PDA

View Full Version : OMG Lou Piniella

HotelWhiteSox
06-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Brutal!

I will never complain about White Sox commentators again!

esbrechtel
06-24-2006, 12:58 PM
i love hawk and DJ has grown on me over the last 2 years.....however, ill take DJ everyday of the week over fox's crew for this week, they are both awful! i know everyone likes the national broadcasts but i prefer good ol comcast....

SoxFanPrope
06-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Shouldn't Lou be in Minnesota managing the Cubs?

RKMeibalane
06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Shouldn't Lou be in Minnesota managing the Cubs?

Next year he will be. :cool:

gf2020
06-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Next year he will be. :cool:

:boston
"My World Series prediction was only two years off?"

TheDarkGundam
06-24-2006, 02:09 PM
These guys aren't fit to smell Hawk's oversized cowboy hat.

WizardsofOzzie
06-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Now they are comparing our attendance #'s to the cubs

rocky biddle
06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
I think they've mentioned attendance in some form almost every inning. I've sat next to people at games with better insight than these guys.

dickallen15
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I like listening to Sweet Lou. He knows the game. His delivery isn't the best, but at least he doesn't sound like so many broadcasting school grads.

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Accordin to Lou, Pablo is 5 for 10 on stolen bases, which is 50%

SCarolina_Ron
06-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Definitely not the most articulate or entertaining commentator but I have to admit he knew the Sox and knew what he was talking about.

SOXSINCE'70
06-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Josh Lewin (aka Chip Caray lite) and Lou Pinella are the best Fox can do
for a Saturday afternoon rematch of the 2005 WS?!??!??
*****!!!! :rolleyes: :whatever:

SOXSINCE'70
06-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Accordin to Lou, Pablo is 5 for 10 on stolen bases, which is 50%

And Tim McCarver will tell anyone who will listen that
"if a pitcher throws strikes,it keeps his infielders on their toes".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

skobabe8
06-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Brutal!

I will never complain about White Sox commentators again!

And he's actually improved since last year IMO. He is not soothing to listen to.

harwar
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey,ol uncle Lou may be a bit over the hill and kind of punchy but the guy knows baseball.
He had nothing but good things to say about the Sox unlike so many of the media right in Chicago.
I sure don't want to hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver anytime soon.

Mendoza Line
06-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Lou sounds EXACTLY like Jim Ross from the WWE!!! I keep expecting him to say "By Gawd, AJ's gunna put him through a table!"

skobabe8
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey,ol uncle Lou may be a bit over the hill and kind of punchy but the guy knows baseball.
He had nothing but good things to say about the Sox unlike so many of the media right in Chicago.
I sure don't want to hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver anytime soon.

Sweet Lou knows the game inside and out, no debate on that. He's just not real smooth when trying to explain his baseball thoughts to the audience. I hope he gets more comfortable and improves over time because he's a great mind and surely has some fine stories.

MarkyBear
06-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Lou sounds EXACTLY like Jim Ross from the WWE!!! I keep expecting him to say "By Gawd, AJ's gunna put him through a table!"

LMAO!!!

Now imagine playing a JR and Hawk drinking game in back 2 back nights!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: ...........etc

SOXBOY
06-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Sweet Lou knows the game and i think comes across pretty well.I wish he could do more games for us.Last year during the playoffs and world series i thought he was very soild.

harwar
06-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Sweet Lou knows the game and i think comes across pretty well.I wish he could do more games for us.Last year during the playoffs and world series i thought he was very soild. Just as long as i NEVER have to hear chris berman again.
By the way i've got "the score" on and Don Cooper just called in from lake shore drive and he sounded 3 sheets to the wind.It would probably be better if he didn't do that again.

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Josh Lewin (aka Chip Caray lite) and Lou Pinella are the best Fox can do
for a Saturday afternoon rematch of the 2005 WS?!??!??
*****!!!! :rolleyes: :whatever:

Well c'mon, wouldya! Get real! Boston's playing the Phillies.

And a nation holds its breath. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Just as long as i NEVER have to hear chris berman again.
By the way i've got "the score" on and Don Cooper just called in from lake shore drive and he sounded 3 sheets to the wind.It would probably be better if he didn't do that again.I heard him too. I hope he's not driving.:o:

WizardsofOzzie
06-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Who was it who said something along the lines of "he dosen't walk alot of batters because he dosen't throw 4 balls" I know im way off but something like that

RadioheadRocks
06-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Now they are comparing our attendance #'s to the cubs

Shouldn't that get them banned to the Roadhouse??? :D:

Brian26
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Just as long as i NEVER have to hear chris berman again.
By the way i've got "the score" on and Don Cooper just called in from lake shore drive and he sounded 3 sheets to the wind.It would probably be better if he didn't do that again.

I also heard Coop on the radio. At one point he said he had just seriously pounded down 9 cocktails. He also said "they had just pulled over"...so I'm assuming he was a passenger. It was pretty good radio actually. He was very humble and talked about not being a magician with guys like Thornton and Contreras because they bring enough talent to the table already.

Brian26
06-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I watched the end of the game from the bar at Pizano's on Madison near Michigan. You haven't lived until you've watched a Piniella broadcast with the volume completely down and the closed captioning text scrolling. That was insane.

Frontman
06-24-2006, 10:45 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!! That's a good one. Just as Josh Lewin doesn't scream "Puppies" when they show a woman in the stands.

However, Lou and Josh Lewin make DJ and Chris Singelton sound like Al Michaels and Vince Scully in their prime. Sheesh. I got home from work during the 9th inning and actually chose to flip the radio on and turn the sound off on the TV! Considering how bad Singelton was during the pre-season/early season games, he's come a long way and FAR better than Fox's team, and immensely better than ESPN. And I do believe that's sayin' somethin'.

Front

jehosaphat
06-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I actually like Pinella. He has an honesty that I like. It seems that many things are overproduced these days, and the "rough around the edges" Lou is a nice chanbe of pace. Hawk and DJ are great, but I don't mind Pinella.

PS: If the Cubs' management had any sense, they'd hire Pinella tomorrow.

1951Campbell
06-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I actually like Pinella. He has an honesty that I like. It seems that many things are overproduced these days, and the "rough around the edges" Lou is a nice chanbe of pace. Hawk and DJ are great, but I don't mind Pinella.

Agreed. Lou clearly hasn't been to Toastmasters, but I'm interested to hear what he has to say, even though how he says it ain't exactly "I Have a Dream" or Pericles' funeral oration.

IA_soxfan
06-24-2006, 11:27 PM

PS: If the Cubs' management had any sense, they'd hire Pinella tomorrow.

And if Pinella had any sense, he'd laugh at Jim Hendry until he was forced to hang up the phone.

Rob190
06-25-2006, 02:34 AM
And if Pinella had any sense, he'd laugh at Jim Hendry until he was forced to hang up the phone.

Managing the Cubs has to be the worst job in sports.

Frontman
06-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Managing the Cubs has to be the worst job in sports.

I'm not so sure. I think having to be an announcer for the Cubs has to be more painful.

Front