Astros @ White Sox - 26% Josh Lewin, Lou Piniella
Reds @ Indians - 6% Kenny Albert, Chris Welsh
Phillies @ Red Sox - 46% Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, Ken Rosenthal
4 P.M. GAME SUMMARIES:
A's @ Giants - 21% Thom Brennaman, Steve Lyons

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5619630

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I HATE having the game of the week. Night games I can go to since I have work in the morn'

MarySwiss
06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
1 P.M. GAME SUMMARIES:
4 P.M. GAME SUMMARIES:

Okay, so here's the part I never get. Since the game in Phoenix is the late one, will the three earlier games still be blacked out on MLB.tv?

Fenway
06-23-2006, 12:22 PM
What I hate about FOX is if you are in a market that is not showing the game you want it is almost impossible to see the game as sportsbars can not get the signal. The exception is games carried by FOX5 in NY are on the bird ( of course most weeks that is the Mets or Yankees )

White Sox/Houston should be the #1 game being a rematch of last years World Series but FOX made Boston the #1 game knowing Yankees fans in NY will watch.

samram
06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Okay, so here's the part I never get. Since the game in Phoenix is the late one, will the three earlier games still be blacked out on MLB.tv?

Yes they will.

I'm in Red Sox territory, of course.:angry:

SoxFan78
06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
1 P.M. GAME SUMMARIES:
4 P.M. GAME SUMMARIES:

I know I shouldnt care about the media coverage and other stuff, but how can the rematch from last years world series not be the number one game? Thats complete bull!

This is why there are mostly Red Sox/Yankees on the all star game, because thats all the media forces down the countries throat!

**** you fox!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fenway
06-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Yup Fox has an exclusive on the 1 PM/7PM Eastern window. The reason for this is FOX makes the bulk of their money back on local ad sales so they insist the local FOX station is the only way you can see baseball. Prime example of this was when Bonds hit #715. ESPN had been showing every at-bat live but the magic moment came on a FOX game @ Oakland.

Kogs35
06-23-2006, 12:25 PM
The game is also on ESPN RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarySwiss
06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes they will.

I'm in Red Sox territory, of course.:angry:

Crap! That's what I thought.

kevingrt
06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I am more mad we dont get Lyons and Brennaman. I love those two together. Lewin isn't bad though.

Frater Perdurabo
06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
This is a steaming pile of Rupert Murdoch's feces. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Probably because of their proximity to Houston, or because it's a rematch of the World Series, the following Texas (or nearby) cities all get the Sox-Houston game on Saturday: Abilene, Alexandria (LA), Austin, Baton Rouge (LA), Beaumont, El Paso, Harlingen, Corpus Christi, Houston (obviously), San Antonio, San Angelo, Sherman, Victoria, Waco, Wichita Falls, Oklahoma City (OK), Tulsa (OK), Wichita (KS) and even frigging Springfield (MO).

Here in Dallas/Fort Worth, one would think we'd get the Texas team playing. Nope, we get the RED CUBS.

What's that smell? Oh, Rupert must be crapping again.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

MISoxfan
06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Here in good old Port Hueneme, CA they will be showing a new episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at gametime.

Kogs35
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
again if u dont get the game on fox or if you dont get the gameday audio, then just turn to espn radio cause it will be broadcasted on there.

Zisk77
06-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Hmmm being in the St. louis Metro area I'll will of course get the game because Card fans want to see us woop the division rival astros.... wait, no cards fans are more interested on Bosox/ Phillies???!!!:angry:

gbergman
06-24-2006, 01:30 AM
uggh. in st. louis and i get the red cubs game cheeses rice

RadioheadRocks
06-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Stop the freaking world... they're actually showing the White Sox game in Oklahoma City! (the loud thud you just heard was me hitting the floor)

lumpyspun
06-24-2006, 01:40 AM
The worst part about being on the west coast and having the late game is that when the White Sox are playing Fox puts on cartoons out here. It is like a cruel joke....the rematch of last year's World Series is on but Fox puts on Thomas the Tank Engine or whatever cartoons are on these days....

If Fox and ESPN got in a fist fight I would hope they would somehow both kill each other.

MrRoboto83
06-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Hmmm being in the St. louis Metro area I'll will of course get the game because Card fans want to see us woop the division rival astros.... wait, no cards fans are more interested on Bosox/ Phillies???!!!:angry:

Makes zero sense. Why does Fox think the whole world is interested in the Red Cubs? The Midwest should get midwest games.

PKalltheway
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
I was just curious about this and I know somebody will certainly give me the answer. Why doesn't Fox show a doubleheader? Like there's the normal 1 pm game like the White Sox and Astros that they show, but they don't show the 4 pm game (Giants and A's this week). Why don't they ever show both games? I know about the territorial stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to show two games on Saturday would it? What else are they gonna show on Fox afterwards (between 4 and 7 anyway)?

CLR01
06-24-2006, 02:24 AM

I am in O'Fallon and my direct TV guide has listed the Red/Indians game for the last week. :dunno:

likeawarlord
06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
This is why there are mostly Red Sox/Yankees on the all star game, because thats all the media forces down the countries throat!

the national sports media makes hyping sawx-yankees its number one priority, and then complains when nobody watches sox-astros in the world series. seems to me that they're just reaping what they sow.

DumpJerry
06-25-2006, 01:35 PM
uggh. in st. louis and i get the red cubs game cheeses rice
Hey! No personal attacks on WSI posters!

At least ESPN carries only one game on Sunday nights, so we don't have to go throught this crap.

I was at the game yesterday (Saturday). The timing of the start was way off-I'm sure it's Fox's fault. They did Thunderstuck and the players did not come out on the field. During Thuderstruck, some Astro players were warming up in Right and the Battery came in from the Bullpen. As the song ended, the Astros left the field, the Sox ran out and started warming up.

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 01:47 PM
I was just curious about this and I know somebody will certainly give me the answer. Why doesn't Fox show a doubleheader? Like there's the normal 1 pm game like the White Sox and Astros that they show, but they don't show the 4 pm game (Giants and A's this week). Why don't they ever show both games? I know about the territorial stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to show two games on Saturday would it? What else are they gonna show on Fox afterwards (between 4 and 7 anyway)?
My husband and I were talking about the same thing. Out here during the Sox game, Fox had infomercials on. Did they really think the same number of people who would watch Sox/Astros would watch some clowns hawk some goofy kitchen utensil that no one needs?

SOXintheBURGH
06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
My husband and I were talking about the same thing. Out here during the Sox game, Fox had infomercials on. Did they really think the same number of people who would watch Sox/Astros would watch some clowns hawk some goofy kitchen utensil that no one needs?

This is neither the time nor the place to bad mouth Ron Popeil and his myriad of inventions that are no larger than a toaster oven.

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
again if u dont get the game on fox or if you dont get the gameday audio, then just turn to espn radio cause it will be broadcasted on there.
Not in Phoenix it wasn't.