PDA

View Full Version : Great Garner line about Cubs, stealing signs

caulfield12
06-24-2006, 11:23 AM
"I don't know if they do it, but I just know that we've heard it over the years," Garner said. "I don't know. If I'll go out and watch batting practice, you're trying to let guys hit balls and they still can't hit five balls in a row out of the ballpark or on the button or for base hits for that matter. I'm not even so sure if they are getting the signs or they know where the pitch location is.
"For years I heard about it in the Cubs' ballpark, and I haven't seen the Cubs in the World Series recently."

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2006, 05:26 PM
"I don't know if they do it, but I just know that we've heard it over the years," Garner said. "I don't know. If I'll go out and watch batting practice, you're trying to let guys hit balls and they still can't hit five balls in a row out of the ballpark or on the button or for base hits for that matter. I'm not even so sure if they are getting the signs or they know where the pitch location is.
"For years I heard about it in the Cubs' ballpark, and I haven't seen the Cubs in the World Series recently."Dear Phil,

If your guys can't even hit in batting practice, don't you think THAT might be part of the problem????

munchman33
06-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Dear Phil,

If your guys can't even hit in batting practice, don't you think THAT might be part of the problem????

:rolling:

Irishsox1
06-24-2006, 05:55 PM
I remember in 2000 when Josh Paul hit a homerun off of Clemens, after the games Clemens said something about the Sox stealing signs.

Of course my friend that lives in Houston says the big rumor is that Clemens is using something illegal also.

NSSoxFan
06-24-2006, 06:08 PM
The Sox are so good, these idiots think they're cheating. I LOVE IT!

LuvSox
06-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Garner should manage the Cubs. Wouldn't that be a perfect fit?