PDA

View Full Version : Any good place to eat near the urinal with kids?

chidavid18
06-25-2006, 09:53 AM
I have a 13 year old going with me to see cubas sox on the 1. Is there any place that I can take him to eat before or after that game on the north side that is not a bar? Thanks alot and go Sox.

TaquitoElGoocho
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
There are some good recommendations in this thread: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67011

LongLiveFisk
06-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I think I'd stick with Taco Bell, right across the street west from the park on Addison. :redneck

JohnBasedowYoda
06-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Wrigleyville dogs is pretty good. Standard hot dog stand fare, decent fries and dogs. They rape you on the drinks though.

DrummerGeorgefan
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Over on Southport (about 4 blocks west) there is a Potbellys Sandwich place, D'Agostinos Pizza Parlor (southport/addison) and and some other bar restaurants. Even during game days, southport seems clear of all the lunacy, even the bars

jenn2080
06-25-2006, 07:34 PM
not much over there...for kids except some pizza place no clark south of addison on the west side of clark. id stick with wrigley dogs

Wsoxmike59
06-25-2006, 08:22 PM
There's a place right next door to the Cubby Bear (I think it's called Ivy's) I went there once through work and the place was awesome. Great food, reasonable prices.

Get there early on game day.

Nellie_Fox
06-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I try to stay out of that neighborhood. Too much crime.:wink:

Frater Perdurabo
06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
I try to stay out of that neighborhood. Too much crime.:wink:

Agreed. It's no place to bring children. Seriously, someone might as well bring kids to a singles' bar.
:?:

I'd get out of the neighborhood as quickly as possible after the game. There's bound to be a ton of drunk, angry Cubs fans after the Sox spank them.
:D:

ondafarm
06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
My favorite Japanese restaurant (in Chicago) is just south of Wrigley. It's on Clark called Matsuya. Good food and very reasonable prices.

Dan Mega
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Pompei down on Sheffield and Wellington.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Pompei down on Sheffield and Wellington.

I second and third Pompei. It is a six block walk south from Wrigley. They have zoned parking there as well (I don't know how you plan on getting to / from the game & restaurant) but if you are taking the El the Wellington Brown Line Stop is right at the restaurant (to your left when you exit).

They serve Italian food in a casual atmosphere which will cost $5 - $10 bucks depending on what you get.

Two sub shops - Capt. Nemos is on Ashland (4 blocks West of Wrigley) between Addison and Waveland.

Another is on Addison and Western (Hero's). That intersection also has Big Boy Gyros on the SE Corner just past the Popeyes.

Taco Burrito House on the corner of Addison and Lincoln on the SE corner just past the Dunkin Donuts is also good - much better than the Taco Burrito Kings near my new house. :(:

I guess you are looking for something casual like the places I referred to above. I lived in the neighborhood for several years and I never went wrong at any of them. If you are looking for something more formal or for different food let me know.

Foulke You
06-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Two sub shops - Capt. Nemos is on Ashland (4 blocks West of Wrigley) between Addison and Waveland.

mmmm....I love Capt'n Nemos! Now I got a taste for a roast beef and provolone!! Thanks SouthSide.:D:

There is also a good Chinese place on Western near Addison called "#1 Chop Suey". There isn't a ton of room to sit down and eat but they give you a ton of food for cheap and it is pretty tasty.

spiffie
06-26-2006, 02:35 AM
If you walk straight down Sheffield 4 blocks from there you will find Leona's, and also Pizza Capri, both of which are decent places with food your kid should like.

2 blocks north of the park is Uncommon Ground which has some good, albeit pricey food. The good thing is that it generally avoids the gameday madness as it is more of an upscale coffee house than a bar.

PatK
06-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Walk north on Sheffield until you get to Iriving Park Road, then go left.

There's a pizza place called Fornello which I highly recommend. It's on the South side of Irving Park.

twentywontowin
06-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Just take him to Bacci's right there on Addison next to the El station. Can't go wrong with a gigantic slice of pepperoni.

MeteorsSox4367
06-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Pompei is excellent as is D'Agostino's Pizza on Southport. A co-worker lives up that way and we've had food from D'Agostino's. Really good thin-crust pizza.

Chip Z'nuff
06-27-2006, 01:05 PM
White Castle, at Addison and Kedzie, a remote lot is located a couple blocks away and will shuttle you in and out as well.