PDA

View Full Version : Arizona WSI Gathering: Kicked some Yankee Butt!

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I almost forgot to mention this. Last night, we had a mini-WSI get-together at Skip and Jan's in Tempe. Last minute thing, but a GREAT time. I met fellow WSIer Kittle'sNeighbor--great guy!; another Sox fan--not yet a WSI guy, but we're getting to him--was there; and we picked up yet another Sox fan who moved here three weeks ago, but who hails from the same town in Indiana as Skip, the bar owner. Looks like we may be able to pull together that day trip to Anaheim in September. Any Arizonans who are interested, PM me.

Anyway, after a brew or two--or six or eight--our table was approached by a couple of drunken, obnoxious--are there any other kind?--Yankee fans. They took exception to the photo of the WS trophy that was prominently displayed on the table and decided to talk smack.

Idiot #1: Can't wait to knock you guys off in the playoffs.
Me: Newsflash. You're not making the playoffs, plus your pizza sucks!
Idiot #2: Big deal! So you won one World Series. Look how many the Yankees have won.
WSI #2: Quit living in the past.
Idiot #1: So, you really think the Sox are gonna win?
Me: Bite me!

Not long after, they left. I was kinda sorry to see them go; we had a ton of fun with them.

BTW, Arizona Bears fans. Kittle's Neighbor has suggested a cool Bears bar. More as the NFL season approaches.

KRS1
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
I almost forgot to mention this. Last night, we had a mini-WSI get-together at Skip and Jan's in Tempe. Last minute thing, but a GREAT time. I met fellow WSIer Kittle'sNeighbor--great guy!; another Sox fan--not yet a WSI guy, but we're getting to him--was there; and we picked up yet another Sox fan who moved here three weeks ago, but who hails from the same town in Indiana as Skip, the bar owner. Looks like we may be able to pull together that day trip to Anaheim in September. Any Arizonans who are interested, PM me.

Anyway, after a brew or two--or six or eight--our table was approached by a couple of drunken, obnoxious--are there any other kind?--Yankee fans. They took exception to the photo of the WS trophy that was prominently displayed on the table and decided to talk smack.

Idiot #1: Can't wait to knock you guys off in the playoffs.
Me: Newsflash. You're not making the playoffs, plus your pizza sucks!
Idiot #2: Big deal! So you won one World Series. Look how many the Yankees have won.
WSI #2: Quit living in the past.
Idiot #1: So, you really think the Sox are gonna win?
Me: Bite me!

Not long after, they left. I was kinda sorry to see them go; we had a ton of fun with them.

BTW, Arizona Bears fans. Kittle's Neighbor has suggested a cool Bears bar. More as the NFL season approaches.

Arizona Bears fans should be tailgaiting at our game down here. My boss has the hook on any ticket in town so Ill be there, it might not seem very hard to get Cards tickets, but with the ultra huge Chicago population here, yous guys better get on them fast.

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Arizona Bears fans should be tailgaiting at our game down here. My boss has the hook on any ticket in town so Ill be there, it might not seem very hard to get Cards tickets, but with the ultra huge Chicago population here, yous guys better get on them fast.
KRS1--PM me on details. I'd just as soon stay home and watch, but MrMarySwiss would love to do this. And you're right; getting tickets to Cards' games depends on who they are playing. And with the new soup tureen--er, I mean stadium--let's enjoy the games while we can.