PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg Perspective

kravdog
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06177/701258-87.stm

atleast this guy realizes that he is a piece of ****

PaulDrake
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I read Ron Cook for years. Shame on me, as he is truly a piece of **** columnist.

cleanwsox
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I think Mr. Cook should stick to writing about the losses of his lowly Pirates. You can't compare Rocker to Guillen at all. Rocker insulted minority groups directly which is a lot different then using a racial slur.

koz
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I left him a voice mail..I sure wish mariotti left his number.

Uncle_Patrick
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
It seems to me that sports journalists have made a bigger deal about this whole thing that most gay rights groups (the ones who would understandably feel the most offended) have. I have to wonder how many of these journalists are using this situation to vent their frustrations from all the times they were insulted and called *** by athletes and weren't able to report it.

JUribe1989
06-26-2006, 03:50 PM
I guess this is what you write about in Pittsburgh during a Pirates baseball season. What a sad state of sports in that city when it isn't football season.

Palehose13
06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
It seems to me that sports journalists have made a bigger deal about this whole thing that most gay rights groups (the ones who would understandably feel the most offended) have. I have to wonder how many of these journalists are using this situation to vent their frustrations from all the times they were insulted and called *** by athletes and weren't able to report it.

Yep. To be honest, I feel that the sports journalists are now exploiting gay rights groups, just to take pot shots at Guillen. I belong to several LGBT group and the Human Rights Campaign...I haven't gotten one e-mail form any of these groups in regards to Guillen's behavior. IMO, it's really a non-issue in the homosexual world, unless you are one of those people that just likes to constantly bitch (and all groups have some people like that).

I wish we could have pictures of those Sox fans at the pride parade last week.

fquaye149
06-26-2006, 04:15 PM

Yeah. No ****. I feel like Ozzie was in the wrong. But this chotch calls it an "unconscionable" slur?

GMAMFB.

Unfortunate slur? Absolutely. Offensive? No question. Stupid? Undoubtedly. Unconscionable? Well, let's just say that in a town where Boers and Bernstein (hardly justification, but nevertheless) call callers "retarded" regularly, it hardly seems a misdirected epithet should be considered un-freaking-conscionable.

Zisk77
06-26-2006, 04:20 PM
If I remember correctly Moronotti is a native of Pittsburgh. Prolly a lot of people in the business will defend him.

bigfoot
06-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Ron Cook sounds like he's mad that he has to attend the Pirate games/news conferences. Perhaps the paper can trade him to the KC radio station/s for those sport-talk yappers in a swap of wannabees?

The overriding question in KC and Pitt becomes......Who will have the least wins in MLB?

I guess you have to go to whatever extreme necessary in order to sell a Monday paper.

Parrothead
06-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Since when did "***" turn into the "f" word (a word you can't say? This stupidity amuses me.

DaveIsHere
06-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Yep. To be honest, I feel that the sports journalists are now exploiting gay rights groups, just to take pot shots at Guillen. I belong to several LGBT group and the Human Rights Campaign...I haven't gotten one e-mail form any of these groups in regards to Guillen's behavior. IMO, it's really a non-issue in the homosexual world, unless you are one of those people that just likes to constantly bitch (and all groups have some people like that).

I wish we could have pictures of those Sox fans at the pride parade last week.

How true is that!!!!! We all know that it was not a proper thing to say, it is offensive, but the only people that are getting upset are the journalists. Does that make it Right??? NO! But that is the point.

It is an offensive word, but people have been called worse. It is like if I call you an ******* do I offend everyone's bottoms? Can we move on and talk White Sox?!?!?!?

Rob Sox
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Ron Cook should stick telling the Pittsburgh Post Gazette readers why the Pirates stink.