PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Willie!!!

bafiarocks03
06-22-2006, 02:32 PM
TODAY IS WILLIE HARRIS' BIRHTDAY!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! I'M WEARING HIS JERSEY ALL DAY! I WANNA BAKE A CAKE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WILLIAM CHARLES HARRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU!

I LOVE HIM! =] OBVIOUSLY!:happybday :happybday :happybday

TheDarkGundam
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow.
No way I can follow that up.
Happy Birthday Willie. :happybday

ilsox7
06-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Is he back in AAA yet?

Mickster
06-22-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.itg.uiuc.edu/people/weber/images/HURL.gif

Jaffar
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
WOW IS THAT DISGUSTING! Way to show the love Bafia. Happy Birthday Hollywood Harris!

spawn
06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Who's Willie Harris?

Unregistered
06-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Yikes. :o:

slobes
06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I can't disrespect the guy that scored the only run in game 4 last year.

Happy birthday Willie

SouthSide_HitMen
06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
:happybday

Happy Birthday Willie - Thanks for the Game Winning World Series run!!!

You are in the show on your BD - may you stay up for a few more years and collect those paychecks. I hope he is saving for his retirement.

ilsox7
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Happy Birthday Willie - Thanks for the Game Winning World Series run!!!

You are in the show on your BD - may you stay up for a few more years and collect those paychecks. I hope he is saving for his retirement.

His pension will be sweet given that he has already been in MLB for a few years.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-22-2006, 03:25 PM
His pension will be sweet given that he has already been in MLB for a few years.

You need four full years of service time and he may need to hang on through this season and possibly next (as he spent a bunch of time in AAA during his time with the White Sox).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/harriwi02.shtml

Hopefully he won't be heartlessly cut on the day before reaching his 4th full season as Luis Leal was when he was cut by the Toronto Blue Jays on June 29, 1985.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/leallu01.shtml

ilsox7
06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
You need five full years of service time and he may need to hang on through this season and possibly next (as he spent a bunch of time in AAA during his time with the White Sox).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/harriwi02.shtml

Hopefully he won't be heartlessly cut on the day before reaching his 5th full season as Luis Leal was when he was cut by the Toronto Blue Jays on June 29, 1985.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/leallu01.shtml

Ah, I thought the pension was a sliding scale up until that 5 years. My bad. Hang in there Willie.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Ah, I thought the pension was a sliding scale up until that 5 years. My bad. Hang in there Willie.

It may be I have to investigate. When I was looking up Luis Leal who I remember getting screwed (the Blue Jays could have kept him one more day - it would only cost them chump change as the cost is spread over the entire league) I see it was changed from 5 years to 4 years (and edited my post accordingly).

There may be a sliding scale - Daver or someone else with better knowledge of the CBA can chime in - but IIRC, Willie will get full health benefits and of course I higher annual payment if he can hang on as long as possible.

I assume players would get a higher pension after 10 years than they would after 5 so if he can hang on as long as possible as a 5th OFer & backup 2B it will be gravy for Bafia's favorite player. The $327,000 MLB minimum isn't peanuts either.

ilsox7
06-22-2006, 03:43 PM
It may be I have to investigate. When I was looking up Luis Leal who I remember getting screwed (the Blue Jays could have kept him one more day - it would only cost them chump change as the cost is spread over the entire league) I see it was changed from 5 years to 4 years (and edited my post accordingly).

There may be a sliding scale - Daver or someone else with better knowledge of the CBA can chime in - but IIRC, Willie will get full health benefits and of course I higher annual payment if he can hang on as long as possible.

I assume players would get a higher pension after 10 years than they would after 5 so if he can hang on as long as possible as a 5th OFer & backup 2B it will be gravy for Bafia's favorite player. The $327,000 MLB minimum isn't peanuts either.

A smart MLB player who hangs around for a few years should be set-up well for life. Even if his career player earnings are not enough to never work again, he should be able to leverage his playing career into another baseball-related career, making good money.

Over By There
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Sometimes you see a thread title, and you don't even need to look over to know who started it.

Oh, yeah. Happy birthday, Willie.

salty99
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
I think Bafia would pay his pension if needed..hahaha

QCIASOXFAN
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I miss fast Willie! :happybday :happybday

SoxSpeed22
06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the run Willie.
Mickster, that is about the second or third grossest thing anyone's ever posted on here.

spiffie
06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Happy birthday Willie. You never did much for us, but you sure did do something big when it counted.