PDA

View Full Version : New York Trip - July 14-16

WikdChiSoxFan
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone making the trip?

We've finally set up our flight, hotel, and tickets. I'm, for lack of a better word, pumped!

We won't be doing any touristy things, probably just going to the games and looking for some fun things to do.

Anyone know of any good bars or hangouts near Yankee Stadium? Or any personal recommendations in other parts of town?

jenn2080
06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
There is a few bars on the side of the stadium...you can not miss them

There is also quite a few good bars on 2nd Ave between like 49th and like 35th...maybe even farther then that.

dllrbll7
06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Anyone making the trip?

We've finally set up our flight, hotel, and tickets. I'm, for lack of a better word, pumped!

We won't be doing any touristy things, probably just going to the games and looking for some fun things to do.

Anyone know of any good bars or hangouts near Yankee Stadium? Or any personal recommendations in other parts of town?

I am working on setting up flights as we speak!

CHIsoxNation
06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone making the trip?

I actually booked my flights a couple months ago. Got a great deal for about $120 round trip. So far we only have tickets to the Friday game but will try to pick up another game. I also was able to get Conan tickets for the Friday show. I'm going with my girlfriend so I'm sure she'll be wanting to do some of that tourist stuff in between games. But like you, I am also very pumped!!!

BadBobbyJenks
06-22-2006, 05:11 PM
All I saw was single game tickets available, but Id love to our sox at yankee stadium

seventyseven
06-22-2006, 05:34 PM
There is a few bars on the side of the stadium...you can not miss them

You may want to "miss" them, however. Not the greatest establishments.

Meixner007
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll be there for the weekend and catching the Sunday game. Probably going to scalp tickets outside the stadium. I have a few friends there and they say that's the way to go. I'll be on the 545 Friday flight out of midway if anyone wants to meet up.

CHIsoxNation
06-22-2006, 06:02 PM
All I saw was single game tickets available, but Id love to our sox at yankee stadium

I kept checking Yankees.com once a day or every other day and would do a search for two tickets to all three games. For about a month straight I didn't get anything but about 2 weeks ago I lucked out and got two upper terrace for Friday nights game.

soxjim
06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Going out to NY for my two weeks annual training. That is the weekend I will be there. Got tickets for Saturdays game.

delben91
06-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll be there for the Sunday game. Alas, that's all I can manage. :(:

kwa
06-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I'll be at some games. I haven not decided which or how many games I can attend. If you need any NY advice or tips, let me know.
The bars near the stadium are like open air beer sheds. Best to avoid them.