PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of ESPN

caracascat
06-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Tim KurkDouche who never played baseball in his life is demanding that Ozzie get suspended. What a hypocrite, if Ozzie said a political statement he agreed with, would KurkDocuche feel the same. These people are a complete fraud. Freedom of speech to them is when you agree with them. ESPN has always hated the Sox and are pissed off we are doing well. Kurkdouche said something to the effect that it is not John Rocker but it has to be dealt with. By the way Kirkdouche we have won 9 in a row. Does anyone talk about this, is this guy a serious BB anaylst. Also, if ESPN keeps criticizng Ozzie, let us get an affidavit that no one on Baseball Tonight has used the word *** i their life and send it to them. There I said it, the word "***", Kirk douche should send me to sensitivity training for my job. Does anyone have this English cigarette's email?

Kevin
06-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I saw it too, and he said he expects Ozzie to get suspended if he does something like that again. He's not demanding anything. Cool it.

FloridaTigers
06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Didn't Ozzie say he wasn't going to report to sensitivity counciling? If he doesn't then thats atleast a 5-10 game suspension. I don't see whats so complicated here, fellas. Is he a professional? Then he should act like one.

santo=dorf
06-24-2006, 07:13 PM
:threadsucks

I like your comment of "never playing baseball." You've never been a commentator or an analyst on a major sports network, so why should you be able to critique him? :?: (If you want to use that logic)

caracascat
06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Cool it. My point is 1. If they agreed with his statement they wouldn't be after him 2. no one on ESPN BB Tonight has made these staements. 3. By the way and most importantly we are on fire and winning in incredible ways, how about some validation. So no I won't cool it!

caracascat
06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Santodorf. Playing ball takes talent, criticinzg does not. That is te difference. Anyone can step into Marroti's shoes, very few can step into Konerko's shoes

The Tom
06-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Everybody here is an Ozzie Guillen fan, but it's pretty clear that he went too far with his statements about Mariotti (even if they may have been true). Have White Sox fans really become so cynical and paranoid that unfounded conspiracy theories are necessary. ESPN doesn't have a bias toward the White Sox, as evidence by the fact they've been on TV more this year, They've spent most of the season No. 1 in their power ranking, and by all the GOOD things that are said about the team. Kurkjian was doing his job, Guillen's comments transcend winning and losing streaks. This is just the culmination of several tyrades that have raised eyebrows, and the questions are warranted. Stop being bitter and put the blame in the right place. And cheer the hell up, we're World Champs.

caracascat
06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Ozzie said a stupid statement, not a hate filed statement. If they said Ozzie should think before talking I am cool with that. But the way it is being distorted is wrong. I am not bitter but it is the truth ESPN still shuns us

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
HELLO: Ozzie's remarks have been beaten to death.

I am sick of ESPN as well, but the posts on this thread--excepting that of santo=dorf--really make this thread, IMO, worthless.

beckett21
06-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Didn't Ozzie say he wasn't going to report to sensitivity counciling? If he doesn't then thats atleast a 5-10 game suspension. I don't see whats so complicated here, fellas. Is he a professional? Then he should act like one.
Ozzie said today that he indeed will take the sensitivity training, so enough with the comments that he is not going to go. He will do what MLB tells him to do. See bottom of page (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=260624104)

He also said that he might need to take an english class first so that he can understand what they are telling him. :redneck

getonbckthr
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
HELLO: Ozzie's remarks have been beaten to death.

I am sick of ESPN as well, but the posts on this thread--excepting that of santo=dorf--really make this thread, IMO, worthless.
Basically she said you all suck and I agree!

Frontman
06-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Basically she said you all suck and I agree!

Well that's nice and polite. Try putting words in Mary's mouth why don't you?

Anyways, I figured this one was about the East Coast bias and their attitude of the Sox are the "bad boys" of baseball. That they didn't really win last year, AJ stole the series with the dropped 3rd strike to get to the WS, that Ozzie is a racist-bigoted-homophobe, etc.

Take anything that network states with a grain of salt, gang. They employ Jay Marriotti for Heaven's sake! Of course they'd be all over Ozzie 6 ways 'til Sunday!!

Front

chaerulez
06-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Ozzie said a stupid statement, not a hate filed statement. If they said Ozzie should think before talking I am cool with that. But the way it is being distorted is wrong. I am not bitter but it is the truth ESPN still shuns us

If Ozzie says something like that again, there's a very good chance he will get suspended. Tim Kirjiuan (pretty sure that's not how you spell it), is a moron I agree, but in this particular issue he's right.

michned
06-25-2006, 01:38 AM
He also said that he might need to take an english class first so that he can understand what they are telling him.

He has repeated that a few times and I can't tell if he's joking or not. What, there are no counselors or psychologists in Chicago that speak Spanish? :redneck

Still, I would love to be a fly on the wall during those sessions.

spiffie
06-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I saw Kurkijan on tv today and here's basically a summary of the segment:

-2-3 minutes of talking about how the Sox are on fire, and how much improved the offense is. Graphic showing how they are only 1 game off of last year's pace.
-1 question about "why do you think the Sox don't seem to be bothered by the Ozzie controversies of late?" Kurkijan answered and mentioned if it happened again there would be a suspension.

The whole segment save the last 10-15 seconds was devoted to talking about what a great move the Thome pickup was, how good a GM KW is, and how strong the Sox are.