PDA

View Full Version : south side irish parade

irish rover
02-09-2002, 08:13 PM
for those interested the Sox play the chubs on 03/17(hopefully wearing green uni's) and the south side irish parade is also on the 17th

Dadawg_77
02-09-2002, 10:23 PM
And NCAA second round is taking place at the UC.

CerberusWG
02-09-2002, 11:14 PM
I'll be sure to attend that game! Have to celebarte my Irish Blood (last name Doyle, nuff said) by watching the Sox whip the scrubs!

CubKilla
02-11-2002, 11:01 PM
I'm hoping myself and a few Sox buds will be booting it up at the SS Irish parade while watching the Sox layeth the smacketh down on the lowly sCrUBS. Anyone else planning on making the trip down to Western Ave?

foulkesfan11
02-13-2002, 04:46 PM
I honestly HATE the Parade. Nothing against the Irish. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I just hate the fact that the whole South side goes to this thing and drinks all day. It's impossible to get anywhere and people are disrespectful to people's property all day & night. People don't go there to see the parade, they just think it's an excuse to drink all day. I can drink all day whenever & wherever I want without being a disgrace to the city!

Just my opinion. I will be listening to the game! GO SOX!

:kelly

irish rover
02-14-2002, 08:14 AM
lol, actually you can't blame the Irish so much. the people that live down there really get into the parade and usually have partys at thier homes. It is usually the non irish and people not from there that cause all the trouble

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I honestly HATE the Parade. Nothing against the Irish. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I just hate the fact that the whole South side goes to this thing and drinks all day. It's impossible to get anywhere and people are disrespectful to people's property all day & night. People don't go there to see the parade, they just think it's an excuse to drink all day. I can drink all day whenever & wherever I want without being a disgrace to the city!

Just my opinion. I will be listening to the game! GO SOX!

:kelly

Yup. that's what it's all about. I'm there dude! Good times on Western av. Lighten up. It's only one day. The rest of the drunk days they aren't so disrespectful. :smile:

duke of dorwood
02-14-2002, 11:01 AM
I havent gone in years, but what a chance for the Sox to get real visible on the South Side. Do they participate at all?

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I havent gone in years, but what a chance for the Sox to get real visible on the South Side. Do they participate at all?

Not that I know of, but that's a hell of an idea. It would be tough considering they are all in AZ. at the time though.

CubKilla
02-14-2002, 11:30 AM
I thought FOULKESFAN11 was describing a typical day on the northside at Wrigley Field but the words "parade" and "southside" threw me off.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Wow, what a great idea. The Sox need a tricked-out 4WD pick up truck to participate in these neighborhood festivals. Or better still, a Hummer! The South Side Irish Parade is an obvious choice, but there are promotional events to participate in around Chicago literally every weekend of the year. You could name it "The Big White Machine" like Ed Herrmann's hot rod from the 60's.

Why aren't they doing this? It's so cheap to do and gives the club so much visibility. It's GREAT P.R., too. You don't even need ballplayers to make it work. Just stick a few low-paid staffers on the back to wave to the crowd and pass out pocket schedules, key rings, or something. The truck can hold all the gear, and you can drive it anyplace it needs to go. Every radio station in Chicago has one of these vehicles, and they make appearances all year long at festivals, store grand openings, neighbhorhood parties, etcetera. This is a no-brainer!

:reinsy
"I might be able to fit the price of the Hummer into our budget if Sox Fans are willing to pay $5 more per ticket."

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 12:25 PM
:walnuts
"Hell yeah! lets do the western walk and roll every bar."

Konerkofan
02-14-2002, 12:55 PM
It's a yearly tradition to go to the Southside Irish parade and hang out with all of your friends and have a good time.

Hell, I'm not Irish, it's just a fun day where the party goes on all day!!!

Anywhere you go, there will be disrespectful people - you just ignore them and drink your beer!

I'd reccomend the parade to anyone who wants to have a good time with an enormous amount of people.

One tip: Get there early cause parking will be tight!

Cheers and see ya at the parade!!!

foulkesfan11
02-14-2002, 10:33 PM
CubsF'nblow, You are right, I must have been unconsciously been talking about the north side. ha ha ha.

I agree about the Sox being in the parade though. It would be nice. There's too many Scrub fans on the South side these days. I can't stand them.

Kitten, you know who you are, You have a lot more patience than me to go to that parade. I just don't like big crowds.