PDA

View Full Version : world series game 2 flashback

Shoeless_Jim
06-24-2006, 11:36 PM
that Crede grand slam against the ASTROS tonight reminded me of the world series game 2 aka best game ever.

do you think so?

Sox of White
06-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Farmer called it on the radio. And it was eerily accurate, and definitely reminded me of the World Series. Qualls comes in, first pitch, grand slam.

cheeses_h_rice
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Let's see...

-same pitcher
-same ballpark
-same count
-same result

Yep, pretty similar...

:gulp:

Timmy D's
06-24-2006, 11:40 PM
I sure enjoyed todays weather more of the 2. :bandance:

itsnotrequired
06-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Farmer called it on the radio. And it was eerily accurate, and definitely reminded me of the World Series. Qualls comes in, first pitch, grand slam.

Farmer calling a home run? Shocking!

Pretty easy to do when he announces that every player could hit a homer...

Chips
06-24-2006, 11:45 PM

Sometimes Farmer calls for a Thome home run when Iguchi is batting.

slobes
06-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I will admit that game 2 of last year's WS was the greatest game ever. I just rewatched it the other night; it gave me massive goosebumps.

ChiSoxFan7
06-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I will admit that game 2 of last year's WS was the greatest game ever. I just rewatched it the other night; it gave me massive goosebumps.

i was there. simply amazing....Pods HR 15 rows infront of me...i couldn't believe it. but yeah i thought the same thing when he came in and when it happened i thought the crack was just PK in a replay then i saw it was a day game and was like WOAH! WAY TO GO JOE!

Chisox003
06-25-2006, 12:09 AM
By far the best game I've ever been to, also.

In Konerko's slam, look at the very top of the screen (top of the section). You should see 2 vendors jumping around twirling their arms.

I was excited :redface:

Today, Crede's slam...the whole ****ing stadium shook. It was unreal.

MHOUSE
06-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Crede's blast was awesome. I wasn't at Game 2, but it felt like the world was shaking through my television when that ball landed in the seats. I just got goosebumps typing that last sentence. eerie.....

"This place is up for grabs!" - Farmio

You'd think Qualls would have learned his lesson. Most pitchers want to come in throwing strikes, especially with the sacks packed, but most won't throw a fastball middle in to two of the better fastball hitters on this team in Crede and Paulie.

Ol' No. 2
06-25-2006, 11:23 AM
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430589.jpg Whenever you come into a game with the bases loaded, a first pitch fastball is always a good idea.

fusillirob1983
06-25-2006, 11:26 AM

According to my brother, who was listening to the game on the radio, he didn't just call the homer. He said a bloop, a walk, a line drive, and a blast. Different order, but the same 4 things happened, so I think that's pretty strange compared to his normal home run predictions.

whitesoxfan
06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Let's see...

-same pitcher
-same ballpark
-same count
-same result

Yep, pretty similar...

:gulp:

Same inning as well.

downstairs
06-25-2006, 12:28 PM

Yeah... what the heck is that?

There's more to the game than home runs. Surprising, actually, coming from a former pitcher.

I love Farmio, but please... lay off it... sometimes a single or double are just as "needed."

downstairs
06-25-2006, 12:29 PM
According to my brother, who was listening to the game on the radio, he didn't just call the homer. He said a bloop, a walk, a line drive, and a blast. Different order, but the same 4 things happened, so I think that's pretty strange compared to his normal home run predictions.

I think he means Farmer called, in order:

a bloop home run
a walk home run :redneck
a line drive home run
a blast home run

MHOUSE
06-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah... what the heck is that?

There's more to the game than home runs. Surprising, actually, coming from a former pitcher.

I love Farmio, but please... lay off it... sometimes a single or double are just as "needed."

:chimp

'There's more to baseball than home runs? Swung on, BELTED!'

Jurr
06-25-2006, 02:01 PM
:chimp

'There's more to baseball than home runs? Swung on, BELTED!'
I love the fact that wherever Chimp goes, he brings baseball grief with him. How bad are the Bravos? Wow.