PDA

View Full Version : Politte

sox1970
06-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Politte pitched two scoreless innings for Charlotte tonight. I would expect him back with Montero going down tomorrow.

Dan Mega
06-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Politte pitched two scoreless innings for Charlotte tonight. I would expect him back with Montero going down tomorrow.

The Dream will return!

oeo
06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
The Dream will return!

Hopefully he doesn't turn into a nightmare again.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
06-26-2006, 10:29 PM

cant be much worse than montero

jongarlandlover
06-26-2006, 10:31 PM

hopefully. hopefully being down in AAA helped him turn it around and he'll be ready to contribute in the bullpen again.

oeo
06-26-2006, 10:36 PM
hopefully. hopefully being down in AAA helped him turn it around and he'll be ready to contribute in the bullpen again.
Well, he was on the DL. He wasn't in AAA all this time, just a few rehab outings. Hopefully what he needed was those 15 days off. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

jongarlandlover
06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, he was on the DL. He wasn't in AAA all this time, just a few rehab outings. Hopefully what he needed was those 15 days off. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

right. i just meant that maybe pitching in AAA helped him a bit as did the mental time off.

southwstchi4life
06-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, my theory is he had to be hurt the last few games he pitched, so hopefully a healthy politite mean his fast ball is back in tact. Cause man it was not before.

Hitmen77
06-27-2006, 07:55 AM
I hope we get to see Cliff soon. Let's find out if Politte can function in the Sox bullpen before the trade deadline. If not, I hope KW pulls off another Riske-type trade. I don't want him to give up key prospects for an all-star. But trading another AAAA player for another serviceable reliever would be nice. I don't think Montero is the answer.

sox1970
06-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Don Cooper said this morning Politte would probably be back before the end of the week.

BainesHOF
06-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Well, my theory is he had to be hurt the last few games he pitched...

It's not a theory. It's an admitted fact.

Thome25
06-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I hope he comes back and is at least as good as he was back in 2004. I hope his injury doesn't turn out to be worse than what it is right now.

I want him to come back and dominate ML hitters the way I know he can. But, I don't want to get too excited that he's coming back yet because I keep tellin myself that he's pitching against AAA hitters.

Lip Man 1
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Part of Cliff's 'problem' is his nature and I don't think there is a lot you can do about it. He's high-strung and when he has a bad outing he takes it with him into the next one. He's already admitted that he's lost confidence which is the kiss of death for any athlete (especially at that level...)

I'm sure his arm injury was part of it, and that may be fixed, but what about his head?

We'll see.

Lip

rookieroy
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Part of Cliff's 'problem' is his nature and I don't think there is a lot you can do about it. He's high-strung and when he has a bad outing he takes it with him into the next one. He's already admitted that he's lost confidence which is the kiss of death for any athlete (especially at that level...)

I'm sure his arm injury was part of it, and that may be fixed, but what about his head?

We'll see.

Lip

Lip! I disagree. Most athletes(if not all) are competitive and I'm sure Cliff is certainly that. That competitive nature is what fuels the drive for an athlete to do better when they loose confidence. Cliff was hurt...not just pitching crappy because he is crappy. Thus, he lost some confidence because he was hurt. Let's not overexaggerate this because it is certainly not "the kiss of death for any athlete". Many athletes go through lousy stretches of play like Ichiro and Joe Mauer did the first 2 months this year. I don't think they lost confidence and now look at them! Plus, isn't there a "Comeback player of the year award"? I'm confident that Cliff will be fine.

Lip Man 1
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Rookie:

On more then one occasion Cliff has spoke about a 'lack of confidence,' Ozzie himself called him out over the comments.

Look I hope to hell he can return to something close to the form he displayed in 2005 as opposed to so far in 2006 as well as his earlier years, the Sox badly need another quality arm in the bullpen (and Montego Bay isn't it!) however if the Sox are smart, they aren't counting on this happening and are taking steps and making plans just in case.

Lip

kevin57
06-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I sure hope Politte returns to decent form when he returns to the roster, but I know the first time he's called in, my stomach will knot up.