PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Tattoo Ideas

Thome25
06-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I was seriously thinking about getting a White Sox tattoo on my left arm and I was trying to decide on a design for one.

I figured I would ask the Greatest White Sox fans in the world their ideas for a White Sox tattoo.

Right now all the only idea I have is the current S-O-X logo traced in silver and black. Does anyone have any Sox tattoos already? Can you describe the design in this thread? Also, is anyone an artist who might have a great idea for one?

I would appreciate any ideas that are posted here. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

LuvSox
06-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Tattoo your whole face so you look like Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Soxfanspcu11
06-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I have the exact one that you are talking about on my left arm, above the elbow.

It's about 4 inches "tall" and looks EXACTLY like the Sox logo on hats and stuff.

My advice would be to get one!:bandance:

itsnotrequired
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Stay away from silver, gray or white ink. It fades quickly.

Stick with solid black and black shading.

Rgilliam32
06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7679/101214996wa.jpg

Id definatly go with this one!!

Jaffar
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll state first that I don't have any tats but my personal opinion is if you have to ask somebody's opinion about something like a tattoo that you might be better off not getting one. It's going to be on YOUR body forever (unless you have it painfully and expensively removed) so you shouldn't care what other people think.

Edit - I guess I jumped to conclusions a little bit and missed that you are looking for ideas. I have no ideas but I'll stick to my stance.

chidonez
06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Tattoo your whole face so you look like Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Ooh, that's funny. :rolling:

paciorek1983
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Is this tattoo phase ever going to end?

soxfanreggie
06-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Worst is the girls with the " 'rear-end' caps" as I have heard them called. That is an area that you do not want a tattoo in. However, once the next generation sees what they look like when a person is older, they might not get them.

As a guy, it's slightly different. We aren't likely to tattoo our lower back or hips or the back of our shoulder like girls. If you're going to get a Sox tattoo, the place might already have some designs. If not, take a nice amount of time to compile some drawings. It will be worth the wait to make sure it's THE one you want.

SoxEd
06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
To (partially) echo what Jaffar said, if I were you I'd make damned sure that I was certain about the design I wanted, before getting it tattooed on to me.

When I was at Uni, and thinking of getting a tattoo, I decided that I would go with a design if I stayed 'set' on it for three months.

My inability to like the same design for even a period as short as this is what prevented me from ever 'getting ink done'.

Then again, that's me, and I'm a notorious (male) flibbertigibbet.
You're probably much less irresolute than I am.

Still, I think that it would be sensible to make sure you wanted the same design for some time, before you get it permanently etched on to your body.

E.g. A friend of mine got a massive picture done when he was eighteen - it covers his entire upper right arm.
He has regretted it ever since.

You also need to remember that pretty much all ink fades - e.g. black will go blue over time.

Back to the topic at hand - I also like the Old English S-o-x logo, but what about getting the white sock on a black diamond done?

You could replicate the upper left arm sleeve patch on the Road (and the Home Black Alternate) Unis.

If you're Caucasian, you only need use black ink, because your skin can be 'used' as the white on the design.

Just my $0.02...

SoxEd
06-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Worst is the girls with the " 'rear-end' caps" as I have heard them called. That is an area that you do not want a tattoo in. However, once the next generation sees what they look like when a person is older, they might not get them.

I have heard folks explain that there is an important chakra under that spot on one's lower back - and so having a design on it might persuade a partner to spend more time stimulating that area, resulting in a more enjoyable 'indoor jogging' experience.

Still, I'm no Tantrist, so whaddo I know?

Zisk77
06-26-2006, 10:36 PM
As Charles Emerson Winchester the III once said in MASH. Why would people have something painted on their bodies that they wouldn't be caught dead with on their walls? :rolleyes:

IlliniSox4Life
06-26-2006, 10:50 PM
I have heard folks explain that there is an important chakra under that spot on one's lower back - and so having a design on it might persuade a partner to spend more time stimulating that area, resulting in a more enjoyable 'indoor jogging' experience.

Still, I'm no Tantrist, so whaddo I know?

I always heard the reasoning for "tramp stamps" is that the lower back is one of the few areas that wont grow (at least a lot) if a woman who had one were to get pregnant. In other words, they at least realize that if the get something tattooed on certain parts of their body and then get pregnant, it will look awful. But I could be way off.

TaylorStSox
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm working on a 1/2 sleeve that's dedicated to Chicago, alot of which is based around the Sox. I'll post a pic when it's finished.

Nellie_Fox
06-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Id definatly go with this one!!This needs both the teal police and Kittle42.

HerzogVon
06-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Tattoo ideas, eh? How about tandem portraits of Lumpy and The Beaver - ( Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn ) - on each biceps? Seriously, when I was growing up, tattoos were the province of drunken sailors and former SS men. In other words, you wouldn't want you sister to mary one. Besides, if you ever do wind up getting in trouble, those ink-soaked decorations will only make it that much easier for the Gendarmes to track you down and corral you. Better to stick with the water soluble ones you just lick and stick on.
Question: How does one get paragraphs to separate here? Everytime I try to post, everything just ends up running into one, long blob.

HerzogVon
06-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Well, it happened again! Even went so far as to edit and put paragraph indicators in, but that didn't work. ( Neither did changing the second "stick" to "slap". ) Maybe I'll just skip the preview this time and live dangerously?Sorry to bother all you nice people with a bunch of technical garbage, but I have been on other forums. This one is proving to be a tougher nut to crack.

C-Dawg
06-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Question: How does one get paragraphs to separate here? Everytime I try to post, everything just ends up running into one, long blob.

The "Enter" key and the space bar are your friends! :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Get a giant bust of Ozzie's face yelling and with spit flying out of his mouth. You can get some crazy symbols next to his face @!%&* to indicate some swearing.

EdHerman12
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
My neighbor across the street has the current Sox hat logo in all black on the left arm and it looks pretty cool. I want to get one....but I'm not up for the pain aspect,and many are right in that it's for keeps once it's on. I think the lick and stick ones look just as cool....and a lot less painful!

GO SOX!

MUScholar21
06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Ed - it doesn't hurt much, depending on where you get it.

I've thought about getting a Sox one, but just can't be sure of it. The one thing that stops me from it is that if I had gotten one in 1990, and Reinsdorf actually did move the team to St. Petersburg, I'd probably have to consider chopping my damn arm off. Scenarios like this make me leary of doing a team-related tattoo.

I got my first when I was 22, and had wanted it since I was 16 or so. I absolutely agree - make sure it is something you cannot fathom being unhappy with down the road. You can get them removed, but its EXTREMELY painful, from what I've heard.