PDA

View Full Version : Lots of cardinal fans at cell and us in cinci

stacksedwards
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
seeing all of the cardinal fans at the cell this week and seeing all the sox' fans in cinci last weekend it got me thinking. What teams in MLB have the biggest "nations" of fans.

I was thinking it is probably
1) yankees (easy to jump on that bandwagon)
2) red sox ( they got sam adams)
3) cubs (stadium draws tourist)
4) cardinals (ice cold budwiser)
5) White Sox maybe giants or dogers going back to fans from new york with giants and dodgers.

anybody see it differently..

ewokpelts
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
cards fans come here becuase it's 5-7 hours to drive here....i have no problem with them spending money in our park.....and even with all teh redbirds fans, i was still able to get groups set up a few weeks before the game

Dan Mega
06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
I didn't mind the Cardinals fans. They were nice...and stayed relatively quite given how the birds got mugged.

areilly
06-23-2006, 05:11 PM
seeing all of the cardinal fans at the cell this week and seeing all the sox' fans in cinci last weekend it got me thinking. What teams in MLB have the biggest "nations" of fans.

5) White Sox maybe giants or dogers going back to fans from new york with giants and dodgers.

I'll agree with the Yanks, Cubs, and Carmines, but I don't think the Cards have that much of a reach outside the midwest, nor do the Sox have that much of a reach beyond the south side of Chicago. In fact, I'd be shocked if the Sox were even in the top 10 as far as fanbase size goes.

I'd put the Braves up there, possibly the Angels too. I know the Mariners have a huge following in Asian nations (and I'm saying this as someone who's been to more than Asian nation lately). The Dodgers, Giants, and Mets are all very "famous" teams as well.

Looking at all those names, I can hear the song in my head now..."One of these teams is not like the other / One of these teams just doesn't belong..." :rolleyes:

MrRoboto83
06-24-2006, 02:28 AM

The Mets, Braves, Dodgers, Giants have a bigger following than the White Sox. With TBS and winning for over a decade there are Braves Fans everywhere.

The Bone
06-24-2006, 02:35 AM

You can't have a list like this without the Braves. They are the only other superstation team besides the Cubs. A big reason why the Cubs have such a following is the fact that they have been on the Superstation so much.

hsnterprize
06-24-2006, 09:25 AM
You can't have a list like this without the Braves. They are the only other superstation team besides the Cubs. A big reason why the Cubs have such a following is the fact that they have been on the Superstation so much.National exposure is a BIG reason for the Cubs' popularity. I tell people that all the time...especially out-of-towners who think the Cubs are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Funny thing is...after I tell folks about how and why the Cubs are so popular, they often respond favorably to me, and agree with what I'm saying.

Let's fate it...like it or not, Wrigley Field is an old, and historic stadium. People from all over the country don't have a place like this where they're from, and despite our feelings towards the place, people have generally looked upon Wrigley Field with a sense of awe. I personally respect the fact that Wrigley does have history on its side, but that's where I draw the line. Sure, it's over 90 years old, and a lot of things have happened in that place. But we all know why that place gets a lot more hype. It's amazing what happens when you explain to people the source of the Cubs' popularity...they look at you as if to say, "You've lifted a veil from my eyes, and I can see clearly now."

fquaye149
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
devil rays.

those *******s are everywhere

Lyle Mouton
06-24-2006, 10:34 AM
You can't have a list like this without the Braves. They are the only other superstation team besides the Cubs. A big reason why the Cubs have such a following is the fact that they have been on the Superstation so much.

yet they can't come close to filling their own stadium