06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
:supernana:

Nice win!

CHISOXFAN13
06-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Feels good to be back on top!

JUribe1989
06-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Cintron with the "Manny point" after that walk-off hit.

I love it!

What a time for my lawnmower to stop working and allow me to see the end of this amazing game.

BeviBall!
06-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Pods and Crede reliving WS memories. Can we get Blum in time for tomorrow?

Unregistered
http://www.bornraised.com/absolut-cintron.jpg

and...

JOE... CREDEEEEE!!!

Jjav829
While it will be overshadowed by Cintron's game-winner, that was such a clutch slam by Crede.

:worship: :crede

ShoelessJoeS
9 in a row!!!

CLR01
They broke the 8 barrier!!!! :bandance:

Maybe they can cruise to 30 in a row now. :?::D:

A. Cavatica
Thornton deserves that win! And Crede...you can be on my All-Star team over A-Rod any day!

BainesHOF
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
This team is outdoing itself on a daily basis again.

Incredible.

NDSox12
06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
The similarities between this series and the one last October are stunning.

FloridaSox
06-24-2006, 03:50 PM

It will be a mulitple of 8...16, 24, 32 or 40...I will settle for 24.

SCarolina_Ron
06-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Let's hear it for da BENCH!!!!!:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

MarySwiss
It's been a good five minutes since I mentioned how much I HATE FOX!!!!! :angry:

That said, I LOVE my SOX!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

I wonder how many broken chairs there are in the visitors' dugout?
Heh-heh-heh!

gf2020
Does anyone get the feeling that all the NL Central teams will be happy to see each other again?

soltrain21
That was simply stunning. You aren't off the hook though, Garland. Get your act together.

doctorlecter
06-24-2006, 03:52 PM
So........ When do we start the Chad Qualls fan club thread?

Vernam
06-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Three slams already this year for Crede . . . Another game-winning hit for Cintron . . . And great though those two were, the best news might be that our bullpen is BACK.

Vernam

NDSox12
That was simply stunning. You aren't off the hook though, Garland. Get your act together.

His last four starts were pretty good. Definitely struggled with his control today though. Of course, he seems to get hurt by poor defensive plays more than any of our other pitchers too.

I'll let him off the hook today.

bluestar
If we could start hitting were not out of this game.

From the PTC Gameday thread. Kudos to those who still had faith.

Great comeback, and great being back in 1st place!

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana::super nana::supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

PeoriaSoxFan
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I love this team more every day. What a team! They never give up and are never out of a game.

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Three slams already this year for Crede . . . Another game-winning hit for Cintron . . . And great though those two were, the best news might be that our bullpen is BACK.

Vernam

What will the Dark Clouds have to complain about now? :tongue:

doctorlecter
06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Okay, now go Cards! Right now we are BACK IN FIRST PLACE!!!
Suppan vs. Rogers tonight to go to bed in first place tonight.

Jjav829
06-24-2006, 03:56 PM
His last four starts were pretty good. Definitely struggled with his control today though. Of course, he seems to get hurt by poor defensive plays more than any of our other pitchers too.

I'll let him off the hook today.
Garland screwed up in the 4th. 1st and 3rd with Taveras at the plate. He has to know in that situation that if a ball is hit slowly back to him, there's no way to turn two. He should have looked the runner back at 3rd and taken the force at 1st. Yes, I know the run would have scored regardless, but I do think that run changed Garland's mentality.

BeviBall!
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Garland screwed up in the 4th. 1st and 3rd with Taveras at the plate. He has to know in that situation that if a ball is hit slowly back to him, there's no way to turn two. He should have looked the runner back at 3rd and taken the force at 1st. Yes, I know the run would have scored regardless, but I do think that run changed Garland's mentality.
Actually, they would have nailed the runner at home as he was off on contact. Garland lost focus after the crappy defense behind him.

NDSox12
Garland screwed up in the 4th. 1st and 3rd with Taveras at the plate. He has to know in that situation that if a ball is hit slowly back to him, there's no way to turn two. He should have looked the runner back at 3rd and taken the force at 2nd. Yes, I know the run would have scored regardless, but I do think that run changed Garland's mentality.

That's true. He did not pitch a good game today. I wasn't arguing that he did. But I'll let him off the hook anyway.

StockdaleForVeep
http://snl.jt.org/arc/epskit/91-05-18-5.jpg
"Why are we so blessed?"

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I wandered over to ESPN and checked the standings, just to see if they had changed it yet.

Happy, Happy, Happy!!!! :D: :D: :D:

SCarolina_Ron
06-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Hey he's had 4 great starts. Everyone's going to have an off day. The great thing is the bullpen, Crede, and the bench picked him up! Go Cards tonight!

Jjav829
06-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Actually, they would have nailed the runner at home as he was off on contact. Garland lost focus after the crappy defense behind him.

I could be wrong because I was watching this on an angle at the gym, but I believe Palmeiro only went after he saw Garland committ to going to second.

Either way, Garland should have known better than to try to turn two there.

sox aka champs
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
:supernana::supernana::supernana:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-24-2006, 04:07 PM
another win against the NL Central. how cliche
http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_consonants/y/images/yawn.jpg

gf2020
06-24-2006, 04:16 PM
How about Matt Thornton? After today's excellent effort, his ERA is now under 4 for the year.

And David Riske? He's gone his last 10 and a 1/3 without giving up a run.

And the price for these two? Joe Borchard and Javier Lopez.

Way to go Kenny!

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2006, 04:19 PM
We are now 10-1 in interleague play this year. I know the NL sucks so bad this year; but, that's just unreal! That's what I call getting the job done.

It's great to finally break out of the "we can't hit the 9-game winning streak" hex. Crede deserves to go to the All Star Game, and we probably will see him with Ozzie managing.

Let's win 10 in a row tomorrow!

Zisk77
06-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Great game. I agree Garland struggled with command, but poor defense and cheap hits did him in. Also, It seemed Jon stayed away from hitters instead of attcking them inside. It seems like widger calls more breaking balls than A. J. Jon's at his best when he is knocking the bat out opponents hands. I believe Jon will be fine the rest of the way. Lets light up Roy Boy tomorrow. :gulp:

Chips
06-24-2006, 04:30 PM
:winner

Playing the NL is a ****ing joke.

harwar
06-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I just got a call from a friend who is a tigers fan and he was rather distraught over the fact that "you guys never ****ing lose"

itsnotrequired
06-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Victory is ours! Ride high the hog.

Sig update time...

ComiskeyBrewer
We are now 10-1 in interleague play this year. I know the NL sucks so bad this year; but, that's just unreal! That's what I call getting the job done.

It's great to finally break out of the "we can't hit the 9-game winning streak" hex. Crede deserves to go to the All Star Game, and we probably will see him with Ozzie managing.

Let's win 10 in a row tomorrow!

The Brewers are the only team in the NLC with a winning record in Interleague play this year, and for some reason, i am perfectly fine with that.:D:

MarySwiss
I just got a call from a friend who is a tigers fan and he was rather distraught over the fact that "you guys never ****ing lose"

Oh, now that's just a damn shame! :D:

thomas35forever
06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Finally, we only need one season to win 9 games in a row! Btw, I'm referring to the 8 in a row we won in the playoffs and opening night this year.

JDub35
06-24-2006, 04:50 PM
This team really needs to quit relying on the grand slam homerun! :D:

Another awesome White Sox Winner! :supernana:

soxfan1965
06-24-2006, 04:54 PM

That's good to hear Tiger fans are as frustrated with the Sox as the Sox fans are with the Tigers. It's fun to chase rather than be chased, but win in the end (albeit barely). I think the Sox respect every team in MLB, AL or NL, and stay focused on winning. I like this "just enough to win" approach rather than winning the division by 20 games and losing in the playoffs. The Tigers can help the Sox by bringing out the best in the Sox.

NDSox12
06-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Good day for me. Not only did the Sox win #9 in a row, but I also secured tickets for the Orioles games on the 3rd and 4th of July. Those will be my first Sox games since the Game 1 of the ALCS. Can't wait to get back to Chicago!

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Great game. I agree Garland struggled with command, but poor defense and cheap hits did him in. Also, It seemed Jon stayed away from hitters instead of attcking them inside. It seems like widger calls more breaking balls than A. J. Jon's at his best when he is knocking the bat out opponents hands. I believe Jon will be fine the rest of the way. Lets light up Roy Bopy tomorrow. :gulp:Poor pitching did him in a lot more. FIVE walks in 5 IP. And he was behind almost every batter. Here Jon, use this:
http://www.bestfreegift.com/image/homedepot-b.jpg
Buy some nuts.

StillMissOzzie
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM
What a time for my lawnmower to stop working and allow me to see the end of this amazing game.

That sucks.

Damn it, why did the Sox have to win today? WHY?
[ Refer to my siggy for all you need to know...:(: ]

SMO
:gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-24-2006, 05:45 PM

You got that right. Keep the line moving.

Way to stick with it. I never gave up on the White Sox today, listening on the radio while the World Cup was on and my patience and faith paid off.

This team never quits and that is why I love this team!!!

I hate ESPN Sunday night games - we seem to not play as well in those games (maybe the Lip can give us the record) but the NL is God awful and I think they will find a way to get it done.

Anderson comes back in a few days. :supernana:

Cheers,

TheDarkGundam
06-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Well, I just have to point out that we still haven't lost since I got my new hat on Tuesday.
Just saying.

EdHerman12
06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
WOW! Just getting back from a beautiful day at the Cell. I'll tell you there is NO quit in this team whatsoever.

:crede <-------BAM! The grand salami!

GO SOX!

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
That sucks.

Damn it, why did the Sox have to win today? WHY?
[ Refer to my siggy for all you need to know...:(: ]

SMO

If you love the team, STAY THE HELL HOME!!! :wink:

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, I just have to point out that we still haven't lost since I got my new hat on Tuesday.
Just saying.

Check back in October, guy. If we still haven't lost a game, I'll give you your props! :D:

NDSox12
06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I hate ESPN Sunday night games - we seem to not play as well in those games (maybe the Lip can give us the record) but the NL is God awful and I think they will find a way to get it done.

Historically, you are probably right about the Sunday Night games, but we are 2-1 this year. My question is, have the White Sox ever had 4 Sunday Night games in a SEASON much less the first half?

SOX ADDICT '73
06-24-2006, 06:19 PM
The best thing about this game is the fact that Thornton, Mackowiak, and Cintron figured so prominently in the win. I would have traded Borchard, Marte, and Bajenaru for any ONE of those three. More proof that KW is an absolute genius!

A. Cavatica
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
What will the Dark Clouds have to complain about now? :tongue:

Gave up way too much for Matt Thornton.

gbergman
06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
take that number 9 you terrible number you

slobes
06-24-2006, 07:00 PM
YES! Finally got past that 8th game. Hopefully Detroit takes a nose dive tonight so we can finally be in the 1st place that we deserve. Great game, glad we didn't give up when in the 6th inning Farmio was calling it one of our worst games of the season.

tebman
06-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, you can thank me for this one. I stayed away and kept them in the game.

I haven't been so happy to be wrong in a long time. I had given up on this game in the 5th inning. The Sox were down 5-1 and looked bad at the plate and Garland looked bad on the mound. I muttered imprecations and shut off the TV and went out to cut the grass. Much later I log on to WSI to share in frustration and find that they came back to win!

Serves me right -- ye of little faith, etc. I was at the game last night and saw the unlikely and nearly unreal grand slam by Podsednik, and then Crede does it again today! And Alex Cintron! I don't know what I've done to deserve this good fortune, but I'll take it! :bandance:

It has to be said again: Go Sox! :gulp:

sox_fan_forever
06-24-2006, 07:04 PM
I was at the game today and throughout the whole thing I just had this feeling that they were going to win. Then when Crede came up I knew he would come through! :cool:

mrs. hendu
06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Today is mine and Hendu's anniversary. We went to the game and it's just nice that it ended up being a win.

Crede!!!!!!
Cintron!!!!!
Thornton!!!!!

:bandance:

TheOldRoman
06-24-2006, 07:15 PM
I could be wrong because I was watching this on an angle at the gym, but I believe Palmeiro only went after he saw Garland committ to going to second.

Either way, Garland should have known better than to try to turn two there.
That is correct, sir. Garland looked him back, and then he took off as soon as Jon started the throw to 2nd. I actually think Jon would have been able to turn the double play if he didn't waste time looking at 3rd (can't remember if there were 1 or 0 outs that the time, though).

TheOldRoman
06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
I wonder how many broken chairs there are in the visitors' dugout?
Heh-heh-heh! The best part of 'Ol Crapiron's chair shot was Fox showing the slow motion replay several times. The image of him smashing that chair in slowmo will never leave my head.:D:
As for that piece of **** Garner, he said a couple days ago that Ozzie needs psychological counseling.:rolleyes: Once a bitch, always a bitch. There are few people I would have enjoyed beating more in a World Series.

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
The best part of 'Ol Crapiron's chair shot was Fox showing the slow motion replay several times. The image of him smashing that chair in slowmo will never leave my head.:D:
As for that piece of **** Garner, he said a couple days ago that Ozzie needs psychological counseling.:rolleyes: Once a bitch, always a bitch. There are few people I would have enjoyed beating more in a World Series.

Agreed for the most part. But back in 2001, when Torre copped an attitude after the D'Backs mocked their sorry asses by playing NY NY at the end of Game Six, beating them in Game Seven was also sweet. My friends and I sat in the hot tub--you can do that out here in November--and rejoiced. VERY nice.

soxstarter
06-24-2006, 07:48 PM
So good to check in and see this thread...(esp. when Fox choses to air Philly vs. Boston down here in Tennessee).:dtroll:

Go Sox!!!!:supernana:

chisox77
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM
I agree with the logic that it's better for the White Sox to be challenged by the Tigers. I keep telling my friends that in the end, the Sox will be left standing on top.

Terrific win today. Crede, Mackowiak, and Cintron were clutch. Let's get #10 tomorrow night!

:D:

Madvora
06-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Isn't it unbelievable to be living through through the best White Sox teams ever?! I mean... 1917 - 1919, they were really good, but right now has to be the high point in all-time White Sox history and we're actually living through this and watching this EVERY DAY. Some day (I hope not) we'll look back on these days and say that no baseball team will ever be that good again.

EXTRA NOTE - It's really embarrasing that the word "Sox" comes up as a misspelled word on the spellcheck on this website. Isn't there anything we can do about this?

robiwho
06-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Awesome game. I wonder how stupid the guy who was sitting behind me feels about having left in the 6th, saying that there was no way the sox were going to win it!

Chips
06-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Awesome game. I wonder how stupid the guy who was sitting behind me feels about having left in the 6th, saying that there was no way the sox were going to win it!

The guys sitting next to Dump left in the 7th telling him that the game was over. The Dude and I moved into his seats.

****ing dumb Astros fans

robiwho
06-24-2006, 09:40 PM
The guys sitting next to Dump left in the 7th telling him that the game was over. The Dude and I moved into his seats.

****ing dumb Astros fans

This was a season ticket holder -- actually, it was the guy we congratulated on his retirement during the last homestand. :o:

BTW, thanks for the hat suggestion -- much as I hate to admit it, you were right. :wink:

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM

Did you tell him to never leave Sox games early, because comebacks are so often in the event we are actually trailing? I can't see why anyone would leave so early!

Chips
06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
This was a season ticket holder -- actually, it was the guy we congratulated on his retirement during the last homestand. :o:

BTW, thanks for the hat suggestion -- much as I hate to admit it, you were right. :wink:

Is that the same guy whom I congratulated?

Of course I was right. Aren't I always?

robiwho
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Is that the same guy whom I congratulated?

Yes, that guy.

Of course I was right. Aren't I always?

Do you really want me to answer that?

Hitmen77
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Only one more game to go without Anderson's defense.

Mackowiak had a tough day in CF today, but he came thru big time in the 10th. Also, he played well the first 3 games filling in for BA.

Now lets get the sweep tomorrow night and on to Pittsburgh with all 25 guys.

C-Dawg
06-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Seeing Podsednik's grand slam on TV last night, I got to thinking that I've NEVER seen one in person, at the ballpark. At least not that I can remember.

Today at the Cell I saw one in person! :bandance: What an awesome comeback and win!

itsnotrequired
06-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Seeing Podsednik's grand slam on TV last night, I got to thinking that I've NEVER seen one in person, at the ballpark. At least not that I can remember.

Today at the Cell I saw one in person! :bandance: What an awesome comeback and win!

I've seen four in person this year alone.

:cool:

Chips
06-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Do you really want me to answer that?

If your answer is yes, then yes.

If your answer is no, then you must be drunk.

And Joe Crede is the ****ing man.

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Yes, he is. It looks like chisoxmike will have to buy himself a Joe Crede jersey shirt in the near future.

cheeses_h_rice
06-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm now 7-0 on the year, going for 8-0 tomorrow. (If they lose tomorrow night, I'm blaming Robiwho. :cool:)

Helluva game. Loved the way the park exploded when Crede hit that grannie.

robiwho
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
If your answer is yes, then yes.

It's no.

If your answer is no, then you must be drunk.

Also no.

That's a yes.

robiwho
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm now 7-0 on the year, going for 8-0 tomorrow. (If they lose tomorrow night, I'm blaming Robiwho. :cool:)

Helluva game. Loved the way the park exploded when Crede hit that grannie.

Now the pressure's really on.

cheeses_h_rice
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Now the pressure's really on.

Although 14-4 is nothing to sneeze at.

:wink:

robiwho
06-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Although 14-4 is nothing to sneeze at.

:wink:

It'll do!

Chips
06-24-2006, 10:42 PM
It'll do!

You guys got nothing on Miller. Or myself for that matter.:tongue:

itsnotrequired
06-24-2006, 10:44 PM

robiwho's winning percentage is higher than both of us.

robiwho
06-24-2006, 10:45 PM

We'll manage. :wink:

Chips
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM

I meant in games attended.

robiwho
06-24-2006, 11:01 PM

Thank you itsnotrequired.

I meant in games attended.

meh.

markopat
06-24-2006, 11:35 PM

I think we can say the same thing about them....

GREAT game today! I feel like I did last year, never giving up on this team...right up to the last out. They manufacture ways to win! Crede is clutch! and Alex as well! I love this team!

9 STRAIGHT!!!

sullythered
06-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Can we hire Chad Qualls to always pitch to us in bases loaded situations?

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-25-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm 6-0 Beechez!

Variable2
06-25-2006, 01:25 AM
"This was a great ball game!" Farmer the instant after the White Sox won the World Series.

This was a great ball game as well. I only wished that they had a broadcast with the Hawk, he would have **** his pants on that grand slam call, especially since it was by Crede.

STRETCH!

SBSoxFan
06-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Great Win!!!!!!!!!!! I tapped it and watched from the 6th inning on. It was nice to know the outcome because I would have been sweating it a bit. :D:

Anyone know why the Sox were charged with 4 LOB? They got 1 in the 9th, and 3 in the 10th. Seems if you walk-off the game, runners on should be erased. Oh well.

EMachine10
06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
listening to the score about an hour after the game, ronge said that coop was calling in and it was quite funny. Whether or not it was actually coop, he said he had about 9 cocktails in him and gave ronge a hard time. kinda funny, but i wasn't sold that it was really him.

Thome25
06-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Another great win by OUR WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

Also, no offense to the person who thought it up but, can't we come up with a better nickname for Cintron than Absolut?

I don't like it. There's gotta be a better one.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Another great win by OUR WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

Also, no offense to the person who thought it up but, can't we come up with a better nickname for Cintron than Absolut?

I don't like it. There's gotta be a better one.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know; I think Absolut is perfect. (The nickname, not the vodka.)

SouthSide_HitMen
06-25-2006, 11:03 AM
listening to the score about an hour after the game, ronge said that coop was calling in and it was quite funny. Whether or not it was actually coop, he said he had about 9 cocktails in him and gave ronge a hard time. kinda funny, but i wasn't sold that it was really him.

The real Coop did call in saying fans needed to lay of Mackowiak (for another day of adventure in CF) saying he is a platoon player who fills the roles he is asked to play which is a fair assessment. He commented on Contreras and the bullpen. Maybe this was before or after the call you heard.

Ol' No. 2
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
The real Coop did call in saying fans needed to lay of Mackowiak (for another day of adventure in CF) saying he is a platoon player who fills the roles he is asked to play which is a fair assessment. He commented on Contreras and the bullpen. Maybe this was before or after the call you heard.Same call. I heard it, too. He was definately slurring his words. There must have been some celebrating in the clubhouse.

CLR01
06-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Anyone know why the Sox were charged with 4 LOB? They got 1 in the 9th, and 3 in the 10th. Seems if you walk-off the game, runners on should be erased. Oh well.

It should be five.

Cintron grounds out 1st inning Pods left on base.
Konerko hits into DP in 4th with Thome on base.
Konerko, Dye, Crede all strike out or fly out in the 9th with Thome/Ozuna on base.

PaulDrake
06-25-2006, 02:05 PM
While it will be overshadowed by Cintron's game-winner, that was such a clutch slam by Crede.

:worship: :crede You're so right. Joe Crede is becoming the definition of clutch at bat and in the field. It wasn't so long ago that so may were willing to pitch him overboard.

SBSoxFan
06-25-2006, 02:06 PM
It should be five.

Cintron grounds out 1st inning Pods left on base.
Konerko hits into DP in 4th with Thome on base.
Konerko, Dye, Crede all strike out or fly out in the 9th with Thome/Ozuna on base.

What game were you watching? :redneck

Thome drove in Pods with a sac fly in the first, and I think Konerko's double play ball erased Thome and was the third out of that inning. But right, they left Ozuna on first in the 9th (why didn't he try to steal?) for their first LOB. My question/issue was that they were charged with 3 LOB in the 10th because they "left" the bases loaded after Cintron's game-winning hit. :?:

CLR01
06-25-2006, 02:15 PM
What game were you watching? :redneck

Thome drove in Pods with a sac fly in the first, and I think Konerko's double play ball erased Thome and was the third out of that inning. But right, they left Ozuna on first in the 9th (why didn't he try to steal?) for their first LOB. My question/issue was that they were charged with 3 LOB in the 10th because they "left" the bases loaded after Cintron's game-winning hit. :?:

They didn't get 3 LOB charged to them in the 10th. The ESPN box score is wrong, the Sox left 5 men on base yesterday not 4. Konerko was charge with two LOB; Crede, Dye and Cintron were each charged with one. The only way thats possible is by following what I posted above.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/boxscore/MLB_20060624_HOU@CHW

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060624&content_id=1521001&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

Frater Perdurabo
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
You're so right. Joe Crede is becoming the definition of clutch at bat and in the field. It wasn't so long ago that so may were willing to pitch him overboard.

achoo! achoo! a shoota! ahem!

:tomatoaward

SBSoxFan
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
They didn't get 3 LOB charged to them in the 10th. The ESPN box score is wrong, the Sox left 5 men on base yesterday not 4. Konerko was charge with two LOB; Crede, Dye and Cintron were each charged with one. The only way thats possible is by following what I posted above.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/boxscore/MLB_20060624_HOU@CHW

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060624&content_id=1521001&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

Oh sorry. I thought they said on TV that the Sox had left no one on through 8 innings.

BTW, the mlb box score shows 4 LOB for the team, but 5 "total". usatoday showed 4 LOB for the team, but not an individual one for Cintron.

So, who has the best box sccores? I never noticed such discrepancies so far. Maybe the Sox acutally won Sunday night?