PDA

View Full Version : Exploding scoreboard

thomas35forever
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
When my dad first told me the scoreboard exploded whenever a Sox player hits a home run, the first thought that popped into my head was "How do they rebuild it?" Did you ever think that way?

Evman5
06-23-2006, 09:56 PM
in a word....no

How old were you?

QCIASOXFAN
06-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Is this a life question, because if so that is a pretty awful example.

BeviBall!
06-23-2006, 10:17 PM
If a tree falls and no one is around.........

I want Mags back
06-23-2006, 11:50 PM
what the ****. Im so lost right now

lumpyspun
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I hate when I visit WSI and I log off more dumb than I was when I first logged on.

thomas35forever
06-24-2006, 12:45 AM
in a word....no

How old were you?
I was 7. It was about the time I started following the Sox.

MrRoboto83
06-24-2006, 12:54 AM
I think the Cell could use an Exploding Scoreboard update. I went to Jacobs Field back in May and thought their scoreboard was really nice. I think it would be cool to make a much larger board combining the Diamondvison and scoreboard all into one massive breath taking Exploding Rocket Launcher Board.

CashMan
06-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Thomas35forever, it is kinda like you started mid paragraph. I think at 17, I made a little more sense than that.

paciorek1983
06-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I think the Cell could use an Exploding Scoreboard update. I went to Jacobs Field back in May and thought their scoreboard was really nice. I think it would be cool to make a much larger board combining the Diamondvison and scoreboard all into one massive breath taking Exploding Rocket Launcher Board.

It is most definitely time for an update. Everything should be combined into one board, and a retro clock needs to be added as well.

kevingrt
06-24-2006, 01:48 AM
I hate when I visit WSI and I log off more dumb than I was when I first logged on.

That's the best part, god am i stupid.

sodfatherjunior
06-24-2006, 01:48 AM
I had ribs for lunch, that's why I'm doing this w/my teeth........riiiiiiiiiiibs.

white sox bill
06-24-2006, 08:52 AM
When my dad first told me the scoreboard exploded whenever a Sox player hits a home run, the first thought that popped into my head was "How do they rebuild it?" Did you ever think that way?

Yea I thought, how do they rebuild it so fast?? I was about 7 too! :)

NonetheLoaiza
06-24-2006, 10:58 AM
How come when I log on to WSI, I read any given thread, and in it there are about 4 people criticizing the author for being dumb?

When I was little, my dad told me that the fireworks came out of the scoreboard (I believe in the old park they used to?) But I always thought when I was little, at the new park, that the fireworks came out of those chutes right above.

I think it would be cool if they updated the scoreboard a bit, and added some things, but beggars can't be choosers. I believe someone said it in a thread a long time ago, that they should just keep adding and adding to the scoreboard to make and keep it the biggest in MLB. Now, that would be awesome.

oeo
06-24-2006, 11:02 AM
How come when I log on to WSI, I read any given thread, and in it there are about 4 people criticizing the author for being dumb?

Insecure with their own intelligence?

NonetheLoaiza
06-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Insecure with their own intelligence?
Meaning...?

What did that post have to do my intelligence?

hsnterprize
06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I remember SEVERAL threads we'd had about ballpark renovations and all, but I think this idea would be relevant. As far as updating the scoreboards is concerned, I think the Sox should do this...

1) Enlarge the TV screen in the center-field videoboard. Granted, it would take the advertisements away, but, the larger and clearer HD screen would be a very nice touch.

2) The left-field scoreboard would be changed from a regular dot-matrix to a full-color LED board similar to the scoreboard in Cleveland. And...the black railing around it would be re-designed to form the shape of the original exploding scoreboard from the 60's. There would be the pinwheels and all the decorations to pay tribute to Bill Veeck's creation.

3) The right-field out-of-town scoreboard would also be a full-color LED videoboard. The railing around that would be re-designed to look like the exploding scoreboard at Comiskey Park from the 80's to when the park was torn down in the early 90's.

I'm thinking that design would be a nice tribute to the whole "exploding scoreboard" thing that the Sox started. It would be a good way for people to learn about why fireworks after home runs are such a common thing in baseball.

Tokes
06-24-2006, 08:14 PM
if you believe that you must have thought the stadium blew up the past week. Our team average for the past week is 10 runs. A ten run average will definently blow **** up.

nsolo
06-24-2006, 09:02 PM

Thank You.

oeo
06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Meaning...?

What did that post have to do my intelligence?

That wasn't intended at you. Notice the word "their"; I was referring to those who just call people dumb all the time.

NonetheLoaiza
06-25-2006, 10:15 AM
That wasn't intended at you. Notice the word "their"; I was referring to those who just call people dumb all the time.
Sorry about that. I am obviously an idiot.:redface: I looked at it quick. Maybe I should be insecure with my own intelligence.

06-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I fully admit I used to think they came out of the pinwheels, even when I was older...I used to always sit in the upper tank when the new park first opened and I made $3.00 an hour working at Rainbow Cone in Beverly, and looking straight on from the upper deck, it sure did look like it!....when I got older and started hanging on the concourse with my beer/smokes, I looked up and was like "Hey, they come out of the parking lot".Boy was I :redface:

XplodingScorbord
06-25-2006, 08:29 PM
This is nit picking, because I obviously love the exploding scoreboard, but I wish the fireworks were launched from directly behind the board, to keep the illusion that they come out of the pinwheel rails. As it is right now, the fireworks are exploding well to the left field side of the board, which makes it clear that they're not being launched from the scoreboard.

Oh, well. Just keep the fireworks coming and I'll be happy!