PDA

View Full Version : What do the players wear...

Trav
06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
on their hands?

Anyone know where I can find what model glove some of the players wear?

esbrechtel
06-23-2006, 06:47 PM
do you mean batting gloves or fielding gloves? either way every player uses a different type....i know that konerko uses franklin batting gloves and thome and crede use nike batting gloves....i believe cintron uses a mizuno mitt...

TheDarkGundam
06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ng8IZNxHqo5LoM:i.esmas.com/image/0/000/003/959/aluoAP_NT_.jpg
"Batting gloves? Who needs batting gloves? I've got something just as good, and it's free!"

Trav
06-23-2006, 07:08 PM
mitts, sorry.

pwideiki
06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Rawlings Gold Glove series and the Wilson A2000 series are both great gloves that many pro's use. You usually wont find these gloves at Dick's Sporting Goods or Sports Authority. I recommend searching online or calling around to local sporting goods stores. Santo's Sports near 111th and Ridgeland Ave. have a nice selection of very good gloves.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I used to have a promotional tigers batting glove i wore when i played little league in the 80s. you should have seen it, it was great.

dagame2005
06-23-2006, 10:44 PM
There are a couple of the sports catalogs that show what some wear. Eastbay comes to mind. A lot of players wear Wilson A2000 gloves including Schilling. There is also a newer model with an exo skeleton on the back of the fingers (the a2003 I think). Kerry Wood as well as others use that one ( don't worry the injuries are not because of the glove, its actually very nice. The only other one that I know is Ichiro. He uses a Mizuno.

Dancin' Homer
06-23-2006, 11:15 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ng8IZNxHqo5LoM:i.esmas.com/image/0/000/003/959/aluoAP_NT_.jpg
"Batting gloves? Who needs batting gloves? I've got something just as good, and it's free!"

:kneeslap:so good!!

If Alou was right, the tops of my feet are bullet-proof.

TheOldRoman
06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
IMO, the Rawlings Pro Preferred series is the best you can get. They are very expensive ($250-300), but if you want the real thing, you are going to have to spend money no matter what brand you get.

I want Mags back
06-24-2006, 12:53 AM
I hate Mizuno stuff. had one from my cousin ears back. A ****ty mitt, I must say

TDog
06-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Not that I am comparing myself to someone who could actually play baseball for a living, but I have a Wilson 2800 first baseman's glove. When I play, I use a Rawlings Century II Series glove, which isn't their top of the line. The Wilson glove looks so nice I have it on a shelf for show.

Actually, fielding gloves are a matter of preference. Some players prefer Rawlings and other prefer Wilson. Some even go elsewhere. Batting gloves are more accessible because they aren't as complicated or specialized. They too are a matter of personal preference, but Franklin is big. I have a pair of Franklin gloves, but I prefer a pair of Louisville Slugger gloves, which I only use for baserunning. If I had to grip a bat with my gloves, I might feel differently.

I believe Ken Harrelson started the batting glove trend by wearing a golf glove at the plate.

SoXPriDe33
06-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I suggest going to baseballexpress.com and ordering a free catalog from them. They have a very large selection of gloves to choose from. My brother and I get all our baseball stuff from there.

MrRoboto83
06-24-2006, 02:09 AM
:kneeslap:so good!!

If Alou was right, the tops of my feet are bullet-proof.

:o:

Timmy D's
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
There are a couple of the sports catalogs that show what some wear. Eastbay comes to mind. A lot of players wear Wilson A2000 gloves including Schilling. There is also a newer model with an exo skeleton on the back of the fingers (the a2003 I think). Kerry Wood as well as others use that one ( don't worry the injuries are not because of the glove, its actually very nice. The only other one that I know is Ichiro. He uses a Mizuno.

A3000 is the exo skeleton model. I have 2 of them an infield 11.5" and outfield 12.5"(I get to use whatever one my son is not using at the time.):(: . It's basically a rubber strip that acts as almost a splint on the exterior of the glove on each finger, helping it keep it's "stance". It's made w/ what they call a"kip" leather, which I have no idea what that means, but it is a nice soft leather, and very easy to break in. I still have an old A2000 I cherish that I used in HS and college. I hardly ever use it, as I am afraid the web lacing will finally break. I could easily relace it, but I prefer to just leave her sit dormant w/ a ball inside her sitting on a shelf in my basement. Sounds corny, but sometimes I can bring back memories of days I had completely forgotten just by smelling it. Still smells like new leather.:smile:

Anyways, a glove of this caliber should last you a life time!! Find the one that fits you best and make that determination. If you wanna shop by price, baseball glove warehouse . com has tough to beat prices, or ask around, alot of Wilson employees I used to know, could score an A2000 for example for $47.50:o: . I shoulda married that one!!!:whiner:

Trav
06-24-2006, 08:36 AM
I knew that the A2000 was a popular choice among players. I think some of the top players of the day designed the first model. I was just wondering what Crede wears and Guillen wore. Thanks for the input guys.

Steelrod
06-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Neither the Wilson A2000 or the Rawling are exactly what the pro's wear. The design is basically the same but the pro leather is a better grade. If you have a chance to feel a game glove and a store glove, you will see the difference.
For our use however, there is no difference!