PDA

View Full Version : Watching Sox on DirecTV?

NP7776
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM
I am about to move and may get DirecTV because it's a lot cheaper than cable. I am wondering if it will keep me from seeing Sox games. The only place I specifically see Comcast Sports Chicago listed is with the most expensive package. It appears that there is a "sports package" I can add that has a channel 629 CSN and says like Home Town Sports. I am thinking this is Comcast SportsNet but I wondered if anyone can comfirm who already has it.

SOXfnNlansing
06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
If you're moving you will be able to get CSN by paying extra for the sports package, but the Sox game will be blacked out if you live outside the coverage area.

NP7776
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM
If you're moving you will be able to get CSN by paying extra for the sports package, but the Sox game will be blacked out if you live outside the coverage area.

Ok. Thats good to know. Nah I will still be in the coverage area. Just was worried I would get screwed out of seeing the game without paying like $100 a month fro cable.

SouthsideFathead
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM

and if that is the case you can get the 'MLB extra innings' package

Brian26
06-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I am about to move and may get DirecTV because it's a lot cheaper than cable. I am wondering if it will keep me from seeing Sox games. The only place I specifically see Comcast Sports Chicago listed is with the most expensive package. It appears that there is a "sports package" I can add that has a channel 629 CSN and says like Home Town Sports. I am thinking this is Comcast SportsNet but I wondered if anyone can comfirm who already has it.

Check that again w/ your provider. I believe CSN is included in most of the basic Directv packages now.

CLR01
06-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Check that again w/ your provider. I believe CSN is included in most of the basic Directv packages now.

I don't know about DirectTV but if he were to go with Dish Network CSN is include in the Americas top 60 plus ($39.99) and every package above.

**Listed under Direct TV's total choice package:

FOR SPORTS FANS

If you're into sports, we've got you covered. ESPN, ESPN2, Speed Channel and OLN are just the beginning of the great sports networks you'll enjoy. You'll also score your local regional sports network (where available).

I am pretty sure my buddy had the basic package and he had CSN.

Thome25
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Does anyone on the east coast know how I can get White Sox games on either dish network or Direct TV?

I don't want to get MLB TV on the computer because I would like to sit in my livingroom and watch a game not at my computer.

I can't get MLB extra innings on Comcast in my area because I called them and it isn't available where I live.

How are you east coast Sox fans catching games on the dish?

CRAW
06-27-2006, 09:57 AM
I live in Des Moines and we get CSN w/ Direct TV's basic package. I switched over when FSN either dropped the Sox, or the Sox dropped them. :tongue:

skottyj242
06-27-2006, 10:03 AM

Yes, I got Direct TV a year and a half ago and don't have the sports package but still get games on CSN.

roadrunner
06-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I have direct tv and all the games are shown. The main issue, however, is YOU CANNOT GET THE GAMES IN HD VIA DIRECT TV. Comcast shows all the home games in HD. You can't get the HD feed through direct tv.