PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Get Drilled Tomorrow?

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 07:57 PM
With the Sox hitting two grand slams while winning the first two games of the series, and with Garner managing and Oswalt pitching for the Astros and Vazquez pitching for the Sox, who will be the first Sox batter to be drilled tomorrow and how many Sox batters will be drilled before the umpires issue warnings?

Which Sox reliever will be fined and suspended for protecting his teammates?

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
There was no retaliation in the final game against St. Louis, why would the last 2 houston game prompt beanings. LaRussa is very old school and i was expecting to see that after two straight double figure scoring runs

DaleJRFan
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Maybe Oswalt will throw at Chad Qualls. After all, its his damn fault.

Chips
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
With the Sox hitting two grand slams while winning the first two games of the series, and with Garner managing and Oswalt pitching for the Astros and Vazquez pitching for the Sox, who will be the first Sox batter to be drilled tomorrow and how many Sox batters will be drilled before the umpires issue warnings?

Which Sox reliever will be fined and suspended for protecting his teammates?

I say no one is going to get drilled.

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
There was no retaliation in the final game against St. Louis, why would the last 2 houston game prompt beanings. LaRussa is very old school and i was expecting to see that after two straight double figure scoring runs

I don't follow the NL that much, but doesn't Oswalt have the reputation for drilling batters? I thought Garner had a rep too, but I could be wrong.

HotelWhiteSox
06-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Oswalt will probably hit Crede, just like in the WS

BadgerChisox
06-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Who care if they bean them. There a tight team who does not get phased by no one. It will only brig them more together.

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Who care if they bean them. There a tight team who does not get phased by no one. It will only brig them more together.

Well, it matters to the guy getting beaned. And it matters to the team if someone is on the DL from being drilled or someone being suspended for protecting his teammate.

peeonwrigley
06-24-2006, 08:20 PM

:o: Kittle42 is dying somewhere.

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't follow the NL that much, but doesn't Oswalt have the reputation for drilling batters? I thought Garner had a rep too, but I could be wrong.

What fast ball pitcher doesnt have a reputation for hit batsmen? Its what makes their fast ball even more scary

tebman
06-24-2006, 08:27 PM

Phasers on stun!

http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Trek/Special/handweap/mp1i.jpg

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 08:27 PM
What fast ball pitcher doesnt have a reputation for hit batsmen? Its what makes their fast ball even more scary

Jenks?

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I say no one is going to get drilled.

I hope you're right, but do you think that the Astros missed the memo from MLB about getting two free shots at Sox hitters?

A.J. better watch out.

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Jenks?

That is an exception, he has not played more than last season in the pro's

Daver
06-24-2006, 08:47 PM
They should bring Terry Bevington in as guest manager, so he can slap fight with Phil Garner.

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2006, 08:55 PM
They should bring Terry Bevington in as guest manager, so he can slap fight with Phil Garner.

Make it a 12 noon undercard and sell separate admission tickets as though it's a day-night double-header!
:redneck

soxruleEP
06-24-2006, 09:00 PM
:o: Kittle42 is dying somewhere.

I am equally wounded--

Frankfan4life
06-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I hope you're right, but do you think that the Astros missed the memo from MLB about getting two free shots at Sox hitters?

A.J. better watch out.I'm really sick and tired of teams drilling our players without any consquences and the Sox having to risk suspension if they retaliate. Even though it's not Ozzie's style to strike first or hold grudges, I'm hoping there's an exception made during the June 30th series.

Hitmen77
06-24-2006, 11:28 PM
- AJ will get drilled twice and reporters will say "he had it coming".
- The Sox will retaliate with one hit batsman, cleanly hit in the rump, resulting in suspensions for Ozzie and the Sox pitcher and a national media frenzy over Ozzie being a creep who is out of control.

In other words, more of the same. :angry:

Tokes
06-24-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't think anyone will but If I had to place a bet on it, i'd go with the always reliable AJ

MySoxAreClean
06-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Not This weekend, But Someone will get DRILLED FRIDAY June 30th On THE NORTH SIDE FIRST , No Point Intended.....

DaleJRFan
06-24-2006, 11:56 PM
No Point Intended.....

This about sums up the subject matter of this thread.

DickAllen72
06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
This about sums up the subject matter of this thread.
You haven't been following the Sox this year, have you?

MHOUSE
06-25-2006, 10:10 AM
I'd venture to bet on either AJ or Joe Crede getting drilled, or both. The umps will then issue ex-post facto warnings after we retaliate and eject Montero or whoever does the dirty work. I also agree with the earlier poster that Qualls should be beaned by Garner himself. I'm sure Taylor Bucholz feels the same way!

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Personally, I think that if any of the Sox players get hit, someone whose name is not Ozzie should pick up a chair and toss it toward the pitchers' mound. Or the visitors' dugout.

downstairs
06-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Jenks?

Because he doesn't want to go to jail for murder!
:cool:

Shoeless_Jim
06-25-2006, 12:56 PM
if anyone it will be pierzynski

-because everyone loves him...