PDA

View Full Version : one thing I think tigers and white sox fans can agree on

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 09:47 PM
The NL central can't be too happy with having to play us both for interleague this year.(though it might be made up for by the chance to play the royals)

getonbckthr
06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
The NL central can't be too happy with having to play us both for interleague this year.(though it might be made up for by the chance to play the royals)
Tell that to Pittsburgh.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Tell that to Pittsburgh.

he, good point

gobears1987
06-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Tell that to Pittsburgh.Or the Astros.

rookie
06-23-2006, 10:26 PM
The only thing good about this for the NL Central, is that their standings haven't changed too much.

ChiSoxLifer
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, don't forget it helps the NL Central increase their strength of schedule.

getonbckthr
06-24-2006, 12:27 AM
And it weakens their chances of a wild card.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-24-2006, 12:32 AM
The only thing good about this for the NL Central, is that their standings haven't changed too much.
And conversely, neither have ours (unless you're the Jndians :D: ).

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 12:40 AM
And conversely, neither have ours (unless you're the Jndians :D: ).

true. which just goes to show how strong this division is.

A. Cavatica
06-24-2006, 12:57 AM
The Indians and Twinkies can't be too happy about it either. :redneck

FloridaTigers
06-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Man, I was hoping that all NL teams beat all the AL teams (Not named the Tigers of course) so the wildcard lead would be better if we ever fall to it. But damn, the NL is the AL's bitch.

CLR01
06-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Man, I was hoping that all NL teams beat all the AL teams (Not named the Tigers of course) so the wildcard lead would be better if we ever fall to it. But damn, the NL is the AL's bitch.
If? :?: The kittens are 8-2 in their last ten games and they still lost a game and a half. It is going to happen, embrace it. The only question is when it does happen will they be able to hold on to it?

FloridaTigers
06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Yes, IF. The Tigers and Sox both go on these very long hot streaks. We've been as much as 3.0 games (if not 3.5 or 4.0 if I recall correctly) The Sox have been unstoppable as of late, but they got to cool down sometime. The factor will be if they cool down as the Tigers cool down. Or will the Tigers cool down while the Sox remain hot? Or vice versa? Anything can happen baby, 9 innings. :cool:

QCIASOXFAN
06-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Yes, IF. The Tigers and Sox both go on these very long hot streaks. We've been as much as 3.0 games (if not 3.5 or 4.0 if I recall correctly) The Sox have been unstoppable as of late, but they got to cool down sometime. The factor will be if they cool down as the Tigers cool down. Or will the Tigers cool down while the Sox remain hot? Or vice versa? Anything can happen baby, 9 innings. :cool:I am pretty sure your team will cool down before we do Tiger fan. Have fun on that road trip out west next week. :smile:

CLR01
06-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Yes, IF. The Tigers and Sox both go on these very long hot streaks. We've been as much as 3.0 games (if not 3.5 or 4.0 if I recall correctly) The Sox have been unstoppable as of late, but they got to cool down sometime. The factor will be if they cool down as the Tigers cool down. Or will the Tigers cool down while the Sox remain hot? Or vice versa? Anything can happen baby, 9 innings. :cool:

I guess everyone is allowed to dream. Just don't let it effect your daily life though.:gulp:

TheOldRoman
06-24-2006, 01:27 AM
The biggest problem with your arguement - up until this current streak, the Sox haven't played good this year. That's right, they were winning games, but they weren't firing on all cylanders. If the Sox can stay consistant for the rest of the year, we will be soaked in champagne sometime around September 15.

cwsfannick
06-24-2006, 01:57 AM
In my opinion both the Tigers and the Sox are playoff worthy teams. Both have outstanding offenses and tremendous pitching. Where I think the difference will come is the bullpen. I have to believe right now that Jenks is more reliable than Jones. With this being said I give the edge to the White Sox to win the Division and the Tigers to win the AL Wildcard. For the other two races the Red Sox win the east and Oakland wins the West.

swanson24
06-24-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't see either the Sox or the Tigers missing the playoffs this year. It will be great because the East Coast Media will be so disappointed that their darlings the Red Sox and the Yankees are not both in the playoff picture. God knows Detroit baseball fans have seen some bad baseball over the past fifteen years and deserve to see their team make the playoffs. Hear is to hoping that the Sox and Tigers both make the playoffs and end up facing off against each other in the ALCS. This would bring Chris Berman, Peter Gammons and the rest of those ESPN dopes to tears.

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2006, 03:44 AM

Unfortunately, this isn't the NCAA where "other" factors such as that determine if you make the tournament or not.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of a score we'll have at the All Star Game.

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't see either the Sox or the Tigers missing the playoffs this year. It will be great because the East Coast Media will be so disappointed that their darlings the Red Sox and the Yankees are not both in the playoff picture. God knows Detroit baseball fans have seen some bad baseball over the past fifteen years and deserve to see their team make the playoffs. Hear is to hoping that the Sox and Tigers both make the playoffs and end up facing off against each other in the ALCS. This would bring Chris Berman, Peter Gammons and the rest of those ESPN dopes to tears.

good lord, a voice of reason! This is exactly the mindset I had been thinking of when i started this thread.

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't see either the Sox or the Tigers missing the playoffs this year. It will be great because the East Coast Media will be so disappointed that their darlings the Red Sox and the Yankees are not both in the playoff picture. God knows Detroit baseball fans have seen some bad baseball over the past fifteen years and deserve to see their team make the playoffs. Hear is to hoping that the Sox and Tigers both make the playoffs and end up facing off against each other in the ALCS. This would bring Chris Berman, Peter Gammons and the rest of those ESPN dopes to tears.It looks like the Indians are going to make me eat my words. I picked them to finish 2nd in the ALC, but it's hard to describe the suckitude emanating from Cleveland. Swept by the Brewers, dropped 2 of 3 to the Flubs and now down 1 to the Reds. :puking:

It's looking more and more like the Tigers are going to have a great shot at a WC, although they won't finish within 5 games of the Sox.

caulfield12
06-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Somehow, I have a feeling that Liriano could be throwing a no-hitter, the White Sox could be clinching the division and the Tigers the Wild Card simultaneously and ESPN would still be doing a 45 minute wrap-up of Roger Clemens' final career start (until he changes his mind next season again).

downstairs
06-24-2006, 10:37 AM
The Tigers look and feel like a wild card team...

And, wild card teams ARE dangerous come playoff time...

I'm predicting an all-midwest, all-Central championship series...

White Sox vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Reds

caulfield12
06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
The Cardinals, with what pitching?

They're starting Sidney Freaking Ponson Sunday...Mulder might be done for the season (ala Rick Ankiel)...Reyes might be their best pitcher.

Chris Carpenter has returned to his normal career form, inconsistent. He got torched last night.

Jeff Suppan wouldn't get a sniff of the starting rotation with us.

oeo
06-24-2006, 11:56 AM

The Royals would not have as bad as a record if they played in the NL. And teams like the Pirates and Cubs would have equal records to the Royals. I don't think the Royals are the worst team in baseball, there are a few worse in the NL, but the NL is so weak, you don't notice it.

champagne030
06-24-2006, 12:27 PM
The Cardinals, with what pitching?

They're starting Sidney Freaking Ponson Sunday...Mulder might be done for the season (ala Rick Ankiel)...Reyes might be their best pitcher.

Chris Carpenter has returned to his normal career form, inconsistent. He got torched last night.

Jeff Suppan wouldn't get a sniff of the starting rotation with us.

And who is head and shoulders above the Cardinals in the weak NL? The Mets? They recently ran Lima out to the mound and we'll see if Martinez still has an arm come October. The NL blows and the Cardinals have as good a shot as anyone.

caulfield12
06-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes, I think the Mets are better.

And, over the course of the season, I think the Astros will overtake the Reds and the Cardinals.

The Giants might be able to get there behind the pitching of Schmidt and Cain, although they have quite a few holes to patch.

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 12:38 PM
The Tigers look and feel like a wild card team...

And, wild card teams ARE dangerous come playoff time...

I'm predicting an all-midwest, all-Central championship series...

White Sox vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Reds

that sounds good to me

Palehose13
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM

Boys, it is still very early. At this time last year, not many people thought that Cleveland would be even close to getting a playoff spot.

I am going to say to the Tiger fans what others had told us Sox fans for years:

The Sox have experience down this run, you guys don't. My money goes to the Sox.

The

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, I think the Mets are better.

And, over the course of the season, I think the Astros will overtake the Reds and the Cardinals.

The Giants might be able to get there behind the pitching of Schmidt and Cain, although they have quite a few holes to patch.

the astros as well may be about to take a serious standing hit due to playing the sox and tigers back to back. not that it means they can't recover, but a 6 game slide in the standings is meaningful at any part of the year. assuming, of course we both beat up on them, not assured by any means. but i think it's possible.

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Boys, it is still very early. At this time last year, not many people thought that Cleveland would be even close to getting a playoff spot.

Even though the pieces have changed, that Cleveland team is very similar to the team that played .900 ball for six weeks last year. Don't write them off yet. Same goes for the Twins.

That's OK, I like a good race, as long as the Sox win at the end!

ComiskeyBrewer
06-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Eh, my brewers have moved up into a tie for 3rd, and only 3 games out of the WC because you guys keep whuppin the stros and Cardinals. Keep it up!

Ol' No. 2
06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
The Royals would not have as bad as a record if they played in the NL. And teams like the Pirates and Cubs would have equal records to the Royals. I don't think the Royals are the worst team in baseball, there are a few worse in the NL, but the NL is so weak, you don't notice it.I'll go one better. I think the Royals would have a BETTER record than the Flubs or Pirates if they played in the NL central.

SOXintheBURGH
06-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll go one better. I think the Royals would have a BETTER record than the Flubs or Pirates if they played in the NL central.

The Pirates are something unholy like 4-22 in 1 run games this year too. :whiner:

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
I'll go one better. I think the Royals would have a BETTER record than the Flubs or Pirates if they played in the NL central.

I agree. It doesn't get much worse than the Flubs or Pirates.

California Sox
06-24-2006, 10:14 PM
the astros as well may be about to take a serious standing hit due to playing the sox and tigers back to back. not that it means they can't recover, but a 6 game slide in the standings is meaningful at any part of the year. assuming, of course we both beat up on them, not assured by any means. but i think it's possible.

I'd hold off on that 6 game Astros losing streak if I were you. They're starting to play pretty well. We were somewhat fortunate to beat them today. They put some great at bats together but couldn't get the key hit to break the game open. Can't let the Sox hang around at the Cell. Tomorrow they got Oswalt going and in the Detroit series they'll be throwing Clemens. They'll be fine.

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd hold off on that 6 game Astros losing streak if I were you. They're starting to play pretty well. We were somewhat fortunate to beat them today. They put some great at bats together but couldn't get the key hit to break the game open. Can't let the Sox hang around at the Cell. Tomorrow they got Oswalt going and in the Detroit series they'll be throwing Clemens. They'll be fine.

I guaranteed nothing. don't put words in my mouth. I said that the astros have a chance to take a 6 game hit right now. do you disagree that such a chance is now at hand? you seem to have a evil gremlin of a tigers fan in your mind, and you're projecting that image's feelings on to actual people. I urge you to deal with what people are actually saying and not figments of your imagination. you'll find most tigers fans are quite realistic and not thinking of crazy moonshots at the moment.

mccoydp
06-24-2006, 11:50 PM
I guaranteed nothing. don't put words in my mouth. I said that the astros have a chance to take a 6 game hit right now. do you disagree that such a chance is now at hand? you seem to have a evil gremlin of a tigers fan in your mind, and you're projecting that image's feelings on to actual people. I urge you to deal with what people are actually saying and not figments of your imagination. you'll find most tigers fans are quite realistic and not thinking of crazy moonshots at the moment.

"Drugs are bad, m'kay?"