PDA

View Full Version : Lot F?

skottyj242
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Okay, was anyone at the game last night parked in Lot F? I got down there at about 6:15 and there were a ton of people tailgating all up against the wall underneath the tracks. This is not unusual, what was unusual was the every single one of them had a Hummer. Not only there they were lined up against the fence in the South of the lot and clumped together throughout the lot. There had to have been at leat sixty or so. I have never seen anything like that before. Was anyone part of this? Was this like a "Hummer Club" meeting?

CommanderPudge72
06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Yep, I was there....big collection of Hummers. Most of them seemed to be from one dealer...maybe a company outing or convention.

GO...GO...GUCH!!!!

bobwsx
06-26-2006, 11:48 AM
hummer gave out free tickets to anyone who bought one this year.

itsnotrequired
06-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Yesterday was the first game that I drove to and parked in a lot (Lot F). I was thinking to myself "Does this happen every game?"

INSox56
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
hummer gave out free tickets to anyone who bought one this year.

I'll confirm that. My girlfriend works with a girl that got that deal.

skottyj242
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll confirm that. My girlfriend works with a girl that got that deal.

Yeah but they all got there at the same time and parked along the same area? It was weird.

INSox56
06-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah I found it a little odd as well. You'd think they'd just get a parking voucher and go wherever...Personally I'd say it's the biggest collection of idiots in one place (woohoo for my 7mpg automobile)

bludupree
06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Personally I'd say it's the biggest collection of idiots in one place (woohoo for my 7mpg automobile)

So what...if you buy one everbody else will be jealous of you since you are rich enough to drive a gas guzzling tank around the steets of one of the most crowded cities in the world.

itsnotrequired
06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
So what...if you buy one everbody else will be jealous of you since you are rich enough to drive a gas guzzling tank around the steets of one of the most crowded cities in the world.

I know I'm jealous of every Hummer I see on the road.

:rolleyes:

mcg
06-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I've tailgated in F before and they always seem to direct the big SUV's and pick-up trucks to park along the tracks. I think they try to do the same thing in G too. I'm not sure why though. I guess it's easier to make rows of similar sized vehicles.

MrRoboto83
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
There were like a bunch of Jeep Wranglers lined up in a row in that lot on Thursdays Cardinal game.

Soxfanspcu11
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
I've tailgated in F before and they always seem to direct the big SUV's and pick-up trucks to park along the tracks. I think they try to do the same thing in G too. I'm not sure why though. I guess it's easier to make rows of similar sized vehicles.

Yeah, they do the same thing in G. I asked a parking lot guy about it once and he said it was because drivers of larger vehicles don't know how to park correctly.

He said that because a lot of the "bigger" vehicles are things like Hummers and Escalade's and such, that cost a lot of $$$, that the owners refuse to park close enough to the other cars. That, added to the fact that the things are so huge in the first place, is the reason that they put them along the tracks and fences. He said if they put them in the rows with the regular cars, they would lose something like 7 parking spots per row.

And as an aside, I was wondering what the deal was with all the Hummer's yesterday, thanks for the info!

Edward
06-26-2006, 05:34 PM
I also saw several Hummers in the same area for the Jays series a couple months ago, never really thought anything of it until now.

ILuvThatDuck
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Hummer party in the Terrace Suite. Parking passes included for lot F. A friend of mine called me with extra tickets, I couldnt make it. I'm kicking myself about it now.

Law11
06-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I noticed all the Hummers now it makes sense.
I was lucky enough to be in lot D by the scout parking...

Actually I get out of lot e/f much easier then D.
ALL the poeple leaving the game make it an experinece trying to drive out of lot D.