PDA

View Full Version : Julio Lugo to the Sox??

Whitesox4ever
06-25-2006, 02:20 PM
From St Petersburg Times

Plus, it wouldn't be fair to Lugo, who is headed toward big-bucks free agency, to be reduced to part-time duty. The Blue Jays, Red Sox, White Sox and A's (pending the health of Bobby Crosby) have interest in Lugo, as do the Mets, though as a second baseman. Lugo, who makes $4.95-million this season, has given up trying to figure out what will happen.

SOXintheBURGH
06-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Uh.. no.

Droso5
06-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Im with 'Burgh. No need to have him on the Pale Hose. This team is clicking on ell 12 cylinders right now and there is no need to potentially upset the balance and chemistry they have .

Viva Medias B's
06-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lugo as an Astro get in trouble with the law regarding domestic violence issues? Granted, it may have been a long time ago. However, with all the Ozzie controversy going on, this is not what we need.

mccoydp
06-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lugo as an Astro get in trouble with the law regarding domestic violence issues? Granted, it may have been a long time ago. However, with all the Ozzie controversy going on, this is not what we need.
You're right, he did...just a few years ago.

daveeym
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
I wonder why the sox are listed in a bunch of these trade rumors. The only thing I could see is that they're thinking the sox would make a trade to block another team. That doesn't happen as often as it used to 15-25 years ago. I can't even remember the last time a team blocked a trade in this fashion.

BeeBeeRichard
06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Wasn't the second R. Alomar acquisition a move to block the Twins from getting him?

Daver
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Wasn't the second R. Alomar acquisition a move to block the Twins from getting him?

No, it was to get a second baseman that could field the position, and provide a bit of offense, an improvement over Willie Harris.

BeeBeeRichard
06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
No, it was to get a second baseman that could field the position, and provide a bit of offense, an improvement over Willie Harris.
That worked out well

getonbckthr
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
That worked out well
So does this:tealtutor:

soxfan13
06-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I wonder why the sox are listed in a bunch of these trade rumors. The only thing I could see is that they're thinking the sox would make a trade to block another team. That doesn't happen as often as it used to 15-25 years ago. I can't even remember the last time a team blocked a trade in this fashion.

The Sox will be mentioned in almost every trade rumor out there because of them being in contention and the increase in the payroll.:smile:

dickallen15
06-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Where would he play? I hope KW has enough sense to keep wife beaters off the roster.

daveeym
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
The Sox will be mentioned in almost every trade rumor out there because of them being in contention and the increase in the payroll.:smile: Yeah but the yankees seem to be about the only team with payroll to waste on blocking trades. The Sox wouldn't waste money on a guy like that and they wouldn't risk chemistry by forcing a legitimate starter to the bench and pissing him off.

bennyw41
06-26-2006, 11:35 AM
You're right, he did...just a few years ago.

He got cut from the Astros prematurely, because the charges were dropped and I believe his wife issued an apology.

soxfan13
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah but the yankees seem to be about the only team with payroll to waste on blocking trades. The Sox wouldn't waste money on a guy like that and they wouldn't risk chemistry by forcing a legitimate starter to the bench and pissing him off.

Oh I know Just saying every trade rumor out there the Sox will be mentioned:smile:

Tragg
06-27-2006, 10:50 PM
For goodness sakes. Lugo?

Give me a break.

Let's kill our defense...super idea.
Just think if we had made one of these blockbuster midseason deals last year....no Crede, no Contreras0, maybe no McCarthy, but we MAY have AJ Burnett if we had signed him and if he weren't on his favorite spot, the disabled list. And we'd be 7 or 8 games behind the Tigers.

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
:hawk

"Where's he gonna play?"

BadBobbyJenks
06-28-2006, 12:17 AM
If Riske works out our team has no holes. Uribe has been hitting lately, I expect him to be near his 252 from last year. When this happens no one will care what brian is doing.

People enjoy this amazing team, we dont need no tejada, no lugo, no andruw jones, no griffey....

Maybe Im drinking too much koolaid but I have zero worries about this team

34 Inch Stick
06-28-2006, 11:21 AM
The Sox have two potential starters at shortstop. They have two starters and a third capable backup at second. They have up to three starters at third and a capable backup.

Infield is fully covered.