PDA

View Full Version : Marlins vs. Yankees on ESPN?

NDSox12
06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm watching the World Cup match and they just had a promo for Sunday Night Baseball. They mentioned that the East Coast would see the Marlins and Yankees while the rest of the country gets the Sox game. Can anyone confirm that? That would be terrible for me and the second straight game I would not be able to see.

sox1970
06-25-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm watching the World Cup match and they just had a promo for Sunday Night Baseball. They mentioned that the East Coast would see the Marlins and Yankees while the rest of the country gets the Sox game. Can anyone confirm that? That would be terrible for me and the second straight game I would not be able to see.

Yeah, looks like you're screwed.

Fenway
06-25-2006, 03:55 PM
that is correct they sent the switching orders this morning

HotelWhiteSox
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
How lame is that?

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 04:00 PM

My sympathy. That sucks. Even though it won't--at least it better not!--affect me out here in the "rest of the country", aka the part that nobody who is anybody gives a **** about, I will be sending an e-mail to Espn about how outrageous this is.

Not that it will do the least damn good!

And I'm not sure that should be teal.

SOXintheBURGH
06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
The menu on my cable here in Pittsburgh is showing Sox vs Stroh's but I bet they're gonna screw me.

cbrownson13
06-25-2006, 04:11 PM
The Yankees and Marlins already played today.

zmz723
06-25-2006, 04:12 PM
The Yankees and Marlins already played today.

doubleheader, thats why there is two night games today

NDSox12
06-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Great... so now I get to see the Yankees facing some pitcher making his MLB debut instead of the World Series rematch and Oswalt vs. Vazquez. Maybe if the Yankees put up a ten spot in the first inning they will be compelled to switch over, but I'd hate to root for that to happen.

Shoeless_Jim
06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
that sucks

Pequod
06-25-2006, 04:17 PM
NOOOO! :angry:

Tekk
06-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Ugh, I'm so tired of the Yankees. :mad:

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Do they still have that ombudsman guy? Haven't seen anything on him lately, so I'm thinking "he gawn."

TDog
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
This looks like a practical decision by ESPN for a couple of reasons, which have nothing to do with disrespecting the Sox.

Apparently, there is a threat of rain tonight. Opening night rain caused a problem with game coverage. Because the Yankees were rained out Saturday, a night game was added to finish the weekend series, providing ESPN with a backup game.

I also believe the Yankees are prohibited from broadcasting on Sunday night because ESPN has exclusive rights. ESPN can step in and do the game, getting better numbers in and around New York for a Yankees game than they would for a Sox-Astros game.

Because I work Sunday nights, I can't even follow tonight's Sox game on the Internet. I would have preferred it if ESPN had kept the Sox game as a day game and moved the Yankees game to Sunday night to begin with.

Unregistered
06-25-2006, 04:39 PM
For those with MLB.TV, I recall several occasions where I was able to watch the game on my computer and on ESPN simultaneously. Apparently they don't get blacked out when they're shown on ESPN, even if it's a national broadcast. I'm crossing my fingers for that still being the case tonight...

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 04:42 PM
For those with MLB.TV, I recall several occasions where I was able to watch the game on my computer and on ESPN simultaneously. Apparently they don't get blacked out when they're shown on ESPN, even if it's a national broadcast. I'm crossing my fingers for that still being the case tonight...

That's a good suggestion. And if that is the case, it would probably be worth it for you guys who don't have MLB.tv to consider picking up tonight's game (of course waiting until you're sure it's not blacked out). I think a single game is under $5.

I know, it's kind of raw that you're already paying for cable and now you have to pay again, but if the alternative is missing two straight Sox games....

NDSox12
06-25-2006, 04:50 PM
That's a good suggestion. And if that is the case, it would probably be worth it for you guys who don't have MLB.tv to consider picking up tonight's game (of course waiting until you're sure it's not blacked out). I think a single game is under $5.

Unfortunately, MLB.tv doesn't offer a single game or even a daily rate. The only options are full season or a single month. I have MLB Extra Innings on digital cable, so there is usually no need for me to have MLB.tv.

However, coincidentally, I did sign up for it this month because I was out of town for a while a few weeks ago and figured I would watch a couple games on my laptop from the hotel (which I did). So there is still some hope for me tonight!

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately, MLB.tv doesn't offer a single game or even a daily rate. The only options are full season or a single month. I have MLB Extra Innings on digital cable, so there is usually no need for me to have MLB.tv.

However, coincidentally, I did sign up for it this month because I was out of town for a while a few weeks ago and figured I would watch a couple games on my laptop from the hotel (which I did). So there is still some hope for me tonight!

Oh, you're right. My bad. I automatically sign up for the full year because I work at home and so am on my computer a lot. I really think it's worth the money, although I also think MLB.TV subscribers should be able to get the Fox games, but that's beyond my--and apparently every mortal's--control.

So good luck! I hope you can get the game.

Paulwny
06-25-2006, 06:27 PM
So, yesterday the rain stops in Beantown and I receive their game instead of the sox, but wait, the yankmee game is cancelled yesterday allowing me to receive their make-up game tonight. :angry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lovers live longer.
Lovers live right.
Lovers get crazy.
Deep in the night.
Lovers live longer,
So let's stay together.
'Cause the way that we're going,
We might live forever
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDSox12
06-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I got the dreaded "national TV blackout" message when trying to bring up MLB.TV just now, so it looks like I'm stuck listening to Farmer and Singleton again today.

markopat
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
My sympathy. That sucks. Even though it won't--at least it better not!--affect me out here in the "rest of the country", aka the part that nobody who is anybody gives a **** about, I will be sending an e-mail to Espn about how outrageous this is.

Not that it will do the least damn good!

And I'm not sure that should be teal.

We got jacked yesterday with the SF/A's Game Mary...

Marko

markopat
06-25-2006, 06:33 PM
regarding Mary Swiss and MLB-TV...

I have MLB-TV and I am betting that the game will be a National Black-Out because ESPN has the game tonight...That's how I got jacked from watching the game yesterday too!

If you can't get the game...Jump on the WSI Chat and you have great people like awesomefan that pretty much give a pitch-by-pitch. Great people in that Chat!!! SAVED me yesterday!! LET'S GO SOX!!!

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
We got jacked yesterday wit the SF/A's Game Mary...

Marko

We sure did, Marko. But I pity the poor East Coast Sox fans; they got jacked yesterday and are about to get jacked again today.

BTW, did you get to Salerno's of Berwyn in Gilbert yet? If so, what did you think? I'm going to be out that way on Tuesday, and I'm thinking I'll pick up a thin-crust, for comparison purposes. The regular--the one they call "thick-crust"--was yummy, but we need to explore all options. :smile:

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
regarding Mary Swiss and MLB-TV...

I have MLB-TV and I am betting that the game will be a National Black-Out because ESPN has the game tonight...That's how I got jacked from watching the game yesterday too!

If you can't get the game...Jump on the WSI Chat and you have great people like awesomefan that pretty much give a pitch-by-pitch. Great people in that Chat!!! SAVED me yesterday!! LET'S GO SOX!!!

Good to know! I will keep that in mind. But us Arizonans are probably okay for tonight.

delben91
06-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Awesome.

My only hope is that living so close to NYC that perhaps both games will be blacked out and I can stare at a blank screen rather than suffer through a Yankees/Marlins game.

But gosh, why wouldn't I want to see the Yankees? Everyone wants to see them!!!

Idiots.

Paulwny
06-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Awesome.

My only hope is that living so close to NYC that perhaps both games will be blacked out and I can stare at a blank screen rather than suffer through a Yankees/Marlins game.

But gosh, why wouldn't I want to see the Yankees? Everyone wants to see them!!!

Idiots.

Fear not, just because their day game was carried on the YES Net we won't deprive you from seeing the night game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
She's the womb that you left and she's the pride that you kept
She's the innocence that you left back in your youth
She's the poems that you read she's the mouth that you feed
And she's the holy and she's truth

NDSox12
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Sweet! Sox game is on for me here in NoVa!

delben91
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Fear not, just because their day game was carried on the YES Net we won't deprive you from seeing the night game.

Well, good excuse to do some laundry tonight.

****ing ESPN.

chaotic8512
06-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Honestly, who cares about the Marlins here in Northern Florida? Everything south of Orlando is really another state!

Oh wait, that's right, it's probably due to the annoyingly large contingency of Yankees fans due to ST camp being near Tampa and all the damned snowbirds.

Screw you, ESPN, MLB.tv, and Bud Selig. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Racehorse
06-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Sweet! Sox game is on for me here in NoVa!

As I read your thread-starter, ESPN was saying Astros vs Sox or Marlins vs Yankees and immediately braced for the worst... Sox on for me down here, too.

Kogs35
06-25-2006, 07:09 PM
im in nj and got the sox game on directv no yankee game here

delben91
06-25-2006, 07:10 PM
im in nj and got the sox game on directv no yankee game here

Comcast has the Yankees...

hula
06-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Totally sucks! I've been looking forward to this all day since last night's game was not broadcast on the MLB cable package. Crap! :angry:

Fenway
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
BTW the turnstyle count at Yankee Stadium last night was 6,000 out of 54,000 tickets sold.

palehozenychicty
06-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Great... so now I get to see the Yankees facing some pitcher making his MLB debut instead of the World Series rematch and Oswalt vs. Vazquez. Maybe if the Yankees put up a ten spot in the first inning they will be compelled to switch over, but I'd hate to root for that to happen.

RRRight..

And the British will switch the currency to the Euro from the pound. :redneck

ewokpelts
06-26-2006, 07:33 PM
BTW the turnstyle count at Yankee Stadium last night was 6,000 out of 54,000 tickets sold.they didnt honor the tickets from saturday's game?