PDA

View Full Version : StatHead Question


RichH55
02-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey guys I was wondering (not sure what to call it) but the stat that references a players minor league numbers and turns them into Major League Equivalent and any good sites that list that stat among others(I love those stats but dont know where to look)...also if you have them if someone can post Credes "expected" numbers that would help put my mind at ease

Daver
02-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Hey guys I was wondering (not sure what to call it) but the stat that references a players minor league numbers and turns them into Major League Equivalent and any good sites that list that stat among others(I love those stats but dont know where to look)...also if you have them if someone can post Credes "expected" numbers that would help put my mind at ease

You can find some of your answers here.

kermittheefrog
02-08-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Hey guys I was wondering (not sure what to call it) but the stat that references a players minor league numbers and turns them into Major League Equivalent and any good sites that list that stat among others(I love those stats but dont know where to look)...also if you have them if someone can post Credes "expected" numbers that would help put my mind at ease

Well Rich, you pretty much have the name already, Major League Equivalency or MLE. Unfortunately MLE data isn't available for free anywhere, I advise if you're interested ordering a copy of the 2002 Stats Minor League Handbook. Here is Crede's MLE for last year:

.272/.338/.454 460 AB 66 R 125 H 33 D 0 T 17 HR 64 RBI 46 BB 92 K

beausox
02-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Also, Baseball Prospectus 2002 will be hitting stores in a week or two and should have more info for you on Crede on other Sox major and minor league players. For just over twenty bucks, its the best book of the year.

kermittheefrog
02-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by beausox
Also, Baseball Prospectus 2002 will be hitting stores in a week or two and should have more info for you on Crede on other Sox major and minor league players. For just over twenty bucks, its the best book of the year.

Right now you can still order it on amazon.com for 30% off. With shipping my order came out to about 19.50, a bargain for a book like the BP. Rich if you like stats I'd advise picking up Baseball Prospectus, it's a great book even if you aren't a stathead.

cornball
02-09-2002, 08:03 AM
Stats Inc. comes out with a book every year. Bill James has some uniquie formula which is the basis of which the others were formed. It listed all of the major league player and a projection.

The projections are so close sometimes it is scary other times the are so far off you wonder, but it is interesting reading.

RichH55
02-09-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Right now you can still order it on amazon.com for 30% off. With shipping my order came out to about 19.50, a bargain for a book like the BP. Rich if you like stats I'd advise picking up Baseball Prospectus, it's a great book even if you aren't a stathead.


Done and Done....looking forward to getting my hands on this badboy....now if I ever get around to emailing West for help on buying a computer I can join the 21st century