PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Net Chicago Off The Air!

Grobber33
06-24-2006, 11:07 AM
At least on Comcast systems,,FSN-Chicago ceased to broadcast at Midnight Chicago time Friday night. I'm guessing they have gone off all systems. They have lived with Best Damned Sports Show Period since losing all the local teams to CSN. Many College Hoops games that were still on FSN will not be available unless you have a dish and can get an outlet from out of town.

SoxFanPrope
06-24-2006, 11:12 AM
At least on Comcast systems,,FSN-Chicago ceased to broadcast at Midnight Chicago time Friday night. I'm guessing they have gone off all systems. They have lived with Best Damned Sports Show Period since losing all the local teams to CSN. Many College Hoops games that were still on FSN will not be available unless you have a dish and can get an outlet from out of town.
I have a screen with pretty much what you are saying now on it. Can't say that I missed it. I never watch the Best Damned Sports Show After All The Others.

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I have a screen with pretty much what you are saying now on it. Can't say that I missed it. I never watch the Best Damned Sports Show After All The Others.

Heh someone should screencap that and make a tag for some usage

I cant remember last time i watched FSN, back when the hawks were on it i suppose

santo=dorf
06-24-2006, 12:23 PM
but where am I going to watch poker???

This was way overdue, and hopefully they'll take the route Insight took in Champaign by replacing it with Fox Sports Midwest.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
About the only thing I've watched on FSN since the Sox left are those "List" shows with Summer Saunders. I won't shed any tears, but I hope ComCast fills the vacant channel 33 slot with something worth watching.

Railsplitter
06-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised they've taken this long.

Harry Potter
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
http://www.fsnchicago.com/

FSN Chicago has closed.
Thank you for your support over the years.

skobabe8
06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm surprised they've taken this long.

Na Na Na Na......Hey Hey Hey......

My life wont change much. The college basketball they had was of little interest to me and I lOVE CBB--mostly Pac 10 and the announcer who does those games is like nails on a chalkboard to me. The other shows were a waste.

thomas35forever
06-24-2006, 05:13 PM
"So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn, goodbye..."

This was the station that broadcast Bulls games during the Jordan era. Remember when it was called SportsChannel? I really only watched The Sports List and not even that often on that channel. RIP FSN Chicago. You shall not be forgotten.

SOXintheBURGH
06-24-2006, 05:41 PM
FSN carries Penguins and Bucs games still out here.. but thats about all the use I get out of it. A couple Beyond the Glory episodes were okay.

anewman35
06-24-2006, 05:50 PM
This was the station that broadcast Bulls games during the Jordan era. Remember when it was called SportsChannel? I really only watched The Sports List and not even that often on that channel. RIP FSN Chicago. You shall not be forgotten.

To be a little more on topic, it was also the station that used to do Sox games, up til 2004.

TheDarkGundam
06-24-2006, 05:53 PM
It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life...

I was wondering why they've had nothing but a message shown on that channel for a while, I guess if I'd bothered to read what it said I would know that the channel was gone.
Oh well.

Soxfanspcu11
06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Why is the "not available" sign up still??? You would think that they could have replaced it with something by now.

DickAllen72
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Why is the "not available" sign up still??? You would think that they could have replaced it with something by now.

I hope Comcast in Oak Lawn replaces it with something like MeTV.

anewman35
06-24-2006, 08:40 PM

It's been, like, A DAY. A weekend, no less. They can't just put on whatever they want, there's contracts and stuff to deal with.

Frontman
06-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Besides the occasional stop on the dial for a "Sportslist," I stopped watching FSN when they pulled the plug on "I, Max." I just wish ESPN would get Kellerman back on TV, in any fashion. I enjoyed his attitude more than I ever enjoyed Moronotti.

Front

HawkDJ
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

thewalkoffshot
06-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Besides the occasional stop on the dial for a "Sportslist," I stopped watching FSN when they pulled the plug on "I, Max." I just wish ESPN would get Kellerman back on TV, in any fashion. I enjoyed his attitude more than I ever enjoyed Moronotti.

Front

He appears on a show aired on MSNBC, that is hosted by Tucker Carlson. I'm not sure of the name, but they each argue one side to a current news topic.

Viva Medias B's
06-24-2006, 11:49 PM
While FSN Chicago has ceased to exist, is FSN still partially headquartered in Chicago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the regional sports reports (i.e., Arizona Sports Report) originate in FSN's studios at Mart Plaza? Coincidentally, I believe Comcast SportsNet is also at Mart Plaza.

I can still get bits and pieces of FSN on my cable digital system with the three Fox College Sports channels.

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2006, 12:21 AM
It would be great if Channel 28 got HBO!

TheKittle
06-25-2006, 04:20 AM
That sucks. I used to chat with somebody who worked for FoxSports Chicago. She was a Sox fan and we would always IM each other. Hopefully she found/finds another job soon.

Frontman
06-25-2006, 07:43 AM
He appears on a show aired on MSNBC, that is hosted by Tucker Carlson. I'm not sure of the name, but they each argue one side to a current news topic.

Yeah, that's cool, but I'd prefer to see him argue sports, especially boxing. The man has a great understanding of that sport.

Front

Max Power
06-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I interned at FSN a few summers ago (as did Jerry Manual Jr.). Good times. I'll miss the random college basketball games, but otherwise I'm surprised FSN lasted this long. Farewell, I'll remember them when I wear one of the many t-shirts they gave me.

Lyle Mouton
06-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that's cool, but I'd prefer to see him argue sports, especially boxing. The man has a great understanding of that sport.

Front

have you ever heard the story of what happened to his brother?

messed up...and he hasn't been the same since

I want Mags back
06-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Haven't seen this posted yet, but on Friday the 23th at midnight, Fox Sports Net ceised broadcasting in Chicago. Bummer, now we can't watch fabulous programing like the Best Damn Sports show, Poker Superstars, or the Sports list

Chips
06-25-2006, 02:22 PM
[/URL][URL="http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73850"]Did you use the search tool? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73850)

I want Mags back
06-25-2006, 02:25 PM
no, sorry, how do I do that. oh well. It should be in the parking lot anyway, its not about baseball

Chips
06-25-2006, 02:37 PM
no, sorry, how do I do that. oh well. It should be in the parking lot anyway, its not about baseball

Do you see that nice button thats reads Search? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/search.php)

Frontman
06-25-2006, 02:58 PM
have you ever heard the story of what happened to his brother?

messed up...and he hasn't been the same since

Totally messed up. Him and his brother were huge supporters of boxing, and for his brother's death to go down like that was just horrible. Although its been now a few years, I'm sure its something you just don't "get over." I just would like to see him involved again with sports programming, versus doing a devil's advocate segment about things he may or may not be passionate about.

Front

havelj
06-27-2006, 11:06 AM
What happened?

I read that they are D.O.A. I am at work...is the station on? Will we be able to see shows such as "Sports List" and "Best Damn Sports..." ?

SOXintheBURGH
06-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Theres a thread on this that started in TB a few days ago.

havelj
06-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I did a search for "FOX" but put in the wrong parameters.

Whoops, sorry. Found it.

EdHerman12
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Gone....but not forgotten.

GO SOX!

EdHerman12
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Most of the TV broadcast feeds that are seen on MLB EXTRA INNINGS come from some type of Fox Sports Network. I know a lot of the Baltimore broadcasts are from COMCAST out there,the Braves from Turner South, the Red Sox come from NESN,and of course the Yankees from YES, but most are off a Fox network

GO SOX!

spiffie
06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
but where am I going to watch poker???

If you remove the teal you have my exact reaction. For those of us who are poker junkies FSN was the only place that ever showed unedited tournaments, which are a vastly different experience than the rest of the poker shown on the tube. And since FSN Chicago had so much time to fill it meant I got a lot of poker options on there.

Other than missing Summer Sanders on my tv that's my only regret about losing FSN Chicago.

LuvSox
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
No more Summer Sanders :whiner:

Don't worry Summer, we'll always have GIS.

CynicSox
06-27-2006, 01:14 PM
They had a severe lack of programming since Comcast Sports Net took over.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
[quote=thomas35foreverThis was the station that broadcast Bulls games during the Jordan era. Remember when it was called SportsChannel? I really only watched The Sports List and not even that often on that channel. RIP FSN Chicago. You shall not be forgotten.[/quote]

Hey, forget SportsChannel...remember SportsVision????

SouthSide_HitMen
06-27-2006, 04:32 PM
If you remove the teal you have my exact reaction. For those of us who are poker junkies FSN was the only place that ever showed unedited tournaments, which are a vastly different experience than the rest of the poker shown on the tube. And since FSN Chicago had so much time to fill it meant I got a lot of poker options on there.

Other than missing Summer Sanders on my tv that's my only regret about losing FSN Chicago.

Have you ever seen the WSOP live at The Horseshoe?

I went in what turned out to be the final year. I knew Harrington and a few other players but it is a long process when you don't know what the players have (I stayed for a few hours total).

It would be cool to see an unedited tournament (I don't have cable so I didn't get to watch Fox's unedited coverage) knowing what the players have.

I play limit ($4-8 to $6-12) in Vegas. Do you play no limit games or tournaments?

Fenway
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM
FSN New England is on borrowed time as well as the only team they have are the Celtics and their ratings are simply awful compared to the Bruins on NESN. FSN is hurting in New York as well as both baseball teams now have their own networks so in the summer they have 2 channels with nothing (MSG and FSN NY)

flo-B-flo
06-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Never watched it. What will comcast do?

Soxfanspcu11
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
So does anyone know what is going on with this??

It has now been off the air for like 3 weeks. I don't know what the rest of the Chicago area is experiencing, but here it is all static.

You would think that by now, they would have replaced it with SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!!

I don't know much about the television industry/business, but I would think that Comcast or someone has to be losing money right now. I mean, it's like "Dead-Air" on the radio. Nothing being talked about=nothing to sell=no money.

I'm really surprised that they haven't put a new channel up yet. Personally I am hoping for the NASA channel. Saw it at a friend's house who has Direct TV, and it ROCKS!!!

Anyway, anyone know what is going on? Anyone heard anything??:?:

HotelWhiteSox
07-14-2006, 12:57 AM
I kind of felt bad for FSN Chicago, I remember reading how they had just built a brand new studio and then right after the Chicago owners helped start up CSN. I like the more locally centralled programming with CSN though. FSN had nothing like SportsNite, which I love when I've missed a Sox highlight, you don't have to play the ESPN guessing game

So does anyone know what is going on with this??

It has now been off the air for like 3 weeks. I don't know what the rest of the Chicago area is experiencing, but here it is all static.

You would think that by now, they would have replaced it with SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!!

I don't know much about the television industry/business, but I would think that Comcast or someone has to be losing money right now. I mean, it's like "Dead-Air" on the radio. Nothing being talked about=nothing to sell=no money.

I'm really surprised that they haven't put a new channel up yet. Personally I am hoping for the NASA channel. Saw it at a friend's house who has Direct TV, and it ROCKS!!!

Anyway, anyone know what is going on? Anyone heard anything??:?:

They would have just added another channel before this if that was the plan. It just went off air, and I doubt they're scrambling for a replacement. Probably nothing or a shopping channel.