping channels after the Sox game tonight and their announcer was telling some story about how great Cub fans are because Ken Holtzman gets alot of fan mail from Cub fans. Good to see that they're still selling the blue koolaid to the fans.

champagne030
06-27-2006, 11:53 PM
I come to check out this thread and I see that only 3 members are viewing it. Yet there are 7 "guests". I wonder who those "guests" could be.

I thought douchebag flub fans didn't care about the Sox??? Actually, that should be in teal, because all the flubs fans that I know are obsessed with the Sox and are complete paranoid about Sox fans making fun of them.

What a great time to be alive!:D:

The diehard Flub fans, who are in the minority, are calling for a MAJOR (Crusty, Hendry, McFail) shakeup. The Sheep have nothing to root for except a Sox loss and a Woods simulated game/towel throwing contest.

Johnny Mostil
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
The diehard Flub fans, who are in the minority, are calling for a MAJOR (Crusty, Hendry, McFail) shakeup.

Some of the diehards appear to have a sense of humor about it all, as shown at http://www.all-baseball.com/cubreporter/archives/023405.html. Or at least a better sense of humor than I'd have if the Sox sucked that much . . .

HotelWhiteSox
06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Saw a glimpse of the highlights on ESPNEWS. Saw Zambrano rounding the bases after his HR. In a word, HYPOCRITE.

Turnbow is the man. Heard on the Score today that Turnbow was picked up on waivers from the Angels. Imagine giving up both Jenks and Turnbow

WizardsofOzzie
06-28-2006, 12:10 AM
The cubs are kinda like a car crash. You know you shouldn't look but you just can't help it

LuvSox
06-28-2006, 12:11 AM
The cubs are kinda like a car crash. You know you shouldn't look but you just can't help it

But in the long run it just ****s up traffic.

WizardsofOzzie
06-28-2006, 12:21 AM
But in the long run it just ****s up traffic.

exactly because a small % of the people that look end up wrecking themselves :smile:

LuvSox
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
exactly because a small % of the people that look end up wrecking themselves :smile:

And they slow down traffic for the rest of us :D:

Brewski
06-28-2006, 01:20 AM
I just want the Cubs to lose 3 straight starting on Friday.

Aside from that, they have slid into irrelevance as far as I'm concerned. I had their game on for 10 seconds as I was flipping channels after the Sox game tonight and their announcer was telling some story about how great Cub fans are because Ken Holtzman gets alot of fan mail from Cub fans. Good to see that they're still selling the blue koolaid to the fans.

How fitting that Ken, one of the symbols of the great choke of '69, did get to a few World Series with Oakland after he'd been set free. It's almost 40 years later and the love for a bunch of chokers won't stop. (Ah, these fans are the greatest, Ronnie.)

giganticHead
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Len and Bob were being really hard on them Sunday. They must have gotten the muzzle from the cubs.

Monday, they spent a couple innings talking about how many balls are given to the fans and how many pitches are thrown per ball.

My favorite is last night, tho. (obviously) Someone threw their cubs hat in disgust onto the field after all that sucking and they said something about how someone must have "dropped" their hat on the field. He he he

Jose.Contreras
06-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Watching the Cubs lose is and always will be a favorite past time of mine. I don't care when someone chooses to say I am "Flubsessed". It's my perogitive and I choose to hate the Cubs if I want. It's just how I was raised and it's awesome because they are PATHETIC. And I feel it's every Sox fan's god given right to hate the Cubs. If you don't care whether the Cubs win or lose......good for you. But I do. It's part of my makeup.

Anyways, I just wanted to state all of this so it's on record. Now that I have all that off of my chest I must say that I had much pleasure in last night's game. The Cubs sucktitude is actually equal to our fantasticness! They are inventing new ways to loose. They're like the Benajmin Franklin's of losing. They are BRILLIANT at it.

Also, I hate Carlos Zambrano. I hope the Sox throw at his head every time he comes to the plate. What a head-case-loser-psycho-assclown!! Did anyone see him pumping his fists as he sprinted around the bases after his Homer??? AGH! I hate that guy!!:angry: If ANYONE else in baseball were to homer off Zambozo and act like he did......he'd freak out and start yelling at the sky and point his finger violently. God I wish someone would drill him over and over again.

The Immigrant
06-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Watching the Cubs lose is and always will be a favorite past time of mine. I don't care when someone chooses to say I am "Flubsessed". It's my perogitive and I choose to hate the Cubs if I want. It's just how I was raised and it's awesome because they are PATHETIC. And I feel it's every Sox fan's god given right to hate the Cubs. If you don't care whether the Cubs win or lose......good for you. But I do. It's part of my makeup.

Anyways, I just wanted to state all of this so it's on record. Now that I have all that off of my chest I must say that I had much pleasure in last night's game. The Cubs sucktitude is actually equal to our fantasticness! They are inventing new ways to loose. They're like the Benajmin Franklin's of losing. They are BRILLIANT at it.

Also, I hate Carlos Zambrano. I hpe the Sox throw at his head every time he comes to the plate. What a head-cae-loser-psycho-assclown!! Did anyone see him pumping his fists as he sprinted around the bases after his Homer??? AGH! I hate that guy!!:angry: If ANYONE else in baseball were to homer off Zambozo and act like he did......he'd freak out and start yelling at the sky and point ginger violently. God I wish someone would drill him over and over again.

Testify, brother, testify! Don't be shy! There are plenty cub haters here, we've just been driven into hiding by the "obsessed with the flubsessed" crowd.

jenn2080
06-28-2006, 08:59 AM

It was funny last night I was on the phone with my friend and he was by the stadium trying to get home. HE was like Oh no Cubs must have scored I hear the stadium roaring. I turned the game on and sure enough they were up 6-5. Fans think OH **** our home losing streak is over. WRONG....Cuz if they looked over in their so called bullpen they would release they were going to lose as soon as they saw Ryan Dempster warming up.

I proceeded to tell my friend dont worry Dempster is coming and the Cubs will lose by at least 3 runs. Sure enough no sooner did I get the words out of my mouth he over throws a ball to 3rd and a run scores. Once again Dempster gives up a lead and blows the game.

I have watched Dempster successfully blow at least 4 - 5 games this year. Why do they continue to put him as the closer with a 1 run lead when good ole Dusty knows he is going to blow it. And now they are talking about putting in a different closer. Huh...about time. It is almost All-Star break and you just figure this out? They are amazing. That team is a disgrace to the city.

DrCrawdad
06-28-2006, 09:15 AM
After they gave up the lead last night there was clearly some type of disturbance in the crowd as nearly everyone in the cameras view behind homeplate were standing and looking to their right. Kasper the cartoon character mentioned that something was going on, but would not specify, and said that they would not show it on camera.

I'm shocked that neither the Tribune nor the Sun-Times mentioned that a fight was apparently taking place at The Shrine.

jenn2080
06-28-2006, 09:18 AM
After they gave up the lead last night there was clearly some type of disturbance in the crowd as nearly everyone in the cameras view behind homeplate were standing and looking to their right. Kasper the cartoon character mentioned that something was going on, but would not specify, and said that they would not show it on camera.

I'm shocked that neither the Tribune nor the Sun-Times mentioned that a fight was apparently taking place at The Shrine.

They said it on Comcast last night. I think Gayle was the one who mentioned it. That was not left unsaid I know that. Just maybe not in the papers.

Jerko
06-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Gee, at least get the score right people. It was 8-5, not 9-6. And you all call yourselves flubsessed. :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
06-28-2006, 10:20 AM
The Brewers are my second favorite team (I'm from Wisconsin) so last night worked out well for me.

SOXfnNlansing
06-28-2006, 10:51 AM

Also, I hate Carlos Zambrano. I hope the Sox throw at his head every time he comes to the plate. What a head-case-loser-psycho-assclown!! Did anyone see him pumping his fists as he sprinted around the bases after his Homer??? AGH! I hate that guy!!:angry: If ANYONE else in baseball were to homer off Zambozo and act like he did......he'd freak out and start yelling at the sky and point his finger violently. God I wish someone would drill him over and over again. you're preaching to the choir brother:gulp:

DrCrawdad
06-28-2006, 11:04 AM
They said it on Comcast last night. I think Gayle was the one who mentioned it. That was not left unsaid I know that. Just maybe not in the papers.

We could see that...

... it was almost directly opposite us, about 30 rows behind the 1B dugout. There appeared to be a fight between four or five people, with fists flying. Quite a number of security people raced over there. It was hard to see specifics because it was so far away. Eventually they did get it under control. - Cubbie Blogger

Big fight at The Shrine, no mention in the local rags.

:giantsnail

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Also, I hate Carlos Zambrano. I hope the Sox throw at his head every time he comes to the plate. What a head-case-loser-psycho-assclown!! Did anyone see him pumping his fists as he sprinted around the bases after his Homer??? AGH! I hate that guy!!:angry: If ANYONE else in baseball were to homer off Zambozo and act like he did......he'd freak out and start yelling at the sky and point his finger violently. God I wish someone would drill him over and over again.

His ass should be fined or suspended. What a doucebag. He can dish it out but he can't take it. Crybaby!! :whiner:

SOXPHILE
06-28-2006, 11:23 AM
After the Sox game, I watched the last 1 1/2 innings. I was actually thinking to myself "oh, look, they're winning 6-5. They may actually win one at home". (Didn't see the homerun The Jackass hit. I imagine he was acting like quite the...well,..the jackass as he rounded the bases and came back to the dugout). When they blew the lead, and the game, WERE THOSE LOUD BOOS I HEARD IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES ??!! For some reason, that was one of the most deflated & angry crowds I'd seen. The camera were panning the crowd and they all had this "You just ran over my puppy" look on their faces. WGN radio must have been hilarious. I bet Santo sounded like he was ready to tie his looped belt over a tree branch, put his head in the noose, and jump....

jenn2080
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
After the Sox game, I watched the last 1 1/2 innings. I was actually thinking to myself "oh, look, they're winning 6-5. They may actually win one at home". (Didn't see the homerun The Jackass hit. I imagine he was acting like quite the...well,..the jackass as he rounded the bases and came back to the dugout). When they blew the lead, and the game, WERE THOSE LOUD BOOS I HEARD IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES ??!! For some reason, that was one of the most deflated & angry crowds I'd seen. The camera were panning the crowd and they all had this "You just ran over my puppy" look on their faces. WGN radio must have been hilarious. I bet Santo sounded like he was ready to tie his looped belt over a tree branch, put his head in the noose, and jump....

Its unreal. Ryan Dempster BLOWS! Simple as that. After multiple blows he should NOT be the closer. How long and how many games is going to take for Dusty to wake up from his nap and change it. Now you want to talk to the pitching coach about Dempster. You should have done that when he loaded the bases and gave up the lead to let the Marlins win a month ago. Dusty is gonna end up choking on his tooth pick if and when they win at home.

SOXPHILE
06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Its unreal. Ryan Dempster BLOWS! Simple as that. After multiple blows he should NOT be the closer. How long and how many games is going to take for Dusty to wake up from his nap and change it. Now you want to talk to the pitching coach about Dempster. You should have done that when he loaded the bases and gave up the lead to let the Marlins win a month ago. Dusty is gonna end up choking on his tooth pick if and when they win at home.

Yeah. I was actually surprised they left him in after the first batter. 1 run game, and he takes a hard shot off of his leg or hip of something. They leave him in, and he walks the next guy. And they STILL leave him in. Hey, if your closer or best guy doesn't have it, you gotta take him out. He's blown quite a few saves lately, and I remember he TRIED to blow one in Cincy a few weeks ago, but got bailed out by the defense. I'm not complaining. It's just amazing how baseball stupid they are over there. Again, Thank God I'm A Sox Fan.:gulp:

jenn2080
06-28-2006, 11:56 AM
not to mention the ball he threw over ramirez head.

Jerko
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
not to mention the ball he threw over ramirez head.

Plus, Ramirez is god awful at being in the right position to field throws. He always seems to get "screened" by the runner, no matter where the throw is coming from. He just always seems to be on the wrong side of the base, or is just too slow (or lazy) to get there in time.

FielderJones
06-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Its unreal. Ryan Dempster BLOWS! Simple as that.

(from May 18 column)
Jenks' earned-run average is soaring, but he has been good in the only stat that really matters, save success (11 of 12). Most years that would have been enough to land an All-City spot but Dempster is setting that bar high.

:rolleyes: :kneeslap: :rolling: :roflmao:

More (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060518allcity,1,5662711.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Iwritecode
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
(from May 18 column)

:rolleyes: :kneeslap: :rolling: :roflmao:

More (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060518allcity,1,5662711.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Amazing what a difference a month makes huh?

Jenks has 23 saves (best in AL) with only 1 blown save and a 2.55 ERA.
Dumpster has 11 saves with 3 blown and a 4.54 ERA.