PDA

View Full Version : New Twist to the "take back Miller Park" Campaign

ComiskeyBrewer
06-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Apperently, at the up coming Brewers/Cubs series at Miller Park, the Brewers will be giving away Free Brewers hats to whoever has a Cubs hat on. They will also be selling Cub hats at the Park, Buy-one-get-one Free. The Price? $999

No, this is no joke, i heard it reported on WTMJ during the Brewers game(newsbreak)

Any thoughts?

Chisox003
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
That's pretty awesome

What's the over/under on how many $1K hats are sold? I bet at least 2. (Drunken purchases count)

Edward
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I can definitely see a couple idiots buying those hats. If they buy overpriced tickets to Cub games, they're obviously dumb enough.

itsnotrequired
06-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Could you buy one of the $999 hats and then turn it in for a free Brewer one? That would be the ultimate ride.

http://www.plateoftheday.com/food_blog/nightTrainInHand.gif

TheDarkGundam
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
The Brewers are now officially totally cool.

gbergman
06-27-2006, 08:54 PM
wow thats a cool promo

ComiskeyBrewer
06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Best part of this? My girlfriend's a Cubs fan, so i get a free hat out of the deal(oh yea, i'm making her take it).

Droso5
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh, NIGHTRAIN....good ole' lucky number 14. You do know that this wine fueled my entire college career....all 7 years of it. Oh the shame....
That(bum) wine is actually brewed by Vincent Gallo....they just choose not to put here name on it. Also...it is best served chilled...or with a revolver to blow your brains out when the hangover comes....ouch.
And believe me, stupid things happen when riding the "Rails" of the Nightrain Express...including 999$$ hat purchases...giving the "business" to women of questionable moral fiber, fighting or just more shame. Its a crapshoot!!!

ewokpelts
06-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Apperently, at the up coming Brewers/Cubs series at Miller Park, the Brewers will be giving away Free Brewers hats to whoever has a Cubs hat on. They will also be selling Cub hats at the Park, Buy-one-get-one Free. The Price? $999

No, this is no joke, i heard it reported on WTMJ during the Brewers game(newsbreak)

Any thoughts?good pr move....

HotelWhiteSox
06-28-2006, 01:28 AM
I don't see how it helps. If anything, some may borrow a friend's Flub hat to get a Brewer one

CLR01
06-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Are they going to take the Cubs hat or let them keep it? Do they really think the Cub fans will wear the Brewers hat if they still have the Cub hat?

MUsoxfan
06-28-2006, 01:39 AM
I'd like like this opportunity to announce my undying love for the Brewers (I've loved them for close to 10 years)

Tekijawa
06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Oh, NIGHTRAIN....good ole' lucky number 14. You do know that this wine fueled my entire college career....all 7 years of it. Oh the shame....
That(bum) wine is actually brewed by Vincent Gallo....they just choose not to put here name on it. Also...it is best served chilled...or with a revolver to blow your brains out when the hangover comes....ouch.
And believe me, stupid things happen when riding the "Rails" of the Nightrain Express...including 999$$ hat purchases...giving the "business" to women of questionable moral fiber, fighting or just more shame. Its a crapshoot!!!

I played circle of death with two bottles of that stuff going up against people drink beers... That was one of my earliest nights in my college career, followed by the second worst hangover of my life!

Flight #24
06-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Could you buy one of the $999 hats and then turn it in for a free Brewer one? That would be the ultimate ride.

Actually, it's an even better deal - you could buy 1 Cubs hat, get one free, and end up with 2 Brewer hats!
:supernana:

ComiskeyBrewer
06-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Brewers with a press release.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525582&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

gbergman
06-30-2006, 04:05 AM
only a moron buys a 1000 dollar hat. Oops Paris Hilton would...

LongLiveFisk
06-30-2006, 08:07 AM
:roflmao:

I think that's hilarious. You know, I remember a time not that long ago when the Brewers were a huge Sox rival and there was some bad blood there for a while. After several years now of dealing with those obnoxious fans from the North Side, I'll bet Brewers fans miss that rivalry more than we do. They didn't know how good they actually had it!

bigfoot
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
With the availablity of $1.99 Cub hats at your local Wal-Mart, this has all the makings of another Disco Demolition fiasco!!!!!

santo=dorf
06-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Brewers with a press release.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060627&content_id=1525582&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil
Sounds pretty flubsessed to me.

CLR01
06-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't understand how giving a Brewer hat to a Cubs fan is going to give them more of a home advantage.

Here's a crazy idea. If you want more Brewers fans to come out and watch you try putting together a team that can actually compete for something.

bigfoot
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't understand how giving a Brewer hat to a Cubs fan is going to give them more of a home advantage.

Here's a crazy idea. If you want more Brewers fans to come out and watch you try putting together a team that can actually compete for something.

Or...........sell the team to a major media corporation and have the ad campaign blitz take the place of a real team. The resultant hypnotized sheeple will fill the stands, buy LOTS of beer and create an illusion of fan loyalty throughout the land. Nah......that'll never work.:gulp:

Palehose13
06-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Sounds pretty flubsessed to me.

They have reason to be...that place gets really bad when the cubs are in town. Brewer fans have told me that they wish they didn't switch leagues cause the Sox fans were much better than the cub fans are.

ComiskeyBrewer
07-03-2006, 03:10 AM
They have reason to be...that place gets really bad when the cubs are in town. Brewer fans have told me that they wish they didn't switch leagues cause the Sox fans were much better than the cub fans are.

QTF.

Palehose13
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
QTF.

I'm sorry, but I don't know that one. What does QTF mean?

Foulke You
07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I have had Brewer fans say the same thing to me. Mostly along the lines of "Man, we thought YOU guys were bad, but the Cub fans are ridiculously annoying":cool:

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Im going to guess that its a typo for ***. Q and W are right next to eachother on the keyboard. That's just a guess though.

HotelWhiteSox
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Looked it up. "Quoted for truth"

fquaye149
07-03-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.plateoftheday.com/food_blog/nightTrainInHand.gif

loaded like a freight train. flying like an aeroplane. feeling like a space brain one more time tonight.:cool:

MarySwiss
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Woouldn't that be "QFT"?
I'm gonnas go with the *** typo guess.

ComiskeyBrewer
07-04-2006, 02:45 AM

Yea, i meant QFT, but it WAS 3 in the mornin, gotta cut me a little slack here guys.:wink:

hi im skot
07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Going to the game tomorrow, because I'd like to see Carlos before he gets traded, plus Capuano vs. Maddux should be fun.

I think I'm sticking with the Sox cap for this one, though I haven't ruled out a Brewers BP cap.

ComiskeyBrewer
07-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Going to the game tomorrow, because I'd like to see Carlos before he gets traded, plus Capuano vs. Maddux should be fun.

I think I'm sticking with the Sox cap for this one, though I haven't ruled out a Brewers BP cap.

Hey, you went to the game, it looked 65/35% for a Brewer fan/Cub fan ratio to me, what do you think? BTW, after tonight's game, cappy(3-0) has 26 IP, 0 R, 15 Ks vs the Cubs this season.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey, you went to the game, it looked 65/35% for a Brewer fan/Cub fan ratio to me, what do you think? BTW, after tonight's game, cappy(3-0) has 26 IP, 0 R, 15 Ks vs the Cubs this season.

He's also given up only 2 walks in those three games, two of which are complete. Amazing.

hi im skot
07-07-2006, 08:12 AM

I dunno...Cubs fans were VERY prominent. I'd say maybe 45/55% Cubs/Brewers.

Quite honestly, I was surprised at how well-behaved everyone was. In fact, the worst behavior I experienced came from a group of college-age Brewers fans. Yelling at a guy in a Cubs jersey, chanting "OVERRATED" when Derrek Lee came to the plate...just blatent douchebaggery on display.

I wore my Sox hat and expected to catch some grief (though not hoping for it). Instead, I saw about ten guys in Sox gear themselves. We did a point and a smile, and one guy even stopped me and talked about A.J.

Also had a pretty good conversation with a group of Cubs fans, which was cool.

And Capuano was AWESOME. I saw a program a few weeks ago here in Milwaukee that followed him around for a week (between starts), and I really liked his attitude; seemed like a good guy. Ever since then, I've tried to follow his starts. He's definitely looking good.

Fun time. Third game at Miller, and the first Brewers win I've seen.

TDog
07-07-2006, 12:18 PM
When I lived in Waukesha, there were people within 20 miles of Miller Park flying Cubs banners in front of their homes. With he Cubs languishing with the NL's second worst record in a division where the Brewers don't need to be well over .500 to be contending for the division and wild card, you would expect Brewers fans to be more prominent.

I wonder what the difference would have been without the promotion.

Scottiehaswheels
07-07-2006, 12:27 PM
The only thing I don't understand about this challenge, the mayor of Milwaukee laid down, is that Daley is a Sox fan... Why would he care about the Cubs/Brewers? If I were him I'd wager a 100 tons of city garbage to be trucked/stored to Milwaukee landfills to be paid for by the city of Milwaukee if they DON'T win the season series... lol Sounds like they're already shipping 3-4 tons of garbage up their 3 times a year as it is... whats 100 tons more :D:

TDog
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
... If I were him I'd wager a 100 tons of city garbage to be trucked/stored to Milwaukee landfills to be paid for by the city of Milwaukee if they DON'T win the season series...

Or Daley could make it really interesting and offer to give the Brewers Derek Lee if the Cubs don't win 3 out of 4.

Vernam
07-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I dunno...Cubs fans were VERY prominent. I'd say maybe 45/55% Cubs/Brewers.I'd agree with that. It was my first time at the park, and I liked it a lot. The ground level sections don't extend very far away from the field, which let them put the second level much lower and much closer to the field than in a lot of newer parks. We were second level and had basically the same view as the press box, which was the next section over and much closer to the field than USCF's press box. The retractable roof is ugly, but I bet it's nice in April. We noticed almost no airflow in the stadium because it's completely enclosed -- I guess a requirement of the dome.

There were four ridiculously drunk and silly young Cub fans several rows in front of us. They were pretty harmless, not looking to start a fight but very proud of the C, U, B, or S each had painted on their respective bare chests. Woofing in the ninth even as their team went down meekly, they exhibited an utter lack of awareness that they were walking cliches. :cool: The Brewer fans seemed unhappy, but I've seen far worse during the Crosstown Series.

Vernam

ComiskeyBrewer
07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
The only thing I don't understand about this challenge, the mayor of Milwaukee laid down, is that Daley is a Sox fan... Why would he care about the Cubs/Brewers? :

Yea, the Mayor of Milwaukee isn't very smart.:D:

Cubs fans were VERY prominent. I'd say maybe 45/55% Cubs/Brewers.

I guess it must have been a combination of where i was sitting and the fact that they(cub fans) didn't have much to cheer about.

EDIT: Looks like the Journal Sentinal(milwaukee newspaper) has taken this thing to heart.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=457962

CLR01
07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
The only thing I don't understand about this challenge, the mayor of Milwaukee laid down, is that Daley is a Sox fan... Why would he care about the Cubs/Brewers? If I were him I'd wager a 100 tons of city garbage to be trucked/stored to Milwaukee landfills to be paid for by the city of Milwaukee if they DON'T win the season series... lol Sounds like they're already shipping 3-4 tons of garbage up their 3 times a year as it is... whats 100 tons more :D:

That's no good. They would just dump it into the lake and it would float back to Chicago.

Dibbs
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Anyone know if the Brewers are running a similar campaign for this weeks series with the Cubs? I am going to the game Thursday, and would love to take full advantage of anything they have to offer!!!

ewokpelts
08-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Anyone know if the Brewers are running a similar campaign for this weeks series with the Cubs? I am going to the game Thursday, and would love to take full advantage of anything they have to offer!!!you own cubs hats?

SoXPriDe33
08-09-2006, 08:18 AM
I was at the Brewer-Cub game last night at Miller Park and they were giving away tshirts that said "Take Back Miller Park" and were only giving them to those who weren't wearing any cub stuff. I got one and I was with 5 Cub fans and they all tried to but were told "you're cub fans so you don't get one."
I had a good laugh.

itsnotrequired
08-09-2006, 08:32 AM
I was at the Brewer-Cub game last night at Miller Park and they were giving away tshirts that said "Take Back Miller Park" and were only giving them to those who weren't wearing any cub stuff. I got one and I was with 5 Cub fans and they all tried to but were told "you're cub fans so you don't get one."
I had a good laugh.

Awesome. I bet there was a lot of pouting at the park yesterday.

Cub fans should sue the Brewers for discrimination. You know, like that guy who sued the Angels because he didn't get a free Mother's Day pink hand bag.:rolleyes:

Dibbs
08-09-2006, 02:13 PM
you own cubs hats?

LOL! Lets get one thing straight...I own ONE Cubs hat (singular). I have an old, old bag of hats from when I was a kid and dug up a hat from the 1990 All-Star game. A lot of Cubs fans are going with me, and I thought it would be fun to swap it out for a Brewers hat.

bigfoot
08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
LOL! Lets get one thing straight...I own ONE Cubs hat (singular). I have an old, old bag of hats from when I was a kid and dug up a hat from the 1990 All-Star game. A lot of Cubs fans are going with me, and I thought it would be fun to swap it out for a Brewers hat.

Do you STILL have it?!!!?:bandance: