PDA

View Full Version : North Side White Sox Bar?

awed81
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Anybody know of a north side White Sox bar I can watch the sox/cubs games at? i can't possibly be the only sox fan living north of the loop, can i?

Tokes
06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
i'll tell ya what. There is a kick ass bar really close to wrigley called the blarney stone on sheffield. about 3 blocks from wrigley. great little bar, great specials, and when i was in there there was sox fans. it is likeone of them bars for anyone to go to. not neccesarily a sox bar but not a cubs bar either. I say screw it though go to a cubs bar and have some fun.

Jose.Contreras
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Nope. I live 2 blocks from Wrigley Field. I don't care who as at the bars in the area. I go in there rooting for the White Sox and watching the games regardless. Besides, Cub fans are too disinterested in baseball to even care. They don't know what the hell is going on outside of Wrigleyville. And even then half of them still think Mark Grace is at first, Dunston is at short, Sandberg at second.

Go to Sluggers. I go there plenty with my friends. There about 5 or 6 of us that will cheer on the Sox in the bar.

Walker29
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I think any bar you go to this weekend will have a good collection of fans from both teams. I live on the Northside and can't tell you of any exclusive "White Sox Bars".

jenn2080
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
ya me too. there are quite a few bars that have Sox fans that work there but nothing is designated.

AuroraSoxFan
06-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Check out Duffy's. Pretty sizable Sox crowd in there for the last crosstown series.

Jose.Contreras
06-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Oh wait a minute. Are you talking about north side bars for sox games all season or for just this special weekend? Because if you're talking only this weekend then you can go anywhere and it will be fun. There will be plenty for both teams. But I expect more Sox fans than ever this season do to uor awesomeness and the Cubs patheticness. Yeah, those aren't real words but I swear that;s exactly how I'd describe the two teams right now.

Of cousre I'll be at the games at Wrigley so it doesn't matter to me. I got tix right behind homeplate, 2nd row for the friday game. I sit there every year for game 1 of this series at wrigley. I love watching myslef on the world series DVD when they show the highlights of the Frddy Garcia friday gem vs. the Cubs last season.

And then on Saturday I have tix through a friend of mine. He said we have to tone it down and not wear Sox gear because we're sitting with some big-wig Cubs people. HA! No Sox gear? No problem. I'll just wear my Steve Bartman Marlins Jersey. They are gonna HATE me. I love it.:D:

Dolanski
06-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Seven Ten Lounge, 2747 N. Lincoln Ave. I watched all the WS games there. It is a SOX bar (flags on the outside, food specials for Sox games) and the food is pretty decent. I recommend the mini corn dogs and the chili.

soxgirl617
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes, there are plenty of Sox fans on the north side! As for bars, another possibility is Union Park on Racine in the west loop. Sure, it's not technically north side, but it's also not south side. Great drink specials, TVs, and SOX FANS! Check it out at www.unionparkchicago.com (http://www.unionparkchicago.com).

jenn2080
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes, there are plenty of Sox fans on the north side! As for bars, another possibility is Union Park on Racine in the west loop. Sure, it's not technically north side, but it's also not south side. Great drink specials, TVs, and SOX FANS! Check it out at www.unionparkchicago.com. (http://www.unionparkchicago.com.)

I love that place. Spent the better part of the playoffs and the WS there. Awesome place.

sti3
06-26-2006, 12:40 PM
I've had a good time watching Sox games at Celtic Crown on Western. Great cheap food and beer too.

WWE Champion
06-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Finley Dunne's Tavern on Lincoln Avenue is a Sox bar. It's about a block or block-and-a-half north of the Paulina Brown Line stop on Lincoln. There was a huge celebration there last year.

AJTrenkle
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Someone should make an official Sox Bar on the Northside of the city, or market an existing bar as such. With the way things are going, it would make some financial sense.

jenn2080
06-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Finley Dunne's Tavern on Lincoln Avenue is a Sox bar. It's about a block or block-and-a-half north of the Paulina Brown Line stop on Lincoln. There was a huge celebration there last year.

I have suggested that numerous times. The staff is great there. The owner is a co workers relative. love that place.

Mixologist
06-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes, We at Duffy's LOVE the Sox.....

Yes there are cubs fans in as well but for the most part Sox fans are very very present here.

If anyone is interested in knowing our drink package send me a PM.

I figure I cant advertise right here but its a good one

Mixologist
06-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Also, as of late B. Mac, Mr. Jenks, N. Cotts, and B. A. have been stopping by....

kinda fun

Mixologist
06-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Hope they make the series somewhat interesting

MySoxAreClean
06-26-2006, 11:20 PM
I would suggest that all WSI soldiers that are going friday and over the weekend, INVADE ONE FAMOUS BAR FOR A WHITEsOX s FAN TAKEOVER! ANY IDEAS?

thometo
06-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I would suggest that all WSI soldiers that are going friday and over the weekend, INVADE ONE FAMOUS BAR FOR A WHITEsOX s FAN TAKEOVER! ANY IDEAS?

**** it, take over the Cubby Bear!

TaylorStSox
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
i'll tell ya what. There is a kick ass bar really close to wrigley called the blarney stone on sheffield. about 3 blocks from wrigley. great little bar, great specials, and when i was in there there was sox fans. it is likeone of them bars for anyone to go to. not neccesarily a sox bar but not a cubs bar either. I say screw it though go to a cubs bar and have some fun.

I'd say it's a Cubs bar, but the people are pretty fair. I go on Thursdays alot. When the Cubs don't have a home game, they have a $10 all you can drink PBR special.

I have some friends who live up north, so I hit some bars out there fairly frequently. I wear Sox gear on a regular basis and have never gotten any ****. I wouldn't worry about it.

MySoxAreClean
06-26-2006, 11:34 PM
**** it, take over the Cubby Bear!

THEN CUBBY BEAR IT IS!

WWE Champion
06-27-2006, 02:30 AM
If people want to show up en masse to the Cubby Bear, I'd definitely be there Friday.

Mixologist
06-27-2006, 03:13 AM
grrrrr......not Duffy's?:mad: :whiner: :mad:

we've got a parking lot for $3.50 for the duration of your stay

jenn2080
06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I think it is funny that all the bars in Chicago that the young Sox players go to Duffy's. That place is ridiculous.

WikdChiSoxFan
06-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Someone should make an official Sox Bar on the Northside of the city, or market an existing bar as such. With the way things are going, it would make some financial sense.

Done and Done... I'll call it "Diamond in the Rough"... Sox fans get 1 free beer for every article of clothing with the logo on it... Between regular games, I'll play historic ones... I'll have a batting cage and a speed pitch... and we'll retire numbers of patrons and players alike...

...right after my student loans

Max Power
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
grrrrr......not Duffy's?:mad: :whiner: :mad:

we've got a parking lot for $3.50 for the duration of your stay

I'll be out of town this weekend, but I second Duffy's as a great North side Sox bar. I watched game 4 of the WS there and it was wall-to-wall Sox fans. I had a great time- obviously. :D:

Deuce
06-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I think it is funny that all the bars in Chicago that the young Sox players go to Duffy's. That place is ridiculous.I disagree. Duffy's is one of the most Sox-friendly places in the northside (if not the friendliest). It seems natural to want to go there.

Deuce

skottyj242
06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
The Store on Halsted just north of Armitage is a big Sox bar. Know a guy who knows the owner and we went there after we won the ALCS and he gave us free champagne to spray all over each other.

areilly
06-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Times like these are when I miss Simply Ray's the most.

Jose.Contreras
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Mke it Sluggers, NOT the Cubby Bear. I'm telling you, the Sox fan invasion has aready begun there. I am there 2-3 times a week, myself.

ChiSox Fan 68
06-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Is it Duffy's on Diversey Parkway? We're going to the game on Friday but may hang out closer to Wrigley after the game since we are on foot. I don't think Duffy's is really walking distance but it may be worth a cab ride.

peeonwrigley
06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Is it Duffy's on Diversey Parkway? We're going to the game on Friday but may hang out closer to Wrigley after the game since we are on foot. I don't think Duffy's is really walking distance but it may be worth a cab ride.
Duffy's is on Diversey, pretty far east. Diversey and Sherdian/Lakeview.

Its a Sox friendly bar, I think I would like it more if it was not a blatant Michigan bar. That hurts it my and many of my friends' eyes. In fact its the reason I don't go much more often, too bad because I only live 2 blocks south of it.

Dolanski
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM

If you want a decent neutral bar near the park, go to Trace (Clark, near Racine). A lot of Sox fans, myself included, hang out there. I say neutral because its a favorite spot of the vendors after the games and most of them are Cubs fans.

Mixologist
06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Well, again just an FYI we will be having a great food/drink package during the games....

If interested let me know

NorthSideSox72
06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Lemming's, on Damen in Bucktown. It's about 3 blocks north of the Damen blue line stop. They have a chalkboard outside every game day with some sort of fun Sox theme stuff. Inside, its not at all a sports bar - kind of a dingy place, with a local, sometimes punk crowd. But any Sox game, its on there.

Mixologist
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Does it matter that we have 36 42" Flat panel screens and 2 large projection screens? Not a bad seat in the house if you ask me

Cheers:gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-27-2006, 04:23 PM

That would be my choice if I was in Wrigleyville during the series.

I may try to go to Sunday's game since there are no World Cup games that day.

jenn2080
06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I disagree. Duffy's is one of the most Sox-friendly places in the northside (if not the friendliest). It seems natural to want to go there.

Deuce

I guess. But that place is annoying. Sorry Mixologist I know you work there. I dont mind it during the week but on the weekends it turns into a prime spot for 21 yr olds to get hammered and not be able to walk. not that most of us have not been in that situation but I dont care to deal with it now.

batmanZoSo
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I love that place. Spent the better part of the playoffs and the WS there. Awesome place.

I work within a good walk from Union Park. I go there for lunch once in a while, they have surprisingly good food for the price. Never been at night though.

jenn2080
06-27-2006, 05:03 PM
I work within a good walk from Union Park. I go there for lunch once in a while, they have surprisingly good food for the price. Never been at night though.

i love that place. had my birthday party there. they have some of the best drink packages ive ever seen.

MySoxAreClean
06-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Well let the Moderator make a poll and we all pick , Come friday morning , the place with the most votes gets a WSI invasion Yes?:gulp:

JimmyJames
06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Had to put in my two cents here. My roommate and I ventured out to Tavish on Wrightwood & Wayne a couple years ago after a Sox game in Sox jerseys. Not only was the owner a Sox fan, he bought our first round and a round of shots because, "We don't get many Sox fans in here."

After that we had two more rounds and he bought our third. Just like some of the south side bars I hit.

If you're looking for a place that is Sox friendly, and not full of the drunk crowd, check this place out. Also, one of the best burgers in the city IMHO.

Mixologist
06-28-2006, 12:25 AM
I guess. But that place is annoying. Sorry Mixologist I know you work there. I dont mind it during the week but on the weekends it turns into a prime spot for 21 yr olds to get hammered and not be able to walk. not that most of us have not been in that situation but I dont care to deal with it now.

This is very true.....

BUT....

the games are in the afternoon

Big Bar and plenty of space for your own crowd

Mixologist
06-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Well let the Moderator make a poll and we all pick , Come friday morning , the place with the most votes gets a WSI invasion Yes?:gulp:

Love the idea

Mixologist
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Wheres the poll?

sachin
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
My brother does not use alcohol, but he has said that a very pleasant place to view a White Sox game is at Espn Zone. My brother and I have also viewed White Sox game at Woodlawn Tap if we cannot view the game on our television.

Mixologist
06-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Guess no one can make up their mind.....

:(: :angry:

Frankfan4life
06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
I love that place. Spent the better part of the playoffs and the WS there. Awesome place.Thanks for the tip. I live in the West Loop. I'll have to check it out.

Mixologist
06-30-2006, 04:23 AM
Anyone coming out?

jenn2080
06-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the tip. I live in the West Loop. I'll have to check it out.

Def check out Union Park. There is not a seat in the house you cant see a TV. The food is really good too.

twsoxfan5
07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
I was just driving on Wells and I went past the Fireplace Inn (on Wells just a couple blocks south or North Ave) and they had a banner that said "Home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox." I did not know this was a Sox bar before but it is worth checking out for us near north Sox fans. It is half restaurant and half bar and both are pretty nice.