PDA

View Full Version : Worst FA signings in 2004-2005 class

caulfield12
06-25-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/0618bbinscol0618.html

Lucky KW had the Midas Touch, some of those guys (like Ortiz, J.Wright, Pavano, Milton, P. Wilson) would have been disasters for the Sox, possibly causing the team to be non-competitive and forcing another fire sale like 2002 or 1997-98.

Luke
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Those are some bad signings. I'll admit that I was really hoping the Sox would sign Wright or Clement. Boy, was I ever in the wrong on those.

Thome25
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Remember, Clement was on Kenny's radar before he turned down the White Sox and ended up signing with the Blow Sawx.

Kenny then turned to El Duque and the rest is history.

Thank God Abraham Lincoln (Clement) decided to sign with Boston instead of us. Who knows where the team would've been with him instead of Duque.

chaerulez
06-27-2006, 12:28 PM
The Cubs actually got rewarded for being cheap, I thought they were real stupid for not matching Clement's 3 year 24 million deal, feeling in this day and age you have to pay 8 million a year for a third starter. Either the Cubs are getting lucky for being cheap or they knew Clement sucked.

WizardsofOzzie
06-27-2006, 01:24 PM
The Cubs actually got rewarded for being cheap, I thought they were real stupid for not matching Clement's 3 year 24 million deal, feeling in this day and age you have to pay 8 million a year for a third starter. Either the Cubs are getting lucky for being cheap or they knew Clement sucked.

Im going with being lucky considering they couldn't possibly know he sucked. I mean hey, they didn't know Wood, Prior, Patterson, Sosa, etc sucked :smile:

spiffie
06-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Im going with being lucky considering they couldn't possibly know he sucked. I mean hey, they didn't know Wood, Prior, Patterson, Sosa, etc sucked :smile:
It is looking more and more like Patterson sucking a was a direct result of his environment.

SoxSpeed22
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
It is looking more and more like Patterson sucking a was a direct result of his environment.That gets more true by the day, trying to get him to be something he's not didn't work, and I'm sure all that booing didn't help either.

Ol' No. 2
06-27-2006, 04:54 PM
The Cubs actually got rewarded for being cheap, I thought they were real stupid for not matching Clement's 3 year 24 million deal, feeling in this day and age you have to pay 8 million a year for a third starter. Either the Cubs are getting lucky for being cheap or they knew Clement sucked.Clement would be looking a lot better if he was still pitching in the NL.

SABRSox
06-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Clement would be looking a lot better if he was still pitching in the NL.

True, but if he were still pitching for the Cubs, his arm would have fallen off long ago.

fquaye149
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Remember, Clement was on Kenny's radar before he turned down the White Sox and ended up signing with the Blow Sawx.

Kenny then turned to El Duque and the rest is history.

Thank God Abraham Lincoln (Clement) decided to sign with Boston instead of us. Who knows where the team would've been with him instead of Duque.

Well...I mean, and not to try to rewrite history, but if Clement pitches here, he probably doesn't take that nasty skullshot that pretty much was the point at which his pitching started going downhill last year.

Not saying, but I'm saying.

dickallen15
06-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Sometimes its a good thing to be lucky. KW originally wanted Kendall to be his catcher. He was close to signing Wright. He made a run at Clement. If any of those came to fruition, the Sox probably don't win it all last year.