PDA

View Full Version : Have A Nice Day

thomas35forever
06-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Has the Bon Jovi song Have A Nice Day replaced Sweet Home Chicago as the song we hear after every Sox victory?

areilly
06-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Has the Bon Jovi song Have A Nice Day replaced Sweet Home Chicago as the song we hear after every Sox victory?

Let us hope not.

Timmy D's
06-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I dont know what's up w/ that. I've noticed it to. I to need my sweet home when I'm doing the long trek down the ramps. My friend suggested that he noticed Have a nice day during the week, and Sweet home on the weekends, including Friday night, SO, I guess we'll put that to the test tomorrow night after we kick the crud out of the Stohs. Personally I think they just mix it up, as I remember a Weds night 2-3 weeks ago we won and they played Sweet Home, as I remember runnin off t take a whiz and sayin' to a few buds at just the right time, "you guys keep playin'....."

Garland_IS_God
06-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Id rather hear Motley Crue Home Sweet Home!

vernhillssoxfan
06-23-2006, 07:42 AM
After Tuesday night's game they played Sweet Home Chicago.

Blob
06-23-2006, 09:38 AM
I have noticed they have been changing it up after each game.

So after we win tonight, we should get to hear some Blues Brothers!! :D:

woodsdavid
06-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Noticed it last night too (6/22). Was thinking *** is this? Where's Sweet Home Chicago??
Nice to try new stuff, but this experiment didn't work.

PS: Per my cranky posting from last month: Was nice not to have any kids announcing innings last night!

INSox56
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I hope to God this isn't true. I hate Bon Jovi more than anything...

Hitmen77
06-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I hope they stick with Sweet Home Chicago.

What's next? Replacing Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Em Goodbye with something from R. Kelly? :o:

kevingrt
06-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I am kind of angered by it to, I love Sweet Home Chicago while walking out of the park. I think we need to start sending Brooks mass e-mail's telling him to get Sweet Home back on after a White Sox winner.

Hitmen77
06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
I am kind of angered by it to, I love Sweet Home Chicago while walking out of the park. I think we need to start sending Brooks mass e-mail's telling him to get Sweet Home back on after a White Sox winner.

Last time I was there when they played Sweet Home Chicago, all the fans were singing along to the refrain as we were heading to the exits. That was really cool!!!! Yeah, we need to dump that song and just pick songs to please the 19 year old demographic.

chisoxmike
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Sweet Home Chicago is a STAPLE after a win.

Let's hope they stick with it. "Have a nice day" sucks.

spiffie
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Everyone in this thread is forgetting a very important fact. Bon Jovi has a promotional relationship with MLB. Money talks very loudly.

nlentz88
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Last time I was there when they played Sweet Home Chicago, all the fans were singing along to the refrain as we were heading to the exits. That was really cool!!!!

I've had this experience many times too. It's such a great feeling to walk down those ramps after a great Sox win, surrounded by fellow fans singing "Come on/Baby dont you wanna go/Back to that same old place/Sweet home Chicago."

Timmy D's
06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Well there goes that theory, as we hear Have a Nice day yet again!!:angry: I need my Sweet Home Chicago!! Seriously we should all petition the front office or whoever makes this decision to switch back!! On a good note great win, and awesome fireworks as usual!!!

Brian26
06-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Sweet Home Chicago is a STAPLE after a win.

Let's hope they stick with it. "Have a nice day" sucks.

But we need to hear Livin' On a Prayer more!

Interlake
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Not only was there no Sweet Home Chicago and instead the lame Bon Jovi, this must be the first White Sox win I've been to in 29 years where there was no Na-na-na-na after the win.

Has this been the case at all Nancy-less games this year?

white sox bill
06-24-2006, 09:59 AM
"When the world gets in my face, I say Have a Nice Day" I am coming to town to see Bon Jovi and Nickelback July 20th and Sox/Texas the next night.
OK so Jon and the boys aren't the thrashing AC/DC or Metallica, two of my favorites, but I still like them. Home sweet home is probably more fitting for end of game I admit.

downstairs
06-24-2006, 10:33 AM
We're on pace to win 60 home games... I think they just don't want to wear the CD out...

:cool:

buehrle4cy05
06-24-2006, 11:35 AM
What's next? Replacing Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Em Goodbye with something from R. Kelly? :o:

Yesterday when Borkowski came out, they did not play even a recording of that song. It was something (I think by Lil' Jon) that was totally blasphemous. They go to take Borkowski out, I stand up and just as I'm about to start, they pump THAT through the speakers?:o: