PDA

View Full Version : Giants to be Buyers

getonbckthr
06-27-2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/27/SPGNJJKLNR1.DTL
Mentions possible interest in Carlos Lee and Alfonso Soriano, my question is where would Lee play? Obviously Soriano would be an upgrade over Durham and can protect Bonds or leadoff but I don't understand interest in Lee.

ewokpelts
06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/27/SPGNJJKLNR1.DTL
Mentions possible interest in Carlos Lee and Alfonso Soriano, my question is where would Lee play? Obviously Soriano would be an upgrade over Durham and can protect Bonds or leadoff but I don't understand interest in Lee.maybe trade bonds to the brewers?
Gene

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
maybe trade bonds to the brewers?
Gene

I see (said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw)...so Bonds could chase 755 and the city of Milwaukee could claim the record.
:tongue: :rolleyes: :?:

Or maybe because Selig and Bonds deserve each other....

Chicken Dinner
06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Maybe there thinking of life after Bonds?? Maybe his latest knee injury will finally drive him out of the game and into his jail cell where he belongs.

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Isn't Bond's contract up? That would be alot of money that can go to at least 3 players. Lee could replace Bonds or Alou (who is getting on in hs years) and Soriano is a replacement for Durham.

Tragg
06-27-2006, 09:53 PM
That NL central is awfully open. The Brewers ought to take a shot with a pitcher.

Banix12
06-27-2006, 10:29 PM
They could always try the idea where you put Lee at first. none of the Giants first basemen have been really good this year.

I really can't blame any NL west team for buying. It's a tight division.

Though I also think many of the NL teams should just sell and give up the season already. Forfeit the world series to the AL why don't they.

StillMissOzzie
06-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Maybe there thinking of life after Bonds?? Maybe his latest knee injury will finally drive him out of the game and into his jail cell where he belongs.

I also thought that B*rry was pondering life as a DH after this season.

SMO
:gulp:

Rob190
06-28-2006, 01:47 AM
That NL central is awfully open. The Brewers ought to take a shot with a pitcher.

I agree there. It will probably end up like th NL west, who ever gets hot will take it.

Sox-o-matic
06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Awesome news!

Lets trade that idiot over there Javy Vazquez and Cliff Politte for like Matt Cain, Brad Hennessey, Steve Kline, and Randy Winn. Jump on it Kenny!