PDA

View Full Version : Question about bringing brooms to the park

buehrle4cy05
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I've been to the games Friday and today, and I'm going tommorow. I was hoping to bring a broom, but are there any guidelines for bringing brooms into the stadium? I would assume that big 4-foot brooms wouldn't be acceptable, but what (if anything) is?

Timmy D's
06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I've never had a problem walking in w/ the small broom I usually bring. I bought it years ago at an Ace hardware, it is only about 2.5' long, and mabe 6" wide, it's like a little kids witches broom, if that makes any sense. I've never tried anything bigger than that, but I always see peeps w/ the full size brooms in there as well. Dunno if some are denied upon entry and some just slip through the cracks. I would suggest keep it on the smallish size, and you should be o.k.

Brian26
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Bringing brooms is ok. It's the turkey sandwich and bottle of water that they'll confiscate at the door. :D:

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Bringing brooms is ok. It's the turkey sandwich and bottle of water that they'll confiscate at the door. :D:

The season ticket holders next to me actually brought in an entire large brown paper bag full of huge bags of Cheetos, Doritos, deli sandwiches, and a couple 20 ounce bottles of pop!

I brought a broom nearly my height to Nothing But Nancy Day last year (when we swept KC) and it was not confiscated. I saw tons of brooms there this past Thursday with Tony LaRussa's head taped to them. You shouldn't have a problem.

Tokes
06-24-2006, 11:40 PM
i've seen some women actually bring in bags of chips and ****...man them security guars check the bags good

peeonwrigley
06-24-2006, 11:56 PM
i've seen some women actually bring in bags of chips and ****...man them security guars check the bags good

You can bring food in if you want to, but it is supposed to be in clear bags. I've seen lots of people do so. You can also bring in a sealed plastic bottled non-alcoholic beverage. Supposedly its only water allowed, but I have seen people bring in Gatorade and Pepsi bottles - as long as it is sealed and non-alcoholic security seems pretty lax.

I would take advantage of the food thing if I wasn't so lazy, and the food at the stadium wasn't so damn delicious.

Actual policy. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#Carry-inItems)

IlliniSox4Life
06-24-2006, 11:57 PM
As long as it is the White Sox going for the sweep and not the other team, I don't think you will have a problem. I had some friends try to bring a broom into Wrigley last year when we won the first 2 against the Cubs, and they got denied.

LuvSox
06-25-2006, 12:52 AM
I had some friends try to bring a broom into Wrigley last year when we won the first 2 against the Cubs, and they got denied.

They don't want anybody trying to clean up the place. :smile:

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2006, 12:54 AM
I guess you can't go wrong with a whisk broom. :smile:

Timmy D's
06-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Just an FYI, I got a dozen "House rules for guests" in the season ticket box I got this year(and last few years as well), that is designed to be a handout to people you give or sell your tickets to. It states some rules on it, , which I honestly never read until today,
Guests are welcome to.......
#1) Carry in food in a small clear (see through) plastic bag.
#2) Enter w/ bags no larger than 16X16X8, which may be searched prior to entering the park
#3) Carry in ONE sealed plastic bottle of of water. One liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.

I honestly didnt know you could bring food in legally. I always have the kids sneek a pack or 2 of fruit snacks or somnething of a similar nature in, so dad has more money for beer!!:gulp: :redneck :bandance:

esbrechtel
06-25-2006, 10:00 AM
i always feel nervous bringing brooms in because i feel like if they lose i am responsible for being too cocky....it sounds lame but i cant have a loss on my conscience.....

DumpJerry
06-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Brooms are not allowed at the Crosstown Classic.

downstairs
06-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Brooms are not allowed at the Crosstown Classic.

Correct... lots of different rules for those games, AFAIK....

jenn2080
06-25-2006, 07:33 PM

oh ya. I had a can of beer that i did not realize I still had because it was under a bunch of other stuff and they didnt even look farther then a glance in.