PDA

View Full Version : Whose name is on your back?

0o0o0
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
One glaring off the field difference that I've noticed about this Sox team compared to teams of the past is the number of fan favorites. In the past years, if you asked someone who their favorite player was or looked around at the jerseys people were wearing, there wasn't much variety. You'd have your Big Hurt's, your Magglio's, and maybe a couple others. This year, I can only think of a handful of guy's who's jersey shirts i haven't seen and I think that's pretty damn cool.

That is all. Carry on. :cool:

SoxFan78
06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I have a Thomas jersey that I wear all the time, and I just ordered a Riske jersey. Can't wait for that one to come in!

MarySwiss
06-27-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a Thomas tee, a Konerko tee, and a Konerko WS road jersey. My next jersey will be a Thome, but I can't decide which one to order.

Mr.1Dog
06-27-2006, 09:56 AM
I do not mean to bring up Aaron but I bought his jersey and three days after it arrived he was traded. It just pissed me off that it was that soon after getting it in the mail.:angry:

Cat Thief
06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Aj

Blob
06-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I do not mean to bring up Aaron but I bought his jersey and three days after it arrived he was traded. It just pissed me off that it was that soon after getting it in the mail.:angry:

I got one and half year's use of my Magg's jersey.

I think any member from the 2005 team will be cool to have for years to come!!

skottyj242
06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Jenks (Home white authentic)
Thome (Home white authentic)
Konerko (Green Halfway Jersey)
Podsednik (Last year all star jersey authentic)
Podsednik (Home white vest authentic)
Lee (Carlos Lee home white authentic)
Koch (Road grey authentic)
Garland (Green jersey shirt)
Buehrle (Green jersey shirt)

Max Power
06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
"Fisk" is on my back at the moment, but I'm planning to buy a current jersey soon. This topic is so true, as I've been trying to decide who to get on the new jersey and basically a case could be made for practically anyone on the team.
Buehrle has been my favorite for awhile, so he'll probably get the nod but Crede is coming on strong. Dye, Contreras, Iguchi, AJ, Jenks, Guillen are all in the mix too. What a great team!

itsnotrequired
06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
The name on the back of the shirt I'm wearing right now says "Ralph Lauren". I believe he was on the Sox back in the 80s.

:redneck

LongLiveFisk
06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Fisk....I do want a more current one too though. :D:

Thome25
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM

Yeah it pisses me off too to think that we got the AL leader in Home Runs for Aaron.

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Who are the current players whose names we haven't seen on the back of fans' jerseys?

I'm sure there are a couple of Ozuna jerseys, simply because he's such an instigator. I'm sure there are some Mackowiak jerseys beause he's a local product. I'll bet Cintron jerseys have become more popular recently, too. Anyone ever seen a Gload jersey? Still, I'm going to be the first on my block to have a Montero jersey!

0o0o0
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
The name on the back of the shirt I'm wearing right now says "Ralph Lauren". I believe he was on the Sox back in the 80s.

:redneck
Ah good ol' Ralph. He and Hilfiger were a superb doubleplay combo for that fake 1985 team that never existed. :tongue:

0o0o0
06-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Who are the current players whose names we haven't seen on the back of fans' jerseys?

I'm sure there are a couple of Ozuna jerseys, simply because he's such an instigator. I'm sure there are some Mackowiak jerseys beause he's a local product. I'll bet Cintron jerseys have become more popular recently, too. Anyone ever seen a Gload jersey? Still, I'm going to be the first on my block to have a Montero jersey!
I don't think I've seen a Widger or Gload, and actually I don't recall seeing a Uribe either.

skottyj242
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I think my next purchase is going to be a Gload jersey.

digdagdug23
06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
I have AJ and Dye home
daughter has Crede throwback
son has Pods home

gobears1987
06-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I got the home pinstripe Garcia and a black Buehrle with a WS patch

robiwho
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I've got a pinstripe Buehrle and black Pierzynski.

Trying to decide on my next jersey purchase.

Jjav829
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't think I've seen a Widger or Gload, and actually I don't recall seeing a Uribe either.

I have an authentic Uribe jersey, but it's way too big for me so I never wear it. The only Sox jersey I really wear is a Buehrle jersey.

lizard6king6
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
I have
2 Pods Jerseys (One Black everything stitched on, and the other away iron on numbers)
got the away one made as soon as he was traded here and the black one before they started making the Pods jersey in mass production)

Frank Thomas Black jersey

Plain Away World Series that Im going to get someone on eventually

Authentic Black BP jersey that I am also going to get customized eventually

Paul Konerko jersey Black as well

My next purchase will be a home white jersey of either Thome or Buehrle

INSox56
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I"ve got a Thomas jersey, but don't wear it cuz Thome signed it at this year's soxfest. Only jersey I wear is my road grey Buehrle. Next was going to be Thome, but I'm really leaning towards Pablo now....that guy is Mr. Excitement man...

MsSoxVixen22
06-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I always wear my Podsednik jersey! The next jersey I'm getting is Crede!

Jose.Contreras
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I refuse to buy another jersey with a player's name on it. I bought one for Esteban Loazia right around when he was starting the All-Star game in 2003. That has to be the biggest waste of $120 Ever. I haven't even touched it in over 2 years. :(: :o:

jenn2080
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
When/if I get a jersey it will be AJ, Crede or Jenks. Im pretty positive it will be AJ. I like to keep my options open though

FRANK FORT
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
I prefer to just have the number and not the name. That always comes in handy if the player gets traded. Also, it makes me feel strange to be a grown man wearing another man's name on my back. No offense to anyone else, just my personal feelings.

Jerko
06-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I have a #35 retro jersey (the ones they wore on Sunday a few years back), a black Thomas jersey, and the gray Rowand jersey. I plan on getting a home white jersey of somebody currently on the team. I usually get the ones that are already personalized, so we'll see who they have in my size.

slobes
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM

I've actually seen a Man Soo Lee jersey.

mcfish
06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Jeff Bajenaru

I tell people it's an Alex Cintron jersey.

mcfish
06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I"ve got a Thomas jersey, but don't wear it cuz Thome signed it at this year's soxfest. Only jersey I wear is my road grey Buehrle. Next was going to be Thome, but I'm really leaning towards Pablo now....that guy is Mr. Excitement man...You got Thome to sign a Thomas jersey in the offseason? Talk about irony...

Fungo
06-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Vintage 1998, game worn #27 Brian Simmons. Garage sale gem.:wink:

russ99
06-27-2006, 11:00 AM
#22 Podsednik black third. I wish they had a WS Champs patch for that jersey.

I also have a Garland All-Star Game T-shirt from last year, and will soon get the Thome t-shirt from this year's game! :D:

batmanZoSo
06-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I have an authentic Uribe jersey, but it's way too big for me so I never wear it. The only Sox jersey I really wear is a Buehrle jersey.

I can't find a jersey that fits me well. A large is too baggy and a medium is too short.

Right now I have one Dodgers shirt and precisely no Sox shirts. :rolleyes:

russ99
06-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I've actually seen a Man Soo Lee jersey.

Now that's cool! :D:

Garland_IS_God
06-27-2006, 11:05 AM
I got 8 Jerseys...
Pods St Paddy's Day Jersey
Pods All Star Jersey
Crede WS Jersey
Buehrle Home Jersey
Thome Green Jersey
Konerko Black Jersey
Guillen WS Jersey
AJ Grey Jersey (its signed so I dont wear it)

Harry Potter
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Thome Black Authentic
Konerko Grey WS Authentic
Foulke Pinstripe Vest Authentic

salty99
06-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Buehrle road WS
Thomas home
Both signed

I've never really seen anybody wearing a Contreras jersey which I also find odd. I do still see people with the 2003 Carl Everett jersey though...hahaha

1951Campbell
06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Dye home World Series Authentic.

HomeFish
06-27-2006, 11:18 AM
#43 Herbert Perry

goofymsfan
06-27-2006, 11:21 AM
I have a Thomas tee, a Konerko tee, and a Konerko WS road jersey. My next jersey will be a Thome, but I can't decide which one to order.

I have a Scotty Tee, All star jersey, and WS Jersey. Scotty has been my favorite player since he was a Tacoma Rainier.

btw: Great Signature!

Chez
06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
I prefer to just have the number and not the name. That always comes in handy if the player gets traded. Also, it makes me feel strange to be a grown man wearing another man's name on my back. No offense to anyone else, just my personal feelings.

I agree. I have several jerseys with no name or number on the back. My current "attitude" started many years ago after a rather large and angry friend of mine disparaged any adult he saw wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it. It made a lasting impression on me.

On the other hand, my wife has a Crede jersey, one son has a Kelly Wunsch jersey, another son has a Konerko jersey, another son has a game worn Scott Eyre jersey (garage sale bargain) and my daughter has a game worn batboy "BB" jersey (another garage sale bargain).

Mr.1Dog
06-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah it pisses me off too to think that we got the AL leader in Home Runs for Aaron.

I just meant that it was perfect irony that I receive the jersey and three days later Aaron is gone. Don't get me wrong I love the Thome trade.

goofymsfan
06-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree. I have several jerseys with no name or number on the back. My current "attitude" started many years ago after a rather large and angry friend of mine disparaged any adult he saw wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it. It made a lasting impression on me.

On the other hand, my wife has a Crede jersey, one son has a Kelly Wunsch jersey, another son has a Konerko jersey, another son has a game worn Scott Eyre jersey (garage sale bargain) and my daughter has a game worn batboy "BB" jersey (another garage sale bargain).

I didn't get a jersey with a players name on the back until last year because players often change teams/numbers throughout their careers. The only reason I got the Scotty All-star Jersey (signed) and World Series jersey are because he will always be an All-Star and a World Series Champian no matter where his career takes him.

Georgey3085
06-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I have a white XL Mark Buehrle jersey. I love it cuz I like to think it brings me good luck when I go to games.

kittle42
06-27-2006, 11:29 AM
The title of this thread currently is "Who is name is on your back?"

I, for one, do not know and have never heard of anyone named "name is on your back."

SOXBOY
06-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Jackson,Ventura,Kruk,Dye w/ws patch,Perry,Fisk 1987,Thomas 1987,Seaver 1985,Canseco 1917,Buehrle all star,Rowand,Konerko,Lee,Loazia w/ all star patch.

MarySwiss
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a Scotty Tee, All star jersey, and WS Jersey. Scotty has been my favorite player since he was a Tacoma Rainier.

btw: Great Signature!

Thanks! A talented WSI friend who does a lot of computer graphics design work made it for me.

areilly
06-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Esteban Loaiza jersey T
Shingo Takatsu jersey T

Yes, I'm serious about both of those. For some reason I think flash-in-the-pan pitchers are cool.

Likewise, if they had made an Orlando Hernandez jersey T, I'd be all over it (and I'm not talking about those lame ones in the mlb.com shop where you can have any name you wanted lettered on to it and they use that bogus font to do it. I want the real deal!).

EdHerman12
06-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I have the white pin stripe, road gray, and alternate black all with 14 KONERKO.

The wife has all 3 with 22 PODSEDNIK, and a white pin stripe with 45 JENKS.

All have numbers in front and WS Champs patches.

In addition I have a '72 Red pin stipe that just has 12 on the back with no name as they were back then. That however does not get worn outside.

GO SOX!

FJA
06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Two I have that I haven't seen listed yet:

5 Durham road grey

15 Iguchi black t-shirt

ws05champs
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I have A J's number (12) with my first initial and last name on the back on a pinstripe white jersey. I didn't want to be in the position of having him traded and then becoming the hated opponent.

My wife did the same with her name and 35 on an alternate black jersey.

I also have Konerko and Dye black t-shirts.

koz
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
a #21 Dr.Cooper jersey would be nice.

buehrle4cy05
06-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Jerseys: Buehrle (home), Shingo (away), Jenks (alternate)
Shirts: Thome, Iguchi, Crede, Thomas, Konerko, and a 2003 All-Star Loiaza

The Immigrant
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
#15 Iguchi jersey and black t-shirt. #72 Fisk throwback.

Doobie148
06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I have a black Ventura jersey that my brothers bought me for my birthday the last year he was with the Sox. I was so upset when the Sox let him go that I bought a Ventura Mets jersey.

I have a striped Magglio and Buerhle. Also bought an All-Star Magglio a couple years ago. The Magglio jerseys will be retired until he does.

TheDarkGundam
06-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I've got a Bobby Jenks road gray, with WS patch and an old Carlos Lee normal pinstripes one. My next jersey is probably gonna be a black Crede one.

INSox56
06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
You got Thome to sign a Thomas jersey in the offseason? Talk about irony...

LOL no crap. I didn't have another jersey, so I thought that was fitting and humorous.

RoobarbPie
06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Currently wearing a Buehrle Road Authentic WS jersey

dademz1
06-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Black-Joe Nossek

Black- Onan Masaoka

grey-Craig Wilson

Yes, I like Unique jerseys :)

LuvSox
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Jerseys:Fisk, Loaiza, Garland, Podsednik

Shirts: Dye, Iguchi

DaleJRFan
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I have a BP Rowand jersey and a black Thome - wanna get either a Dye or a Crede next!

WizardsofOzzie
06-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Damn this thread, it convinced me i need a new jersey. Jenks is on its way :smile:

MeteorsSox4367
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Gray road jersey with nothing on the back yet.

T-shirts with Pierzynski, Buehrle, Podsednik, Konerko, Jenks. Payday's coming and I do work near the Cell and Grandstand, so Crede could be next.

I also saw a gentleman at the garage sale wearing a gray Luis Aparicio throwback t-shirt. Anyone know where I can find one of those? Thanks.

C-Dawg
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
A couple years ago I sat next to a guy with a Ken Vining jersey - I should have asked about it but I'm assuming it was a garage sale item.

I'm still pushing for Majestic to re-issue the Bill Veeck-era jerseys with the floppy collars. I want a Pablo Torreabla jersey SO bad!

I've yet to see another Salome Barojas besides mine - which is on hiatus currently for bringing the Sox bad luck every time I wear it so far this year.

vernhillssoxfan
06-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Home Jersey's

Konerko, Buehrle

1917 World Series Jersey

Road Black with WS patch

Guillen

Road Grey

Thome

JohnBasedowYoda
06-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I have 5 or so jerseys. Only one with a name is "Pierzynski"

CommanderPudge72
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I have a regular gray jersey -- no name

An authentic plain BP jersey

A 85 Fisk

Pierzynski and Konerko t-shirts

Honorable mention:

authentic Bears Ditka
authentic home and away Blackhawks Chelios - captains jerseys

Wants:

81 Fisk - home
71 Melton - road

I only like to get Chicago legends or champion jerseys (since champions are forever)

Deciding who to get out of the current team.

:walkoff:
"take that!!!!"

Chez
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I also saw a gentleman at the garage sale wearing a gray Luis Aparicio throwback t-shirt. Anyone know where I can find one of those? Thanks.

Check out Mitchell and Ness's website. I think Grandstand may sell them too.

rwc72
06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
My wife bought me a 1/2 way to St. Patrick's Day jersey for Christmas and had Triple Threat Sports put my name on it. My friend thinks it's weird, what do you guys think?

Sad
06-27-2006, 12:58 PM
My wife bought me a 1/2 way to St. Patrick's Day jersey for Christmas and had Triple Threat Sports put my name on it. My friend thinks it's weird, what do you guys think?

I also have my name on a jersey
I aint getting traded anytime soon :tongue:

MUScholar21
06-27-2006, 01:04 PM

Personally, I NEVER put my own name on a jersey - just something I've never liked.

My jerseys:
1917 Home Replica, no number or name
1972 Home Batting Practice #15 Jersey (Allen's name not on it)
1983 Gray Road Jersey- #35 for the Hurt
1991 Alternate Home Jersey - #8 for Bo

Really want the WS Dye jersey in honor of his MVP, and still want a Rowand jersey. Also would love to get the sky blue 72 road jersey

FRANK FORT
06-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Check out Mitchell and Ness's website. I think Grandstand may sell them too.

I had one with #40 on the back, when Mitchell and Ness would put whatever number you wanted. Now they don't seem to eager to do that kind of thing. It got ruined when I left it in the washer too long after the cycle was done. The dye from the collar bled on to the shirt. What a travesty.

MUScholar21
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Every so often (or if there is something on them) I just dry clean them - they cost so damn much, I don't want to run the risk of ruining them in the wash.

stacksedwards
06-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I have a Thomas jersey that I wear all the time, and I just ordered a Riske jersey. Can't wait for that one to come in!

Dave Riske jersey, damn are you made out of money. that is a riske buy but original

CHISOXFAN13
06-27-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a road Crede, which I purchased in 2003 :), a alternate Rowand, which I no longer wear, autographed home Thomas, home Valentin, which has also been retired and if it aever arrives, I will be sporting a sleeveless Ozuna.

Jurr
06-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Variety is the spice of life!

Durham black authentic
Uribe black authentic
Buehrle black authentic
Konerko road authentic
Pods road authentic
Guillen black authentic w/ WS patch.

I've had good luck, as only one guy has been dealt since I started forking out bigger bucks for jerseys.

jongarlandlover
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Garland Jersey
Podsednik, Crede, Pierzynski, and 2 Garland T-shirts

I think my next purchase is going to be a Crede or Pierzynski jersey and I've gotta get something with Anderson on it.

TheDarkGundam
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
I also have my name on a jersey
I aint getting traded anytime soon :tongue:
Ooooh, uhhh....:(:
This is gonna be very hard for not only me, but the whole organization, Sad. You know how it goes. We've gotta free up some payroll with all the Tiger trolls we've been getting so...well, you've been traded to The Marlins.
I'm sorry.
:tongue:

DumpJerry
06-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I've always resisted getting a jersey with a name on it because I figured with my luck, the guy would have a career-ending injury, get traded or leave via free-agency.

Having said that, I bought an authentic home World Series Jersey last year and took it to Grandstand where they lettered the number 13 on it and the name "Ozzie" on the back. I figured no matter what happened to Ozzie after October 26, 2005, it did not matter-he took us to the Promised Land.

I wear it loud and proud at almost all home games (cold weather gets a jacket)-look for me in the vicinity of Sec. 112!

MarySwiss
06-27-2006, 02:20 PM
I've always resisted getting a jersey with a name on it because I figured with my luck, the guy would have a career-ending injury, get traded or leave via free-agency.

Having said that, I bought an authentic home World Series Jersey last year and took it to Grandstand where they lettered the number 13 on it and the name "Ozzie" on the back. I figured no matter what happened to Ozzie after October 26, 2005, it did not matter-he took us to the Promised Land.

I wear it loud and proud at almost all home games (cold weather gets a jacket)-look for me in the vicinity of Sec. 112!

That's why I waited until they re-signed Paulie before I got my road jersey. I mean, I love the guy, but c'mon; them things ain't cheap! :tongue:

SOXintheBURGH
06-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Wynn
Iguchi jersey t-shirt.

Steelrod
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Hanes!

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Crede on a WS home jersey.

GOGOGOPODS
06-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Scotty Pods

ChiSox Fan 68
06-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Just ordered an authentic alternate black Crede jersey with the World Series patch.

Chrisaway
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Cotts #46 sleeveless home alt
Hermanson #32 1906 home
Konerko #14 1906 home
Ordonez #30 road grey
Garland #20 home with WS05 patch
Thomas #35 black alt
I also have an unnumbered home jersey signed by Guillen, Crede, Everett, Harris and friggin Joe Borchard

ChiSoxFan7
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I also have an unnumbered home jersey signed by Guillen, Crede, Everett, Harris and friggin Joe Borchard

that brings down the value by atleast $50:tongue:

IronFisk
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Don't have one - just "patches and pins". My son however has a geniune Konerko home jersey - well, with the black letters. He's gonna grow out of it in another year - I'll hold off on the silver-lined lettering until he's in his teens.

Daver
06-27-2006, 08:23 PM

Man Soo Lee.

Chips
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM
#42 Chips black home
#14 Konerko green
#12 AJ Home white
#31 Canseco away gray
#56 Burhrle green
#2 Fox 1959 Home, no name
#4 Appling 1933 Home, no name.
#33 Rowand Phillies

Lyle Mouton
06-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I wear my AJ t-shirt jersey with pride

sox_fan_forever
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I have Buehrle and Iguchi tshirts. I'm already planning on spending my next paycheck on Sox merchandise. Haven't decided what I am getting yet, however.

QCIASOXFAN
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I have Big Frank and Pods jerseys, as well as a Konerko jersey shirt.

Parrothead
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Simas
Machado
Myette
Valdez
:o:

whitesoxwilkes
06-27-2006, 08:58 PM
All my jerseys are blank with one exception...I have Brian West's unused unworn '83 uniform from Turn Back The Clock day in 2003. Picked utup at Soxfest for $300.

delben91
06-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Remember at the Ring Ceremony game seeing not one, but two Porzio jerseys. I was thinking, "what, no Snopek?"

Mine are...

Buehrle 2005 AS Game Jersey
Guillen WS Jersey
Thomas Black Alternate Jersey

I think a Crede jersey is next, but I'm debating on whether to wait to see if he re-signs or not.

HawkDJ
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Don't tell me I'm the only one rocking a Harold Baines.

LongLiveFisk
06-27-2006, 09:10 PM
#33 Rowand Phillies

Really? As much as I like Aaron, I don't think I want to buy a Phillies jersey. :tongue:

Cuck the Fubs
06-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Black # 23 Ventura
Black WS Champions # 14 Konerko
Black # 25 Plesha ( My name )
White # 24 Crede
White vest # 25 Plesha

Damn I need a grey one....:D:

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Buehrle.

thometo
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
i have a #25 Thome shirt
and right now i'm wearing a Thome Phillies shirt.

why?
why the hell not

zach074
06-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Jeff Bajenaru

I tell people it's an Alex Cintron jersey.

What I'm not the only one with a number 57 jersey? Did you get it at the garage sale to?

I also have a Ventura black alternate jersey.

Chips
06-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Really? As much as I like Aaron, I don't think I want to buy a Phillies jersey. :tongue:

I forgot the teal. I hate Aaron Rowand and would never buy any of his jerseys.

DeuceUnit
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Lets see..

Authentic 83 Kittle home
Authentic 1917 throwback Thomas
Authentic Buehrle home with All Star game patch
Authentic Guillen road with WS patch
Authentic Crede home with WS Champs patch
Authentic Konerko home with WS Champs patch
Authentic Thome alternate
Authentic Pods alternate

bnlfanmatt
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I have:

Ozzie Road Jersey from late 80's (the one with Chicago in script across the front)
Black Jersey with WS05 patch with my #73 and my last name
Rowand Black T (Worn once since the trade)

Suburbanbuddha
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Home Pinstripes - blank
Black replica - Thomas
Two of my sons have black t-shirt jerseys with their names and birth-years
Jerrod 97
Ezekiel 01

JB98
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I've got a Buerhle and a Konerko. Thinking of getting a Pierzynski.

seahawk037
06-28-2006, 12:32 AM
#15 Iguchi authentic black alternate, Blank authentic white pinstripe "pseudo-throwback vest" with the black sleeves, Black authentic BP jersey, Blank white mesh jersey, #15 Iguchi shirt, #37 Alexander authentic home (new and throwback), #28 Boulware authentic home, #80 Largent authentic home throwback... errr, sorry, I got a bit carried away!

nug0hs
06-28-2006, 12:41 AM
#33 jersey tee

(where's the "crying" icon?)

schmitty9800
06-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Garcia home jersey, Burhele All Star tee.

I don't know what I want next...probably a Crede tee or I might splurge on a black jersey. Or maybe Ozuna.

C-Dawg
06-28-2006, 05:34 AM
So who haven't we mentioned yet from the 05 team yet? Marte? Timo? Luis Viscaino? Raul Casanova? I think I saw a Willie Harris once. Those other guys may turn up at the next Garage Sale.

BeefyD
06-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Last year after the Dodgers walk-off game, I knew I had to have an AJ jersey. My wife was nice enough to get my b-day gift early since I was going to game 2 of the WS. So, I hung up my Ordonez 2003 All-Star Jersey for an AJ Pierzynski home white jersey. Wore it to Game 2 of the WS and made it famous in the Street and Smith's Commemorative, page 63.

WSDaytonOH
06-28-2006, 09:37 AM
I got a WS Pods home jersey for my B-day in Nov. I had to hang up the Thomas all black '94 jersey once he left.

Anyone have better luck than I did with the World champion patch? I got one off of Ebay and had trouble getting the thick plastic off the back in order to sew it on the left sleeve of my Pods jersey. Also, is it geeky to have the WS on the right shoulder and the Champs patch on the left???

Kuzman
06-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Black Konerko - non authentic

Gray Buehrle - Authentic/WS Patch

Black Thome - Authentic

brucefan34
06-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Nice Topic.

I also have a problem spending my hard earned (and limited) cash on an authentic jersey plus lettering for someone who may not be here in the near future. So, my solution is this...I really want the authentic black jersey (love those) but I am having my Dad's (and mine) last name on it along with the number he wore when he played ball in HS and college...#10.

I think it will be kind of a cool thing for him to see his son wearing HIS number!

BeefyD
06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I got a WS Pods home jersey for my B-day in Nov. I had to hang up the Thomas all black '94 jersey once he left.

Anyone have better luck than I did with the World champion patch? I got one off of Ebay and had trouble getting the thick plastic off the back in order to sew it on the left sleeve of my Pods jersey. Also, is it geeky to have the WS on the right shoulder and the Champs patch on the left???

I have mine sewed on with the plastic on the back! Didn't realize it came off (although difficult to do so). It's a bit stiff, but it works.

If you want it to look authentic, you shouldn't put both on. But hey, with all of the replicas with single-color name/numbers on the back, who would care if you had both patches? It's your jersey.:D:

geraldfritz
06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
I still wear my #65 Kelly Wunsch jersey. I am probably the only one wearing one still.

joshjake2003
06-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna try and snag me an Ozzie Guillen jersey, he was my favorite player growing up.

JimF1983
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
After Paulie re-signed, my wife got me the authentic black Konerko with the WS champion patch.

I still want a road grey with AJ on it. I also want a home pinstripe with Baines. Someday.

record for games attended this year is 6-1.

SoXPriDe33
06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a Big Baaaad Bobby Jenks home jersey.

VenturaSoxFan23
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Only "jersey" I have with a name on the back is my replica green Favre. :D:

I have 2 white pinstripe home jerseys with no name on them. One has the authentic Comiskey Park patch on the sleeve and it's held up pretty well after 9 years. I never got a name put on the back because I was torn between Ventura's 23 and Jason Bere's 46. (Yes, I had to think about it; I was there for Bere's first win.)

Also have a Joe Crede jersey T I bought at Wal-Mart. Couldn't pass it up. (Odd thing was all the Crede shirts were only in 2XL, yet Konerko was in all sizes.) My son has a Thomas shirt which I originally bought for my daughter, but she outgrew it. I used to have a Belle #8 when he was actually doing well. Think I finally chucked it long after he retired.

My kingdom for a 1978 Bill Naharodny. :cool:

twentywontowin
06-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm sure I'm the only one, or one of few, that has an authentic home Ozuna jersey. :D:

Frontman
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't have a White Sox jersey yet, but the first will be #14. In fact, I only have purchased one jersey ever, and that's #34 of the Chicago Bears.

;)

Front

slobes
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm actually not into the personalized jerseys. Right now I got the grey away jersey and the white with pinstripes.
Then again, I'm sure I'll be getting a personalized one soon.

IrishElvis
07-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I am actualy going to admit that I have a Karkovice jersey

I did get it before the Sox put names on the back of thier home whites

I just say that it is Garland

Shoeless_Jim
07-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Thomas, Pods, and my own last name, i got it personalized. i want a Crede one.

i was thinking of buying a regular sox jersey and then a Joe Crede Patch kit with # 24 front and back and his name....has anyone gotten one? any feedback is okay.

hi im skot
07-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I know the response to the all-star jerseys hasn't exactly been positive on the board, but I'm thinking about a Dye (or A.J.) "American" jersey.

BeefyD
07-02-2006, 10:24 PM
If (when) AJ makes the All-Star team, I think that will be my next purchase...

RealMenWearBlack
07-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I have a Frank Thomas and a Magglio jersey. The only one I consistently wear to games is my Konerko jersey-shirt. The next one I want to get is an authentic Bobby Jenks vest because I think he'll be with the team longer than any other player currently on our roster.

monkeypants
07-02-2006, 11:15 PM
My home jersey has Bat Boy 01 because I bought it at the White Sox Garage Sale.

My away jersey is blank.

I never liked the idea of putting a player's name on a shirt/jersey because eventually they will be traded/not signed/revealed to be an *******/ect. and then I'd feel weird about wearing that shirt.

MDF3530
07-03-2006, 12:41 AM

I kinda know how you feel. I used to have a red Blackhawks jersey. I was in school at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and I took it over to a sporting goods store in the next town west. I had them put Murphy #17 on it because Joe Murphy was one of my favorite Hawk players at the time. They traded him to St. Louis the following offseason (pretending that they were gonna use the money to resign Roenick). My only thought was 'there's $15 down the drain'.

SoxGurl44
07-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Brian Anderson... and damn proud of it!

DieTrying79
07-03-2006, 01:13 AM
The only Sox jersey I have with a player's name is that of the great Carlton Fisk. Oh, and I have the following player T's:

AJ
Paulie
Berls
Rowand
Iguchi

southside rocks
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM
I have a Konerko jersey and I am going to order an Anderson jersey. No, I really am! Stop laughing!

I also want a Guillen jersey.

joshua1024
07-03-2006, 10:18 AM
WALT WILLIAMS -- my all-time White Sox Hero. The man who always hustled; the man whose .304 average put him in the top 10 in the year 1969. The man who may have had "No Neck," but who was "All Heart." I loved the guy then, and I love the guy still. Anyone know how he's doing today?

:o:

kravdog
07-03-2006, 11:10 AM
i want an AJ All star jersey. make it happen.

soxchick20
07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Garland Authentic Jersey In Pinstripes

jersey T-shirts:
Jenks
Guillen
Podsednik
Buehrle
Konerko
Crede
Pierzynski
Thome
Garland
Rowand

Plus An "ozzie Is My Homeboy" Just For Laughs

And, Of Course, My Entire World Series Wardrobe Collection!!! Lol

qpropaganda
07-04-2006, 06:29 PM
harold baines' 83, 89, & current...also have an 87 baines batting practice jersey...looking to get an iguchi & uribe jersey sometime this year...

MikeW
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Just got my Jermaine Dye home jersey from my kids on Fathers Day.

MikeW
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
WALT WILLIAMS -- my all-time White Sox Hero. The man who always hustled; the man whose .304 average put him in the top 10 in the year 1969. The man who may have had "No Neck," but who was "All Heart." I loved the guy then, and I love the guy still. Anyone know how he's doing today?

:o:Last I heard, No Neck was living in Texas(Houston area).He was one of my favorites too. Warren Newson reminded somewhat of No Neck.

lbtigerfan
07-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm in desperate need of a Konerko jersey. Desperate.

TheDarkGundam
07-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Hmmm, how hard would it be to get a Fukuoka Hawks Iguchi jersey?
That would be sweet.

I never liked the idea of putting a player's name on a shirt/jersey because eventually they will be traded/not signed/revealed to be an *******/ect. and then I'd feel weird about wearing that shirt.
That's why I got a Bobby Jenks jersey. If he's ever not on the team anymore, it will be in honor of our 2005 WS win (since it's the gray one with a WS patch).

SoxFan33
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Ive got a Thomas, Crede and Konerko jersey. Also a Konerko tee..and a Got Podsednik sweatshirt...plus all the WS shirts

mwc44
07-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Being an annual participant at the White Sox Fantasy Camp since 1992, the name on the back of all of the versions of my jerseys is the same... my name!

Baby Fisk
07-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Fisk 72 (navy 1981 jersey)
ol' number 2 (home 1959 jersey)
Pierzynski 12 (black t-shirt)

soxfan7777
07-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Crede!!!!!

woodsdavid
07-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Bought a replica road gray (to save some $$) in October but wanted to avoid having a Loaiza on the back (though any '05 player would be okay in my book), then saw 05 CHAMPS on opening night. Thought that's the one for me.

Any suggestions on a good, reasonably priced place to get letters/numbers sewn on? My dry-cleaner did a ****ty job w/ my World Series patch in October so I'd like a qualified professional to do it.

:bandance:

Palehose13
07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Guilllen - vest
Guillen - '85 road signed
Thomas - Home
Ventura - Black
Crede - Road
Pierzynski - Home WS
Podsednik - Road
Rowand - Black
Paciorek - Authentic used BP

pssst...kittle42, I fixed it for ya'.

joshua1024
07-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Last I heard, No Neck was living in Texas(Houston area).He was one of my favorites too. Warren Newson reminded somewhat of No Neck.

Thanks, MikeW; I'm glad to hear about Walt Williams' current whereabouts. I've loved many others, but he's truly the only player I can ever say I've idolized.:redface:

billcissell
07-10-2006, 04:59 PM
#31 - no name on back

Home white pin-stripe, Wilson size 48, authentic game worn from the mid-90s

Belonged to Scott Radinsky

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Albert Belle - Jersey (bargain---9 dollars at sox fest)
Paul Konerko - T Shirt
Assorted Sox Shirts and Hats

hi im skot
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, how hard would it be to get a Fukuoka Hawks Iguchi jersey?
That would be sweet.

http://www.yakyushop.net/proddetail.php?prod=JH1048&cat=16

Great idea!

ShoelessJoeS
07-17-2006, 11:25 PM
My 2005 World Series road jersey with Crede on the back is without a doubt my favorite.

wsoxgalkelly
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
ROBIN VENTURA! The hot corner my favorite player.

soxfanreggie
07-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Cotts jerseys (road grey, Illinois State Redbirds home and away)
Thomas Jersey-black
Konerko Jersey-home
MB Green Jersey shirt

Soon to be added as soon as he signs a long-term deal...Jenks

SABRSox
07-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Game worn Don Cooper jersey I picked up at a White Sox garage sale after the 2001 season. I bought it with the intention of changing the name and number (he wore number 63 as the minor league pitching coordinator at the time) but when he got upped to pitching coach, I kept it. Glad I did. Still has 63 on the back, though.

shortstop
07-21-2006, 11:32 AM
i have my own name (LASKONIS) with the number 7 on a alternate home jersey. i wont be traded anytime soon.:D:

Jurr
07-21-2006, 01:25 PM
It's funny....nobody wears Uribe jerseys. I get a lot of "cool jersey" remarks at games, and you rarely see 'em. I saw a kid with a replica Uribe jersey once, and that was about it.

hellenicsoxfan
07-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I have a Konerko shirt. Not that I am a bigger fan of Paulie's over any of the other guys, just that that was the only XXL shirt I found at the time.

Scottzilla
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
:D: Just ordered an authentic home white ozzie jersey. yay!

first sox jersey in a long while

used to have thomas ventura fisk jerseys along with my awesome black satin starter jacket, those were the days!

Matt Bell
07-22-2006, 02:17 AM
#14 Konerko

gurupremir
07-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Are you all telling me I am the only one in Chicago with a McCarthy jersey. Thats right. Home jersey (white w/sleves).. number 55..authentic.. Had to get this customized by the local jersey pro.. MLB.com offers this but won't use a small "c".. got it a week ago only, had ot wait one month..it is a beautiful sight. I have yet to wear it to the park, but i expect some awesome conversation... McCarthy is going to be a Chicago favorite as long as he is kept and eventually put in the rotation, last season he mad a fantastic impression.

y2j2785
07-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Ive got a Konerko jersey and an AJ jersey that I always wear to the park.

Chicago
07-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I still wear my black Russell Authentic Diamond Collection Guillen jersey that I bought from Grandstand back in 93-94 I wear it every time i'm at the game.

soxfan123
07-22-2006, 03:21 PM
What is a cheap place to buy a jersey? I don't own one and I don't know why. My friend suggested TJ Maxx.

BV2005
07-22-2006, 07:07 PM
What is a cheap place to buy a jersey? I don't own one and I don't know why. My friend suggested TJ Maxx.

ebay, sometimes you'll get lucky and find a great deal.

soxfanreggie
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I got one off Ebay, a sweet PK for like $25 and $10 s&h. I was skeptical because the guy was from S. Korea, but his feedback was very reputable. It turned out to be a great jersey and got here rather quick. I think I'll see if he has any different ones next time I go to get one, but I don't think he had anything besides PK.

Foulke You
07-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I usually wear my Alt Black Authentic #34 Freddy Garcia jersey on gamedays. By far my favorite jersey.

Once upon a time, it used to be my #29 Foulke jersey but I had it renumbered/lettered at Grandstand in 2004 after Freddy signed the contract extension with us.

PAPChiSox729
07-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Pierzynski WS Road jersey.

SheGone
07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Pierzynski WS Road jersey.

I too have a Pierzynski road jersey. I wear it over my black Crede t-shirt. I figure it can't hurt to double up with my two favorite players. :wink:

vjb77
07-27-2006, 12:53 PM

...one day out of his 6 day work week, my father came home to find his teenage son wearing a cal ripken t-shirt...he politely asked me if i had been adopted by mr. ripken, i replied of course not...he then told me until mr. ripken starts paying the bills around here to get rid of the f@ck!ng thing!

authentic away jersey...no name, no number

#13 authentic, home jersey w/world champ signatures on the wall

pythons007
07-27-2006, 01:27 PM
I have a 83 throwback of Buerhle and a black Rock Raines jersey. Tim Raines was my favorite player back in the early 90s.

StockdaleForVeep
07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
My jersey is one that shall never be named

I got it after the 2000 season, i was gonna get wunsch on it, dl....then released
Then i was gonna get canseco...nuff said
then i was gonna get takatsu...nuff said
then i debated iguchi then i stopped myself

I cannot get a jersey lettered, this is comin from someone who has a krivokrasov blackhawk jersey

PalehosePlanet
07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
1916 M&N road w/out a #
1959 M&N home Nellie Fox #2
1968 M&N road Tommy John #25
1972 M&N Dick Allen BP #14
1980 M&N road Carlton Fisk (w/collar) #72
Early 90's home Frank Thomas w/#35 but no last name on the back (I liked when we DIDN'T put names on our home jerseys)
Current road Uribe #5 w/WS patch
In black T-Shirts: Konerko and Buehrle
In gray T-shirt: Dye

I want to pick up a black alternate jersey but am not sure on the player.

leprchn36
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I have a grey road jersey with "Thomas # 35," though his recent moanings and lawsuit(??) are starting to dim his star in my eyes. I agree with the other posters that it's refreshing and a tribute to our "team" that there isn't just 1 solitary player dominating fan's hearts & minds. Spread the love, people!

asindc
08-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Dye, for the reasons he gave for joining the Sox during his WS MVP trophy acceptance press conference. Gave up more money and chance to play near his childhood home because he liked what Kenny and Ozzie were putting together. Put his money where his mouth is to become a Sox.:gulp: To JD.

Sox Fan 35
08-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Black Crede and Thomas

White PK and Rowand

Pods and AJ WS patch t-shirts

Domeshot17
08-02-2006, 06:19 PM
If you want just a WHITE SOX JERSEY, not authentic or really great or even one the style the players wear, but its a jersey says white sox looks kinda cool, Sams Club, 20 bucks, up to 3x. Bought it for my gf's dad for his bday.

I own a sweet St Pattys Day green one with the name Arbogast and the number 17. (my name). G/F got it for me because my bday is st pattys day (hence 17). I like it because I have never seen that jersey at the stadium before. Got it at the grandstand.

I also have a half way to st pattys day Konerko
Jersey shirts I own: Garland Konerko (all star 2005) Crede Thome Iguchi Thomas. I own plenty that I have lost from back in the day or outgrown (bo jackson, I got a fisk one for xmas when I was younger)

GF has a Pods half way jersey. Jersey Shirts: Jenks Pods (x 2) and a personalized jersey from when she was a kid. Obviously with the Pods for Soriano rumors, she wasnt happy this last week.

southwstchi4life
08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I stick with the big man, the big hurt

Bobbo35
08-03-2006, 12:02 AM
I have my Thomas jersey, which I put to rest on my wall (framed). I have a Buerhle jersey that I wear when he pitches and the rest of the time I wear my Dye jersey I bought in the beginning of the year.

The Critic
08-03-2006, 07:03 AM
1972 M&N Dick Allen BP #14

Melton was 14, Allen was 15.

And on topic, I don't generally get players' names/numbers on my jerseys, but if I was going to, it would be Pierzynski.

I want Mags back
08-03-2006, 08:05 AM
I have an Ozzie WS home jersey, a thomas black, a loaiza 03 all star game, and Konerko, Buehrle, and Garcia t-shirts

kravdog
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Rowand Road Grey (you wouldnt believe the number of conversations that this jersey starts at games)

Thome 1906 throw back

Pierzynski All Star BP Jersey (just came in yesterday from TripleThreat)

I highly recommend TripleThreat for your jerseys, great prices, great service - I've bought my last two from them.

PalehosePlanet
08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
[quote=The Critic]Melton was 14, Allen was 15.]

My mistake, it's a #15.
BTW: Sportline's gift shop (formerly MVP.COM) is having a 20% sale. They have an excellent Sox selection, including current and retro stuff. The fitted caps are only $20 right now! I think the sale ends on 8/4 but not sure.

russ99
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
[quote=The Critic]Melton was 14, Allen was 15.]

My mistake, it's a #15.
BTW: Sportline's gift shop (formerly MVP.COM) is having a 20% sale. They have an excellent Sox selection, including current and retro stuff. The fitted caps are only $20 right now! I think the sale ends on 8/4 but not sure.

Sweet a red 70's Sox jersey has been on my list a long time.

I love Allen and Melton, but I want to go with a slightly more obscure player from that season. Any suggestions? Carlos May? Maybe No-Neck Williams?

I want the powder-blue road jersey.

PalehosePlanet
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM
[Sweet a red 70's Sox jersey has been on my list a long time.

I love Allen and Melton, but I want to go with a slightly more obscure player from that season. Any suggestions? Carlos May? Maybe No-Neck Williams?

I want the powder-blue road jersey.]

Wilbur Wood #28 would be a great one but the only one M&N makes is Allen, while The Grandstand makes their own M&N version of Melton (Not sure if this was a copyright issue or...don't ask). Also, Pat Kelly (RIP) was #18 and that would be cool too.

skottyj242
08-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I just got my Man Soo Lee jersey in the mail from Triple Threat yesterday. It's the All-Star one they wore for the HR Derby.

The Critic
08-04-2006, 11:57 AM
[quote=PalehosePlanet]

Sweet a red 70's Sox jersey has been on my list a long time.

I want the powder-blue road jersey.

My favorites from that era, beyond the obvious stars, were Brian Downing, Jorge Orta, Goose Gossage and Terry Forster. Any of those would be nice and obscure, but unless you can have the jersey custom-numbered, I doubt you'll find any of them pre-made.

whitesoxfan14
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I have a pods jersey the home one and i have the black crede t-shirt.

Elvisfan1977
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm going to order mine this week. It will either be Crede or AJ's. One question though... How do the sizes rank? Is a 44 the same as a medium?

hi im skot
08-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm going to order mine this week. It will either be Crede or AJ's. One question though... How do the sizes rank? Is a 44 the same as a medium?

44 is Large.
40 is Medium.

I wear size large t-shirts 95% of the time, and I've been happy with the size 44 jerseys.

If you have any doubts, however, try one on.

Hope that helps.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I have an old Frank Thomas pull-over batting practice jersey and a home white pinstriped authentic Konerko jersey (it has World Series beer spill stains on it from the Puffers pandemonia on the 26th).

The Dude
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Today was "The Dude".... tomorrow I may come out with something crazy for the hell of it that I haven't worn in a while. I may wear my new find 1916 road jersey. Hmmmmm

goofyjj
08-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I have a Rowand jersey I still wear to the games :D: as well as a Crede (road), Konerko and Pierzynski (replica). I have the white w/green stripes I still have to have a name put on but I can't decide who. :?:

shavo2k2
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I like the sport the Jose Conseco (just snitchin because he fiiiniiiiiish)